• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January

it's what SS should've been imo.

It isn't what SS should have been. There is basically nothing interesting to do in First Light. It is short, the characters are not interesting, there are basically two mission types and neither of them are good.

It might still be amazing compared to something like Assassin's Creed, but it is the very bare minimum for what an open world game should be.

Pretty though.

Ducktales on Vita would have been amazing.

Great month again for PS+! Glad we can finally play Duke, even more so that I don't have to pay for it!

Putosaure

Well, I bought Duke Nukem back when it was shortly available, but I'm still glad I paid for it the 10€ admission fee as it's worth it. Can't wait to see all these Plus owners online, as the multiplayer is completely empty since soft-launch. It's gonna be a mess.

Duke 3D is fucking fantastic news. One of the few games I was ready to buy on day one regardless.

Keen to see the official Euro PS+ lineup though. Woah Dave was previously released on 3DS and didn't get a Euro/Aus release at all, so I doubt they'll bother with the Vita version either.

So NA won't get these until next week right? Sucks we missed the first Tuesday being the 1st by a couple days.

Also kind of sucks that it looks like we don't get new weekly discounts this week. It's cool they extended the Flash and Holiday sales, but there's sales every week.

Second Son had a 6-8 hour main campaign and some of the worst side content i've ever seen in a game. So many things that were given context, like the DUP agents being disguised as civilians, how did Delsin know? He also knew about the cameras and audio logs. The only side content that was given context were the paper missions which had an extremely disappointing ending and also required that you participate in a website to examine clues, the pre-order missions for getting Cole's jacket, and spray painting. It also downgraded the melee combat from Infamous 2 which already had simplistic combat. And just a very shallow open world that didn't have the density or detail that i'd expect from a next gen sandbox, imo it could've been a cross gen title if cause I don't see how ps3 couldn't handle that world with reduced graphics and effects. Meanwhile you have First Light, which rectifies every single criticism above except for the sandbox not feeling very next gen aside from looks. All of the side content is given context. Fetch's moveset is more complex than Delsin's and she has options for melee combat including the return of finishing moves. And she feels more complete due to one power that's given unique uses. Like
mind control
. It's what SS should've been imo.

I'd was referring to story, not gameplay mechanics. :p

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It isn't what SS should have been. There is basically nothing interesting to do in First Light. It is short, the characters are not interesting, there are basically two mission types and neither of them are good.

It might still be amazing compared to something like Assassin's Creed, but it is the very bare minimum for what an open world game should be.

Pretty though.
I found neither SS or First Light to be as much fun as AC. Especially when it came to how it moves the Infamous series forward, which neither seem to do. Racing along Seattle chasing orbs, neon graffiti, etc are much more fun side content than the side content in SS. And the drug guys actually having a boss as well helps. How is the melee combat not better? How is traversal not better with the addition of neon gas that helps increase speed?

I'd was referring to story, not gameplay mechanics. :p
I actually enjoyed the story a bit more in First Light, mainly due to Fetch being a less safe and typical protagonist than Delsin and due to it feeling more complete since it lacks the very antiquated moral system. Even though Troy's performance was once again great like it always is.

MikeyB

Duck Tales. There's a game that will turn my PS3 back on. I used to play through the NES version with my buddy in the summer after swim practice and play the Gameboy version on family trips. We lost touch after 11 or 12 or so and I heard that leukemia got him recently.

Rest in peace, buddy. I'll have you on my mind on the next moon level.

Gaijin Games is a terrible name for a company though and not everything they do has to be Bit Trip.

I'm really interested to try this now, I love Bit.Trip.

What's the story behind Woah Dave? Is it literally by the same guys, or is it a new dev with some people who left Gaijin? Why did they change the name? I agree that Gaijin isn't a great name, but changing the name of your company after releasing a popular series of games is insane.

N30RYU

Gold Member
I enjoyed Second Son. It could have been much better though. The side content was barebones.
SS was a great game, but the worst of all 5 (including First Light and in2 DLC).

First Light is one of the best inFAMOUS games, short and long enough to not be borring or too repetitive. And also challenging enough in the arena to extend the gameplay up to 12~15 hours.

The Swapper is another gem if you don't use any guide and solve all puzzles by yourself.

Great PS4 games, aside from Prototype 2 the PS3 and Vita games are pretty lame.

impact

Banned
First time I play a PS4 IGC game since Resogun. Excited to finally play as Fetch tbh, she was one of the only good things going in Second Son.

