• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

BibiMaghoo

Abe would be great. Would actually save me some money on something I wanted. Alas it won't happen just yet.

It will, please god

EDIT: whoops, wrong thread, haha
Yes, quite.
Huh, whatcha talkin bout! I never said nothin'! :)

I am super excited to hear about the PS+ stuff this month. I honestly have no real expectations about what I want. My PS3 and Vita are both loaded with PS+ games that I still need to play!

I think Fez might be next on my play list.

Toki767

I feel like Battlefield 4 (PS3) and Ground Zeroes (PS3) are on the roster. PS4 wise, probably Octodad.

Ground Zeroes is currently on sale, so probably not going to happen.

Also Battlefield 4 on PS3 just got a PS+ full game trial so also probably not going to happen.

Ikon

I'd take anything except Octodad really.

Any guesses on how much longer before we get a proper PS4 game with PS+?

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
We'll probably end up getting some crud shovelware like The Last of Us Remastered and Wolfenstein: The New Order. Don't get your hopes up.

I wish...

Hasney

Octodad is fantastic, you mere mortals just be happy to be graced with such a game in this fine month.

Not sure what I want PS4-wise, think I've bought almost everything I want.

EDIT: Golf club would be nice actually, but not a chance.

Klart

All of you seem to be forgetting majik's posts (he was right last month!)

The PS4 PS+ games for Oct.

Drive Club , plus 2 indie games. well recieved but older indie games. Havent played either myself.

So.....Sound Shapes and Journey will be coming to PS+ alongside DriveClub?

i would think more along the lines of 2D/2.5D

Are those already released on PS4?

no. Other platforms, yes.

PS3 is an older, first in the series of a popular AAA IP. Not really familiar with the other game, other than its old license.

He also said that there were some good guesses between Spelunky, Olli Olli and 1001 Spikes for PS4 and Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect & Dragon Quest Origins for PS3.

So no OlliOlli or 1001 Spikes as they are out already on PS4. Spelunky seems a certainty.

So it looks like

PS4

- DriveClub Plus Edition
- Spelunky (Cross Buy)
- a 2D/2.5D indie that's out on other platforms, but not yet on PS4 (maybe Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy))

PS3

- 1st in a AAA franchise: Mass Effect or Arkham Asylum
- old license

PSVITA

- no idea, some rumours about Injustice
- no idea

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

He also said that there were some good guesses between Spelunky, Olli Olli and 1001 Spikes for PS4 and Arkham Asylum, Mass Effect & Dragon Quest Origins for PS3.

So no OlliOlli or 1001 Spikes as they are out already on PS4. Spelunky seems a certainty.

So it looks like

PS4

- DriveClub Plus Edition
- Spelunky (Cross Buy)
- a 2D/2.5D indie that's out on other platforms, but not yet on PS4 (maybe Thomas Was Alone (Cross Buy))

PS3

- 1st in a AAA franchise: Mass Effect or Arkham Asylum
- old license

PSVITA

- no idea, some rumours about Injustice
- no idea
It cant be Thomas Was Alone as that has already been on Plus. I hope Injustice Vita is right.

FDC1

Sure it can. It's been on PS3/Vita a year and a half ago, not on PS4. It would not be received very well for that reason, but it can.

What's the point ? PS3/Vita owners (including PS+ members) will get the PS4 version by defaut as it's cross-buy. They never counted a late port of a cross-buy game offered on PS+ as part of the update (see Don't Starve recently by exemple).

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Sure it can. It's been on PS3/Vita a year and a half ago, not on PS4. It would not be received very well for that reason, but it can.
It's cross buy. Longtime Plus subscribers will have the game on PS4 day 1 anyway. They would never screw those customers over by giving them a game they already have. If it wasn't cross buy you might have a point, but it is and they're not going to screw over their customers like that.

