• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I am on the verge of purchasing P4G from Amazon but I'm afraid it could be one of April's IGC games. If Only they would leak or be announced soon, so I can buy either it or FFX...

Go with your heart. If i have a say in this, i say p4g. I got the game based on Gaf's love for it. Turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. I also have ffx for the vita. While i like the game, its not comparing to p4 IMO

RK128

I am on the verge of purchasing P4G from Amazon but I'm afraid it could be one of April's IGC games. If Only they would leak or be announced soon, so I can buy either it or FFX...

I wouldn't expect P4G to be a Plus game until at least well into this year (most likely this November when Sony does decide to FINALLY update the initial IGC of Uncharted/Gravity Rush/Wipeout). As for next months Vita games, I thinking thinking we will get Dynasty Warriors Next (EU already got this) and Resistance Burning Skies (or a indie game like Rocket Birds or Sound Shapes).

Either way, next month should be great for all three systems :).

V_Ben

Banned
I feel like Mercenary Kings is unlikely, as the game was Kickstarted, and is being distributed to backers this month. To give it away for free on another platform would be... annoying to those people, would it not?

What if it's Hotline Miami for PS4?

Endy MacK

I feel like Mercenary Kings is unlikely, as the game was Kickstarted, and is being distributed to backers this month. To give it away for free on another platform would be... annoying to those people, would it not?

I would be surprised, as it was already free on PS3. However, I wouldn't be disappointed; Hotline Miami is amazing and everyone should play it.

jwk94

They'd be giving it away twice if that happened. The game is Cross-Buy for PS3/4/Vita.

V_Ben

Banned
They'd be giving it away twice if that happened. The game is Cross-Buy for PS3/4/Vita.

Yep, so people would be getting it free either way. If you don't own it, you get a cross-buy game. If you own it on PS3 or Vita, you get a PS4 version. Everybody gets a free game!

Griss

Man, that terrible feeling when you're distracted by work and other stuff for a month so you forget to add a game. Forgot to add the PS4 game last month. First time ever I've done that after almost two years. My PS4 wasn't even connected as I was working through my PS3 backlog before I put it away, only to be wheeled out when something special comes along.

Anyway, the game I missed was Outlast. Went and researched it, and not only is it something I'd really like to play, it costs 19 euros. Would have paid almost half my PS+ sub on its own :(

Someone tell me it was terrible or something...

Ashtar

Is it just me or is lone survivor crap? I tried playing it last night after finishing off infamous SS game just seems like trash, I think the dissonance between art style and theme of the game bothers me and I don't even know what the heck I'm supposed to do. I have a gun and I went through a few mirrors.... and then I shut it off and played some Retro/Grade

Vinc

I really hope P4G is the Vita game in NA next month, I've been wanting it for a while and I keep hesitating to buy it since I expect it to be on PS+ soon...

RK128

Is it just me or is lone survivor crap? I tried playing it last night after finishing off infamous SS game just seems like trash, I think the dissonance between art style and theme of the game bothers me and I don't even know what the heck I'm supposed to do. I have a gun and I went through a few mirrors.... and then I shut it off and played some Retro/Grade

From what I played of the game, you do have a clear objective (where it's told to you via the story), but the game is mostly about exploration of its creepy world and more or less accidentally completing much of the games main tasks. As for you not liking the games look, I think it like that for two reasons; the game being indie and not having the budget to have Silent Hill 2-level graphics and the games 2D style/music giving you the creepy feeling that the game needs (the fuzzed out spirtes for example).

Try sticking with the game for another hour or so before you completely write it off; it is a good game outside of some problems here and there (the map system...its just weird :().

RK128

I really hope P4G is the Vita game in NA next month, I've been wanting it for a while and I keep hesitating to buy it since I expect it to be on PS+ soon...

I think I said this in an eariler comment, but don't expect it to come to PS+ until Sony replaces its evergreen PS+ games, as P4G would be the most likely addition to the evergreen games (next to LBP Vita and maybe PS All Stars). The game isn't that expensive (I think it costs 20 bucks now, both digital and retail), and considering the game is a JRPG, its quite long (from what other people said here, they almost spend 60-100 hours with the game). Its a good buy if you like JRPG's and while I can't personally recommend the game (as I don't own it; only RPG's I've ever played were Paper Mario, the M&L series, Sonic Chronicles, and Super Mario RPG), Vita Gaf says the game is amazing :).

I hope we get something good on PS4! Got mine the other day so the only free games I got so far were Dead Nation and Resogun. I hate I missed out on Outlast I really play that but I don't wanna the $20 right probably will eventually though.

stinkytick

Neo Member
Go with your heart. If i have a say in this, i say p4g. I got the game based on Gaf's love for it. Turned out to be one of my favorite games of all time. I also have ffx for the vita. While i like the game, its not comparing to p4 IMO

Well I kind of impulse ordered the game today after reading your post, so that must be a sign that it will be the next game on IGC...

I even tried to ask on the PS Blog but as expected they didn't answer.

i'm itching to see what ps4 will be getting in april. in my book they've all been good so far aside from dead nation, played a little and it was one rough looking/playing game.

also please don't be anything scary because i've been trying to play outlast and it is fun but i am baby :')

This page is claiming that Secret Ponchos is the free game, but it is seems to be out dated info. Hopefully we get something better.

