• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Klart

Would really love Entwined, OlliOlli, Rogue Legacy, Swapper, Steamworld Dig, Octodad, or Valiant Hearts for PS4. Just wish they'd let us know so I can decide what to spend money on now.

Very unlikely that any of the current sales will be in Plus. They tend to avoid that.

Klart

Is that confirmed?

They explicitly said it will be the first Wednesday of the month. Not 'first Wednesday of the month unless the first Wednesday of the month occurs before the first Tuesday of the month because we don't want to upset the USA, so in which case it'll be the second Wednesday of the month'.

I'm sure they forward plan these things so to have not foreseen these occurrences is pretty stupid.

Was confirmed. See official comments in EU blog a few pages back.

Is that confirmed?

They explicitly said it will be the first Wednesday of the month. Not 'first Wednesday of the month unless the first Wednesday of the month occurs before the first Tuesday of the month because we don't want to upset the USA, so in which case it'll be the second Wednesday of the month'.

I'm sure they forward plan these things so to have not foreseen these occurrences is pretty stupid.

Yes, unfortunately. I complained about it on Fred Dutton's Twitter, explaining we pay for a service that gives us games on the first wed of the month so they should provide. Then some other guy said he didn't care because they're free games and I should chill (or something).

People are stupid. PS Plus is a paid SERVICE, not Sony giving away free games from the kindness of their hearts.

Anyway, does anyone have a copy of the IGC terms and conditions?

Petrie

Banned
Anyway, does anyone have a copy of the IGC terms and conditions?

I can't imagine they put the date for the games in the Terms. Wouldn't make any sense.

Same reason they can simply change the mix of games release on a whim. Sony is going to be in the clear on this one.

Jintor

Finally got around to trying psbasr.

Yeaaaahhhhhhhhh having more fun with the smash demo. Beautiful backgrounds though.

I can't imagine they put the date for the games in the Terms. Wouldn't make any sense.

Same reason they can simply change the mix of games release on a whim. Sony is going to be in the clear on this one.

Fair enough. What about an article or video about publishing the first wed of the month?

I don't even really care that much about the games, they've been mostly disappointing on PS4 (apart from Resogun). It's more about the principle, how we pay a monthly sub and we don't get our due on time because the US would be unhappy, despite the fact we get the later store updates 99% of the time.

It's easy to fix - have our store update on the Tuesday as well.. except then due to time differences we would be updated first which would also be a problem no doubt.

Would be awesome if it was Oddworld / Octodad / DriveClub PS+ Edition for October

Even Rogue Legacy would get me excited. Love that game, just haven't grabbed it for PS4 yet.

OlliOlli had just a sale for 4.40€ for all versions (you get PS3,PS4 and PSV version) so i don't think that it will be this month. Maybe in 3-4.

they had a sale in NA for Dragon's crown for $20, then the following week it was a PS+ freebie. At least in NA, this year almost every Vita game that has gone free was on sale a few weeks before. It's been real annoying, and it has stopped me from picking up games on sale because I don't want to get burned again.

Fair enough. What about an article or video about publishing the first wed of the month?

I don't even really care that much about the games, they've been mostly disappointing on PS4 (apart from Resogun). It's more about the principle, how we pay a monthly sub and we don't get our due on time because the US would be unhappy, despite the fact we get the later store updates 99% of the time.

It's easy to fix - have our store update on the Tuesday as well.. except then due to time differences we would be updated first which would also be a problem no doubt.

In regards to the Plus games coming this week or next, is it really that big a deal? We got the games on the 2nd (US) and 3rd (EU) for September, and now we're getting them a bit later for October. It generally balances out, and is hardly a reason for outrage. You're not getting fewer games or anything.

And if you're going to try and start some shitty movement based on this issue, I doubt you're going to gain any traction. People are saying you should chill, because you really should.

I won't even delve too deep into your quality complaint, because it's really just wrong. You personally might not enjoy games like Velocity 2X or Sportsfriends, but many others do.

Even Rogue Legacy would get me excited. Love that game, just haven't grabbed it for PS4 yet.

Rogue Legacy would make me so extremely happy.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-june-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-pixeljunk-2/

Since we’ve seen how excited many of you are to download Instant Game Collection titles as soon as they’re available, we’ve decided to adjust the length of time each title will be available. Starting in July, every title in the Instant Game Collection will be available the first Wednesday of the month, and will be free for that month, until the first Wednesday of the following month.

So very misleading. As someone has said, it doesn't change what you get - but it does matter for those with lapsing subscriptions or those managing subscriptions in terms of when to activate etc for maximum play time on two months etc.

In regards to the Plus games coming this week or next, is it really that big a deal? We got the games on the 2nd (US) and 3rd (EU) for September, and now we're getting them a bit later for October. It generally balances out, and is hardly a reason for outrage. You're not getting fewer games or anything.
And if you're going to try and start some shitty movement based on this issue, I doubt you're going to gain any traction. People are saying you should chill, because you really should. .

I'm not trying to start a 'shitty movement'. I just find it weird that we pay for a service yet everyone acts like Sony is doing us a favour. Sony can do no wrong, it would seem, which is something I disagree with because their communication is terrible.

