• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Hey guys I found this at a Romanian forum

9x1bqfC.png

I concede I'll look a dick if it's legit.

Celegus

I was turned off by the character art, too. Then I played the game for a bit. Amazing. Pretty sure it was the last 360 game I completed.

I only played a bit of it on PC, so I'll probably just wait until I get a PS4 to actually get into it. It seemed pretty good though, just got distracted by other things. Spelunky is one of the best games of the gen, but I've already played it to death.

Phear

Played both Dust and Spelunky alot on PC already, so nothing here for me, but i don't care. October is so full of AAA Titles, there is no time for PS+ Indies :D Still a good Lineup. I'm a little excited for Pix the Cat.

Tratorn

Wow, really nice month. Besides maybe the Pix game (never heared or saw something about that) these are all good games.

Cmagus

Dude Pix the cat looks fucking AWESOME

I never even heard of this shit before now. I know what I'm playing first then!

The whole Arkedo series these guys have done are fantastic games. I know a lot of people will turn their nose up at games like this but they are really enjoyable and addicting.

This looks like a pretty good month again for me. I have Spelunky on PC but would like it on console, Dust looks pretty cool,not normally a game I'd buy but I'm willing to try it. Pix the Cat is a for sure.

Fireblend

Banned
Wow, really nice month. Besides maybe the Pix game (never heared or saw something about that) these are all good games.

Honestly the more I look into Pix the Cat the more excited I get. If we don't get it this month I'll be pretty damn tempted to buy it anyway
KuGsj.gif
it really does look like Chu Chu Rocket and Pacman's bastard child.

Edit:
I hope Pix the Cat is on American PS+ and not just UK PS+. That shit looks so hot. I'll buy it otherwise.

Haha, pretty much what I said.

IF TRUE I own Spelunky and Batman (though not digital, so that's nice bonus) but I can't really complain. I've wanted to try Dust, and anyway I have so many old PS+ games that I need to play through that a quiet month isn't the end of the world. Plus I get to try the D&D and Pix games, which, whatever, I'll happily give a go.

Dantis

are you not paying 50 dollars a year for plus? Because I find it highly unlikely you can find all 6 of these titles for 4 dollars., even on PC.

As Ive said before, the contrast between the GwG thread and these ones is stark and a bit worrying.

there are at 5 good games here regardless if you own them or not. + the extended Drive club and 7 week battlefield demos.

and only in a PS+ thread is getting an old but good game a bad thing because you have already been given the sequel. especially considering the bulk of plus games are actually older. The attitude in these threads is bloody amazing.

I'm paying £40 a year for Plus, actually, which is $65, but that's besides the point. You can't add up the price of the games and compare it to a month of Plus and then say "You can't get all these games for $5" because they're not games that I would otherwise buy. (And that's assuming that I have all three consoles. For each console you don't own, the value drops significantly.)

I'm paying for Plus because I expect to get content which is worth my while, and the last two months have definitely not delivered it.

Petrie

Banned
I'm not so sure. Usually indies are very light to run, and basically anyone with a low end desktop/notebook can play them. HumbleBundle and Steam sales are very popular, I have at least three friends not into PC gaming that buy indie games they are interested on Steam or Humble when in sale, despite having a console as they favourite gaming device.

Yes, and you likely run in a circle of somewhat hardcore friends, and I'd bet many of them never even bother to boot up those games, just hoarding them like many even here seem to.

It's just an absurd idea that because you got an indie for $2.50 on Steam sale that somehow makes it a bad offering for a service like PS+. Can't wait to get some Spelunky on the big screen.

hawk2025

Let the infuriating monthly PS+ posts begin.

I refuse to engage this time after last month's pathetic reaction by a surprisingly large part of the community.

Amir0x

Banned

I refuse to engage this time after last month's pathetic reaction by a surprisingly large part of the community.

it's been a sad reflection of a huge part of the gaming community for a while, their reaction to indies. treating indies like their less of a game or some shit, or that they're somehow poorer quality. even though so many of the indies we've been getting are amongst the best games in their respective years

It's fucking regressive behavior that needs to be stopped.

Kssio_Aug

Even if it becomes a bad line up, I'm ok because DriveClub!
But seriously, other then DriveClub I really doubt I will get anything that interest me on PS4 or PS Vita, since it may be one more indie month (I like indie games, but the most interesting released titles are already out by now). I would be happy with Persona 3, Final Fantasy Dissidia or Disgaea 3 for Vita though
and yeah, I know it wont happen

it's been a sad reflection of a huge part of the gaming community for a while, their reaction to indies. treating indies like their less of a game or some shit, or that they're somehow poorer quality. even though so many of the indies we've been getting are amongst the best games in their respective years

The indies are great, but there has been a drop in AAA games, that's the thing that annoys. Last year there were a lot of AAA games, good games.