Hilariously bad Vita offerings though. I'd probably be pissed if I still had a Vita but now I just laugh :x

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So unfathomable happy I didn't buy Woah Dave for $0.000001 during the Winter sale on Steam now

MUnited83

For you.
so, as far as I know Duke Nukem 3D is forbidden here in germany...are we getting something else?

It isn't forbidden at all actually.

First time I play a PS4 IGC game since Resogun. Excited to finally play as Fetch tbh, she was one of the only good things going in Second Son.

Hilariously bad Vita offerings though. I'd probably be pissed if I still had a Vita but now I just laugh :x

? Seems a great Vita month for me. Duke Nukem 3D is a brand new release on the system and it's a good game, Woah Dave is also a brand new release,and while I never played it, it seems to be from the Bit Trip guys, which basically guarantees that the game will be at least good.

Darksheik

Quite happy with the selection to be honest. Ps4 is very strong, Ps3 is decent although Vita is not that good.
As I play 90% on Ps4, I'm quite satisfied.

MMaRsu

Banned
So NA won't get these until next week right? Sucks we missed the first Tuesday being the 1st by a couple days.

Also kind of sucks that it looks like we don't get new weekly discounts this week. It's cool they extended the Flash and Holiday sales, but there's sales every week.

Eu wont get this till next week either tho

WITHE1982

Awesome month for all 3 consoles:

Heard great things about First Light and The Swapper is simply amazing. It has one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced. So hauntingly beautiful.

Duck tales looks kick-ass and prototype 2 is a very solid free roam game (not as good as the first though IMHO)

Finally Duke Nukem 3D looks like fantastic fun on the Vita. Can't wait to get hold of this one.

It isn't forbidden at all actually.
It was for the longest time (even though forbidden is the wrong word) but it seems the re-release has been re-submitted to the USK and got a 18+ rating.

By the way, Prototype 2 is also available on the German store so nothing should change in Germany.
? Seems a great Vita month for me. Duke Nukem 3D is a brand new release on the system and it's a good game, Woah Dave is also a brand new release,and while I never played it, it seems to be from the Bit Trip guys, which basically guarantees that the game will be at least good.
Duke Nukem 3D Iooks alright, but Whoa Dave has already been discounted everywhere to 1€ so that's not a very valuable addition.

Already knew about First Light but I'm very eager to play it since I skipped SS.
Partly because I want to experience the shiny "next" gen graphics of their engine. Injustice must be one of the most ugly PS4 games lol.

Very happy about Duck Tales, has been on my radar. I hope it looks clean on the PS3.
Prototype 2 is kinda neat, haven't play that series so it might be something to play wh... nah, my backlog is already too big haha

oh and hoping Duke is cross-buy with the PS3 version.
Any cross-buy game on PS4 would be good as well.

Theman2k

I have a question.
If for the past year I have got all the IGC games from my UK account, and now I switch my PS+ to EU, Do I maintain access to the UK PS+ IGC games ?

I tried googling it with no luck.

I have a question.
If for the past year I have got all the IGC games from my UK account, and now I switch my PS+ to EU, Do I maintain access to the UK PS+ IGC games ?

Are they using the same PSN ID? If so then I don't see why not... Although I didn't know you could switch regions...

I don't really have any idea though... :p

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Hope Duke is cross-buy and eventually gets a PS4 release. Any excuse to play through it again.

I have a question.

Do you mean you have PS+ on your UK account but now want to use another PSN account as your main account (and to get PS+ for it instead)?
Because no, as soon as PS+ lapses on your UK account, you will lose access to the IGC games of that specific account. You can't transfer anything between different PSN accounts even within the same region.

Theman2k

Do you mean you have PS+ on your UK account but now want to use another PSN account as your main account (and to get PS+ for it instead)?
Because no, as soon as PS+ lapses on your UK account, you will lose access to the IGC games of that specific account. You can't transfer anything between different PSN accounts even within the same region.

Yes thats what i meant.
i had it on my UK account and got a lot of games during the past year. Now i wish to use my ps plus on my local country account to use it for discounts.

But then i will lose access to all my IGC games i obtained the past year? Or as long as i have ps plus I maintain access even if its on another region ?

Yes thats what i meant.
i had it on my UK account and got a lot of games during the past year. Now i wish to use my ps plus on my local country account to use it for discounts.

But then i will lose access to all my IGC games i obtained the past year? Or as long as i have ps plus I maintain access even if its on another region ?

If you are switching Plus to another account, you will lose all games you got on your previous account. It's why I regret signing up for EU Plus back in the day, US has much better discounts.

Top Bottom