Secret Ponchos (PS4) – April 2014 (Will be free for PS+ members)

These games fit the schedule for PS+
Mercenary Kings (PS4 – PSN) – April 1st (NA), April 2nd (EU)
King Oddball (PS4 – PSN) – April 1st (NA), April 2nd (EU)
Daylight (PS4 – PSN) – April 8th, 2014 (NA)

Edit: I guess the page is on the banlist since it was censored.
Anyways if those release dates are correct, then it might be one of them.

I'd be really happy with Daylight. The last horror game they added (Outlast) was AWESOME.

ckleow

ASIA Playstation Plus (2014-04-03 To 2014-04-30)

New Games
  • Mercenary Kings (English Ver.) - PS4
  • NiGHTS into dreams... (English/Japanese Ver.) - PS3
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time™ (English Ver.) - PS3
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time™ (English Ver.) - VITA
  • DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (English Ver.) - VITA
  • DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (Chinese Ver.) - VITA
  • DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (Japanese Ver.) - VITA
  • SOULCALIBUR™II HD ONLINE (English Ver.) - PS3

Old Games
  • Bioshock Infinite (English Ver.) - PS3
  • LIMBO (English Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • Knytt Underground™ (English Ver.) - VITA
  • Knytt Underground™ (English Ver.) - PS3
  • NINJA GAIDEN Σ2 PLUS (English/Chinese/Korean/Japanese Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO (Japanese Ver.) - PS3
  • XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO (Japanese Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • KATAMARI DAMASHII NO VITA (Japanese Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (English Ver.) - VITA
  • Borderlands 2 (English Ver.) - PS3
  • Galaga Legions® DX (English Ver.) - PS3
  • Elminage Original™ (English Ver.) - PS3 / VITA / VITA TV / PSP

Source:asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/psPlus#comingOffers

dosh

Someone tell me it was terrible or something...

It was okay. Not the greatest horror game I've ever played as the scares tend to repeat themselves a bit, but it was genuinely fun and some gameplay elements are really cool (for example you can press a button to watch behind you while you're running, which is a fantastic and totally stressful concept).

It's also quite short (I finished it in one sitting of roughly 6 hours).

ASIA Playstation Plus (2014-04-03 To 2014-04-30)

New Games
  • Mercenary Kings (English Ver.) - PS4
  • NiGHTS into dreams... (English/Japanese Ver.) - PS3
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time™ (English Ver.) - PS3
  • Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time™ (English Ver.) - VITA
  • DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (English Ver.) - VITA
  • DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (Chinese Ver.) - VITA
  • DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT (Japanese Ver.) - VITA
  • SOULCALIBUR™II HD ONLINE (English Ver.) - PS3

Old Games
  • Bioshock Infinite (English Ver.) - PS3
  • LIMBO (English Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • Knytt Underground™ (English Ver.) - VITA
  • Knytt Underground™ (English Ver.) - PS3
  • NINJA GAIDEN Σ2 PLUS (English/Chinese/Korean/Japanese Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO (Japanese Ver.) - PS3
  • XBLAZE CODE : EMBRYO (Japanese Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • KATAMARI DAMASHII NO VITA (Japanese Ver.) - VITA / VITA TV
  • Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (English Ver.) - VITA
  • Borderlands 2 (English Ver.) - PS3
  • Galaga Legions® DX (English Ver.) - PS3
  • Elminage Original™ (English Ver.) - PS3 / VITA / VITA TV / PSP

Source:asia.playstation.com/hk/en/psn/psPlus#comingOffers

Dang. Very disappointing PS4 game; not my kind of game at all. Two months in a row now then with no interest in the PS4 game.

I'm happy with Mercenary Kings. Seems cool and it is from the same studio that made the Scott Pilgrim game.

In the end, any game that I don't already have, is good for me.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I don't know how well asia matches up with EU/NA but I'd be happy with Mercanary Kings, Soul Calibur 2 HD and Thieves in Time.

Lingitiz

I'm happy with Mercenary Kings, better that than Secret Ponchos. I've been wanting to play it on PC but I've been waiting for the full release.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I'm happy with Mercenary Kings. Seems cool and it is from the same studio that made the Scott Pilgrim game.

In the end, any game that I don't already have, is good for me.

It's actually a new studio created by three of the people that worked on the SP game.

Even though I've had Mercenary Kings since they put it up for early access, I'm happy that more people will get to check it out and hopefully enjoy it. I bought it solely because I'm a huge Paul Robertson fan, but I ended up liking the game quite a bit. Can't wait to see everything that comes with its full release (finally).

oti

Banned
DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT was free on EU PS+ last month for Vita, so I'm assuming that would get swapped out for something else. Maybe that gets swapped for Hotline Miami over here?

Sure, why not. Bought it for <2€ during the last sale I believe, great game.

oti

Banned
TDaXrIC.jpg

fenners

This was posted on the US PS Blog yesterday - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/24/playstation-plus-monster-hunter-freedom-unite-for-members/.

Bit of an odd one putting a game free right at the end of the month. Seems this is part of March, not April's PS+ offerings. Not sure if it'll be in EU too.

Yeah, this is part of March. It was announced way back with the rest of the month's games, not a surprise. US doesn't use the same weird schedule as the EU PS+.

Lucifon

Wish they'd announce it already. It's frustrating waiting to buy something thinking it could be free 1 week later :( I'm holding off on Dragon's Crown on Vita at the moment just incase.

Top Bottom