• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

Withnail

The timing is US-centric, unfortunately... when the 1st falls on a Wednesday, that means that the first Tuesday is the 7th and we have to wait another week in Europe. :(

Nobody is waiting an extra week. The whole point of the current scheme is that everybody gets the games for the same amount of time. If EU got the April games this week then we would be waiting an extra week for the May ones.

The mistake made by SCEE was saying it would be the first Wednesday of the month, when what they meant was the first Tuesday-Wednesday of the month.

mclem

The mistake made by SCEE was saying it would be the first Wednesday of the month, when what they meant was the first Tuesday-Wednesday of the month.

I think I've seen another company (possibly Blizzard) phrase it as "The Wednesday after the first Tuesday of the month"

JoshHood

The only thing against The Last of Us PS3 version being a PS+ game is that the base PS3 version is not in the EU store anymore. It only has the Game of the Year Edition with Left Behind, Grounded Mode, and the multiplayer stuff.

There is no GotY PS3 version in the NA store and I'm doubting both regions will release different versions, unless NA store gives out the above add-ons for free as well.

It'd also be weird for the game to go free on PS3, when it's a 'value added' bundle in with all PS4s in the US.

Hexa

I don't understand what you mean. You want every IGC game to be a new release? You think that's reasonable?

Shit. Typo. Meant PS4. Like I don't want games that already have upgraded versions on PS4 on PS3 IGC because I'd rather pay money to pay the better versions than the free PS3 versions so they're pretty much useless to me.

xrnzaaas

Shit. Typo. Meant PS4. Like I don't want games that already have upgraded versions on PS4 on PS3 IGC because I'd rather pay money to pay the better versions than the free PS3 versions so they're pretty much useless to me.

Well, not everyone has switched to PS4. I have a lot of friends with PS+ that still own only a PS3 and they're not complaining about not being able to play the rest of the games from the monthly lineup. TLoU imo would be a nice gesture from Sony. Plus I think many people have the game as physical copies and with the PS+ release you can switch to digital and conserve your Bluray drive. :)

foxbeldin

KNACK WHEN?

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

Percy

Banned
TLOU would be a great game to put on Plus... not for me though, as I find the PS3 version extremely difficult to play now I've been through the PS4 one a couple of times.

v1ncelis

My membership expired a couple weeks ago but if
Knack
will be announced as PS+ game I will renew it immediately. Jokes aside have we ever got a PS2 or PSone classic on either Vita or PS3?

Hellraider

You know what's another game that's probably coming sooner rather than later?MGS4. Konami recently released a PSN version. They'll probably try to get as much as they can from it and then put it up on IGC.

Same thing happened with Yakuza 4.

Cade

Yessss. KZM was one I've been hoping for for a long time. Never Alone just came out a couple months ago, right? Very good.

MikeyB

At this point, I'm going to have to renew PS Plus in 2016 to play the titles from late 2014.

Yeesh. I can cut my game budget to $60/year at this rate.

dugdug

Banned
Monsterbag? Aaru's Awakening?

I mean, I'll take 'em, but, this has been a weird trend in PS+ lately. Games that come out of absolutely nowhere (Hungry Horde, Kick and Fennick, Final Horizon) and are free day one. No PR, hype, trailers, or anything.

Top Bottom