• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus games for January

Yes thats what i meant.
i had it on my UK account and got a lot of games during the past year. Now i wish to use my ps plus on my local country account to use it for discounts.

But then i will lose access to all my IGC games i obtained the past year? Or as long as i have ps plus I maintain access even if its on another region ?

You'd have to buy PS+ for both accounts if you want to keep the games and get discounts on your local store.

CLBridges

Glad I didn't jump the gun on purchasing First Light, I look forward to playing this and playing around with more Neon powers.

Will I be able to play First Light without spoiling me Second Son?
I haven't played Second Son yet and I wouldn't want to spoil myself by playing First Light before Second Son.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
I got Injustice qued to download. It never actually downloaded because fuck psn, amirite? But I'll still get to keep it right?

BumRush

I got Injustice qued to download. It never actually downloaded because fuck psn, amirite? But I'll still get to keep it right?

Yes. From now on, these easiest thing to do is "purchase" the games on the SEN website. Then you don't even have to dl

Godammit i bought first light on the day it came out. I want fucking Natural Doctrine like japan is getting. Ah well, maybe in FEB.

kiyoaki

I'm happy about Duck Tales. For me, it's been one of those games you're mildly interested in but never buy because it's gonna turn up on PS+ eventually.

Olli128

Yes thats what i meant.
i had it on my UK account and got a lot of games during the past year. Now i wish to use my ps plus on my local country account to use it for discounts.

But then i will lose access to all my IGC games i obtained the past year? Or as long as i have ps plus I maintain access even if its on another region ?

You need a PS plus subscription on the account that redeemed the free games or you cant access them, it's not like online play where PS PLUS on the master account allows play on any other on the console.

When October's PS+ games were announced, DriveClub was announced as a "bonus" and it did not take up a slot from a regular PS4 game. I don't know why you are now assuming it should be announced in one of the regular slots.

Sorry the game got delayed for a year. They had to make it.

Honestly, it's getting to the stage where I would expect them to formally scrap the PS+ edition and put the full edition as a PS+ game, probably in the autumn.

Vlaphor

Been wanting to play Last Light, so there's that. I wouldn't mind having Duke Nukem on the go, so that's fine. Overall, a fine month.

Petrie

Banned
One day I'll get a larger Vita memory stick and be able to load up all these games.

One day.

8 gigs is not cutting it.

PerZona

Oh yes, totally downloading inFamous. Completed Second Son but didn't bother buying the DLC. And thankfully I didn't buy it as it's free on PS Plus now. Awesome.

kng3025

Will I be able to play First Light without spoiling me Second Son?
I haven't played Second Son yet and I wouldn't want to spoil myself by playing First Light before Second Son.

Yeah, you would. It's stand alone and doesn't spoil second son. I'm almost done with it and have been enjoying it thoroughly. If anything, I think playing second son then jumping into first light would be better, but that's just my opinion.

odhiex

Great ps+ offering for January, I can't wait.

I am a ps+ subscriber for about 8 months now (mainly for my ps3), and I bought a PS4 earlier this month. Eventually, I already had a bunch of ps+ games collection ready to play/download. The discounts for digital PS games are also nice.

Now, if only I have a Psvita as well. That would make it more awesome.

SteHitch

Neo Member
Decent selection of games again this month. I have First Light and don't really care for the Prototype series despite playing both to completion (games are janky as hell). The others are a welcome addition though and well worth the £3 it costs per month to subcsribe.

The amount of moaning from disillusioned people really is pathetic (mostly on the psnblog comments), even if there are 5 or 6 decent games per year that interest you or you haven't bought in the past, it has cost you a miniscule amount of money to play and enjoy them.

For the record I played and finished 14 games that were downloaded from PS+ and at least 7 of them I may not have even bought or tried myself (Gravity Rush, Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time, Guacamelee!, Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed, Puppeteer, Strider and Stick it to the Man). I think that offers great value for money, yet it seems Sony cannot win. If they release AAA games then people moan for the fact that they are 9 months old, if they release Indie games they whinge again for not offering 'better' games.

Just enjoy the games people!

Theman2k

You need a PS plus subscription on the account that redeemed the free games or you cant access them, it's not like online play where PS PLUS on the master account allows play on any other on the console.

Thank you and for everyone else who answered me.

Guess ill need to think what ill do next.

Looks like Duke Nukem 3D is not available in Germany, we will be getting Gravity Crash Ultra instead. Weird, as the game is on Steam with an USK 18 rating.

EDIT: I just checked, and while the Steam version displays a USK 18 rating on the store page, there is nothing about it in the USK database.

Ramenman

Oh cool, prototype 2. Probably not a good game but one I'd gladly try for free. That's what PS+ is for, so that's great.

Vita feels a little down, but otherwise a really solid month. Full of stuff that I wanted to play but was wary of paying full price for (First Light, Ducktales, Duke Nukem, Prototype 2). Glad to be getting them!

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Duke Nukem 3D is not available in Germany, we will be getting Gravity Crash Ultra instead. Weird, as the game is on Steam with an USK 18 rating.

EDIT: I just checked, and while the Steam version displays a USK 18 rating on the store page, there is nothing about it in the USK database.
Damn, I thought being featured on PS+ required the game to be available everywhere, but this throws that theory out the window. It's a shame because I'd hope that it would force some publishers to make their games available in all of Europe now that PS+ games are the same in Europe and the US.
Edit: Maybe this is a special case, since it's apparently prohibited to distribute Duke 3D in Germany period. And it seems like AU/NZ doesn't have Prototype 2, maybe they'll put them on their stores now?
has there been any new footage of Duke Nukem 3D? All i could find were year old trailers
It was available in Europe for a couple of minutes back in November before it got rescheduled to be a PS+ game. Apparently it's a good port on Vita at least, but there's texture filtering that you can't turn off which really sucks. I hope they added the option to turn it off now that it releases for real.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Did I miss something or did they announce this and forgotten to update the store yesterday?
There was no updates yesterday was there?

Xeroblade

I dont know if this is the place to ask this but can someone explain to me how i purchase ps+ from the online playstation store? or can i add funds from my computer to my account and then proceed to buy it through my console? thanks.

garyBig

Lol me so stupid. Bought The Swapper like two days ago. Well it wasn't expensive. Still, I thought it was another game that was rumoured or even confirmed to be the second PS4 title alongside First Light. My mind is playing tricks on me.

Top Bottom