With the obvious exception of Drive Club, why are the games late? When is the system update launching? What does the system update even include?

Also, "shitty movement" - really? I really don't like your tone.

But I do like your avatar.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am hoping this is the month we finally get our first AAA title offered on PS Plus.

I can see Assassins Creed IV and Battlefield 4 being prime candidates given that they have sequels coming next month.

Isn't Rogue Legacy crossbuy?

I have it on the PC.

I am hoping this is the month we finally get our first AAA title offered on PS Plus.

I can see Assassins Creed IV and Battlefield 4 being prime candidates given that they have sequels coming next month.

Nah, DriveClub's very large demo version will be free. So there is that.

I would think December maybe since the releases that month are pretty slim

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/05/29/playstation-plus-june-nba-2k14-dragons-crown-pixeljunk-2/

So very misleading. As someone has said, it doesn't change what you get - but it does matter for those with lapsing subscriptions or those managing subscriptions in terms of when to activate etc for maximum play time on two months etc.

Exactly.

It's really basic stuff. Company offers customer service with terms in exchange for cash. If customer doesn't give cash, service ends. But if company doesn't keep their end of the bargain, it's ok because they're doing us a favour.

#shittymovement

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have it on the PC.

Nah, DriveClub's very large demo version will be free. So there is that.

I would think December maybe since the releases that month are pretty slim

Ill be extremely disappointed if that ends up being the case, but you are probably 100% correct.

That'll probably be in November if they do it this year. They could advertise you get 2 free games for the holiday rush

m@cross

I'm not trying to start a 'shitty movement'. I just find it weird that we pay for a service yet everyone acts like Sony is doing us a favour. Sony can do no wrong, it would seem, which is something I disagree with because their communication is terrible.

With the obvious exception of Drive Club, why are the games late? When is the system update launching? What does the system update even include?

Pretty sure some people simply feel that $40-$60 a year for all you get with plus is an absurdly great value and bitching about when they officially announce the monthly free games looks petty as shit in comparison.

Could they communicate better, absolutely. They have their reasons for the later announcement though I am sure, and it is far more likely it relates to contractual agreements and negotiations to get you that content more than anything else.

I do think by now they should have at least given a status update on the OS upgrade, even if they still are working on it and have no news to announce, saying we are still working on it and hope to have details in x weeks is better than nothing.

Withnail

Obviously when they said first Wednesday of the month they didn't think it through properly. They meant the day after the first Tuesday of the month.

Could see this coming a long way off.

But the intention was to synchronise with NA and I think that's a good thing.

jcm

Im curious as to how this thread differentiates from the PSN monthly threads, seeing how the OP hasn't been updated since January.

I forgot I subscribed to this one as its only been bumped every couple of days.

The PSN monthly threads are too chatty. This thread is useful if you just want the news about plus, without lots of discussion of PSN games.

bah, back in the closet until tomorrow I go...

Dt3ZtAmrsVxGU.gif

Sorry, 'shitty' may have been a bit harsh. I just am of the opinion that digging up articles and ToS blurbs to initiate some push-back against something like this is quite misguided. There are many reasons to time the EU and US offerings together. It might be mildly annoying, but it makes sense.

And a lot of us enjoy PS Plus as a service, but can still agree that Sony makes plenty of mistakes. The two aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, I also think that the system updates for the PS4 have been severely lacking.

Sorry, 'shitty' may have been a bit harsh. I just am of the opinion that digging up articles and ToS blurbs to initiate some push-back against something like this is quite misguided. There are many reasons to time the EU and US offerings together. It might be mildly annoying, but it makes sense.

And a lot of us enjoy PS Plus as a service, but can still agree that Sony makes plenty of mistakes. The two aren't mutually exclusive. In fact, I also think that the system updates for the PS4 have been severely lacking.

After getting some fresh air for the first time in hours, I realise that I was being a bit of a prick, sorry I snapped back. I would prefer it if you and i were......

buddies.

JoshHood

OlliOlli, Luftrausers, and Entwined are all in the current sale.

Very unlikely they'll be coming to Plus right now.

Spelunky seems certain & Mass Effect has a good chance for PS3.

Which Mass Effect? 3 has already been on Plus, and it seems unlikely they'd give us a years-older game in the same series.

When do we get to know the game list for PS Plus?

The quality has already started to go down and I think it will eventually be exclusively PSN titles barring Christmas specials.

LakeEarth

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
We're already getting Driveclub this month... I think chances are high the other two games will be indies.

Driveclub was supposed to be an additional title, not counting towards the other plus releases (I think)

FDC1

Driveclub was supposed to be an additional title, not counting towards the other plus releases (I think)

yes, that's the case, but what he's saying is with Driveclub's release, we doubt they'll put another big name aside of it, they don't want to have another game stealing the spotlight this month. But it's pure speculation of course.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
yes, that's the case, but what he's saying is with Driveclub's release, we doubt they'll put another big name aside of it, they don't want to have another game stealing the spotlight this month. But it's pure speculation of course.

Oh okay - yeah, that makes sense.

Top Bottom