GeoramA

spelunky, fix the cat, octodad. I think two of these three will be given.
Spelunky will be free for everyone who bought it on Vita and PS3, so I'm not too sure about that. Octodad has been rumored for a while, so I can see that happening.

Pix The Cat, Ray's The Dead, or N++ (indies we've heard about lately) are good candidates too.

My dumb prediction
PS3 is an older, first in the series of a popular AAA IP. Not really familiar with the other game, other than its old license.
Surprise download version release of Final Fantasy XIII, calling it now!
..and probably Bionic Commando Rearmed.

I really hope it is Spelunky for PS4. I'd stream that all night.

VLiberty

BUT: 1001 Spikes isn't out in europe on consoles, just steam. If he's from europe, he could see 1001 Spikes as an old game released on PS4. That said, I highly doubt that 1001 Spikes is coming next week in europe...

Also, I wouldn't rule Dragon Age Origins out. The user he quoted misspelled the name, but if he knows about the game then he might have understood what the user was referring to.

kamandi

Spelunky will be free for everyone who bought it on Vita and PS3, so I'm not too sure about that. Octodad has been rumored for a while, so I can see that happening.

Pix The Cat, Ray's The Dead, or N++ (indies we've heard about lately) are good candidates too.

Hmm, i didn't know that, glad to hear this. I never liked spelunky.

After getting some fresh air for the first time in hours, I realise that I was being a bit of a prick, sorry I snapped back. I would prefer it if you and i were......

buddies.

GjFnMn8.gif

No worries, I was definitely being a bit of a dumbass also. Here's to hoping for a good selection of Plus games announced today though.

Busty

Banned
What is this Battlefield 4 "game trial" that's apparently happening on PSN this week? All I'm interested in is playing the single player campaign to be honest.

Does this mean that I could download the BF4 campaign from PSN and play it for free?

Am I getting that right?

I'm not am I?

What is this Battlefield 4 "game trial" that's apparently happening on PSN this week? All I'm interested in is playing the single player campaign to be honest.

Does this mean that I could download the BF4 campaign from PSN and play it for free?

Am I getting that right?

I'm not am I?

I think so, the trial is 168 hours free, then it blocks. Don't know if it applies for the campaign

Ys+KZ Vita, AC4+DC+TR PS4 let's go!

It's kinda sad I don't personally care much about PS3 offerings anymore. Used to really look foreward to them but can't be bothered to hook the old beast to my monitor and sound systems much anymore.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer

It's kinda sad I don't personally care much about PS3 offerings anymore. Used to really look foreward to them but can't be bothered to hook the old beast to my monitor and sound systems much anymore.

I just bought and played Motorstorm Apocalypse a couple of days ago.

Still awesome. I keep both systems hooked up.

I just bought and played Motorstorm Apocalypse a couple of days ago.

Still awesome. I keep both systems hooked up.
My problem is that I use my PC monitor for all gaming. It doesn't have a headphone jack so I need to output sound via different cables and use adapters and shit to actually get sound to my headphones and it's just a big hasstle. With PS4 it's super easy since I can just hook my headphones to the DS4.

Does bluetooth headphones even work on PS3? Maybe I could try out gettin one of those.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
My problem is that I use my PC monitor for all gaming. It doesn't have a headphone jack so I need to output sound via different cables and use adapters and shit to actually get sound to my headphones and it's just a big hasstle. With PS4 it's super easy since I can just hook my headphones to the DS4.

Does bluetooth headphones even work on PS3? Maybe I could try out gettin one of those.

The only wiereless headphones that will work for both PS3 and PS4 are the pulse and the wireless gold headsets I believe. The PS3 only outputs chat audio via bluetooth for other headsets.

It’s the same for me too, I used to love all the great games we would get with PS+ for PS3 but now the only reason I use the console is to either watch US Netflix since I have that set up on it or to stream content from my PC.

Once streaming comes to PS4 Im willing to bet the PS3 will probably only get used by my wife as she loves Netflix in the mornings and has run the UK version dry.

Top Bottom