Luckyly I have a Vita, and I can enjoy indies, but there is a lack of PS+ games for the PS3. As for PS4, the only two games I'm looking foward for when I have that console is Resogun and Strider. The rest of them I can either play it on Vita or don't care...

]I'm paying £40 a year for Plus[/B], actually, which is $65, but that's besides the point. You can't add up the price of the games and compare it to a month of Plus and then say "You can't get all these games for $5" because they're not games that I would otherwise buy. (And that's assuming that I have all three consoles. For each console you don't own, the value drops significantly.)

I'm paying for Plus because I expect to get content which is worth my while, and the last two months have definitely not delivered it.

which is actually worse because you damn well know that these games are not "low value" compared to their used and digital versions.

And whether or not you feel you feel you shouldn't directly compare, The comparison is there and it is real. Even the most basic rental service is 10 quid a month, so "games you wouldn't otherwise buy" doesn't hold weight there either.

I will accept that if you don't own all 3 machines, the Plus has lost alot of value for some people, but the only alternative would to have a tiered PS+ for each device and I cant think of a way where that would work without the cost rising.

The fact is you are getting 8 games a month for less than £3.50, and thats if you pay full price for plus which many dont.

If you don't like the games that is your opinion and understandable but Its hard to complain about value when you can't even get 8 games of mobile shovelware for that price, unless you count humble bundles and that is even more random in quality and value.

Fireblend

Banned

People really like building-climbing mechanics.

I'm going to call it now; we're not going to see retail PS4 games period. It's going to be strictly indie titles every month.

I doubt that. Sony just need to build up a sufficient backlog before it makes sense to start giving away retail releases. I imagine it will start happening early-mid next year, and the first will be Knack, probably followed soon after by Killzone.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I kinda stopped caring about what games get added to PSplus, my backlog is fucking huge and that's considering i only have a PS3, With that said if they offer some of the games i have bought during sales recently to the psplus offering i would be pissed.

Drayco21

If that's really our month, I'll be really bummed. Again. Guess Spelunky will be worth a shot on Vita, and I'll try to stomach the art to get through Dust.

RK128

I don't get the anger toward indie games either :l. Some of the best games I've ever played have been indie games (Guacamelee and SteamWorld Dig come to mind :D), so I just don't get the hate surrounding them :(.

So what they are downloadable games and are cheaper compared to the 'AAA' games, they are a hell of a lot better then the majority of them anyway :l.

At least Sony sees the quality and talent these games have, giving them home on their platforms and push them with landing on PS+ :).

Amir0x

Banned
The indies are great, but there has been a drop in AAA games, that's the thing that annoys. Last year there were a lot of AAA games, good games.

Luckyly I have a Vita, and I can enjoy indies, but there is a lack of PS+ games for the PS3. As for PS4, the only two games I'm looking foward for when I have that console is Resogun and Strider. The rest of them I can either play it on Vita or don't care...

just treat them all like just games and it won't matter. I don't care what the damn budget it is on a game. is it good? yes? awesome!

The "drop" in AAAs is expected for PS4 in its first year; but PS3 has been getting AAAs so I don't know what you're talking about on that score.

You're late, it has already begun.
Hey guys I found this at a Romanian forum

9x1bqfC.png

I concede I'll look a dick if it's legit.
Wtf is this shit? I don't like those overrated Souls games, why would I want a new one with slightly different textures? Also, what kind of game is this Alien - you can't even shoot it, and Predators are nowhere to be seen! Also, AssRogue - why would I want that? I've played Black Flag already. Got South Park on PC for couple of bucks, and now Sony puts it on Plus, thinking that it's good value? LOL! Won't even comment on those shitty Japanese games for Vita.
/s
Oh man, writing that was exhausting, I wonder how you people can do it every month.

You're late, it has already begun.

Wtf is this shit? I don't like those overrated Souls games, why would I want a new one with slightly different textures? Also, what kind of game is this Alien - you can't even shoot it, and Predators are nowhere to be seen! Also, AssRogue - why would I want that? I've played Black Flag already. Got South Park on PC for couple of bucks, and now Sony puts it on Plus, thinking that it's good value? LOL! Won't even comment on those shitty Japanese games for Vita.
/s
Oh man, writing that was exhausting, I wonder how you people can do it every month.

100% accurate. I can't believe I read these threads.

Every month is bad, but last month the reaction was comically bad. It was pretty disappointing to see, because it reveals a lot about the games community (even somewhere like GAF).

So I'm in the same boat as you - it's not worth even trying to debate some of the more inflammatory comments. I'm just going to pop in the thread to see the lineup, and then stay away from it for at least a week. It's too aggravating otherwise.

Top Bottom