• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

olimpia84

Hey guys, I'm planning on going to buy the PSN+ card at best buy right now cause it's on sale.

Do I have to use the code on the back immediately after I bought it?

Because I just wanna buy it and wait for the ps4 to come out so I can use it.

I have no need for it right now and I don't wanna enter the code now and waste a month of it.

Does the code on the back ever expire? Or does it have like a redeem period? Like you have to redeem within a month of purchase.

You can wait and use the code when the PS4 comes out with no problem.

Shadownet

Banned
You can wait and use the code when the PS4 comes out with no problem.

You're 100% sure it doesn't expire within a month? If not. That's awesome! Thanks man.

I've been worry about that. I wanted to get a PSN but I didn't wanna waste the month when I'm not using it.

olimpia84

You're 100% sure it doesn't expire within a month? If not. That's awesome! Thanks man.

I've been worry about that. I wanted to get a PSN but I didn't wanna waste the month when I'm not using it.

I'm not 100% sure but I've read many people usually stock up on PS+ codes when they're on sale. Maybe somebody else can confirm this.

khaaan

Oh man, I had no idea Tokobots was up on PSN.
It's a great game that gave me some great PSX vibes because you don't really see a whole lot of games like it anymore. That's $10 towards the $50 =)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Is EU PS+ worse than NA PS+ in any way?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is EU PS+ worse than NA PS+ in any way?

God no

EU PS+ triumphs on monthly gets almost every god time
Also EU does it in bulk, take everything start of the month, wait till next

NA is weekly making you wait
Sometimes a good game is placed at the end of the month and the start of next month and the overlap most of the time hinders people progression on the first

Number45

Yup, sales on the US scheme are streets ahead of those we get. The EU sales seldom convince me to pick up a game that I wasn't planning on buying at full price already.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks guys.

Some guy told me that if I register PS+ on my PS3, it won't actually transfer to my PS4 once it arrives. Obviously bullshit, right?

Yoshichan

Bullshit. PS+ subscriptions are not tied to your hardware, there's nothing to transfer.
Thought so as well. Do we have a list of games/stuff-in-general that we'll be getting on PS4 launch (PS+ related, of course)?

Mesoian

I found this to be unnervingly charming.

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/10/04/70905.html

424126.jpg

Lemstar

Now that the EU PS+ free 1 month trials seem to be gone, what's the cheapest way of getting a trial code?

Buying from US PSN is still better since you get $10 back =P
You don't think that spending $40 is preferable to spending $50 and getting $10 in play money back?

(Admittedly, if you buy PSN credit at market prices, you'd save an extra $5 buying it from the online store, but I doubt most people do that.)

So is anyone getting corrupted downloads from SotC?

I download 6000mb worth of game files, but the installation would fail midway.

Is this a common error?

The PS+ free section in the Japanese store updated. These are the new free games:

Alex Kidd in Miracle World for PS3
Zombie Driver HD for PS3
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas for PS3
探偵 神宮寺三郎 灰とダイヤモンド for PSP, don't know title
Aldynes for PC Engine
[改造町人シュビビンマン3 for PC Engine, don't know title
DJ Technika Tune for Vita
Nikoli Shikaku V for Vita
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R for Vita

Gambit

Quick question for the experts:

I seem to remember that if you pay for anything while signed on to PS Plus, you get to keep that game even after you are no longer a PS Plus member. Is that still the case?

And how far does that go? For example, MGS Revengeance will be on PS Plus in Europe soon. If I download the game and buy some DLC (a costume or so) for it, does that mean I get to keep the game?

Number45

I seem to remember that if you pay for anything while signed on to PS Plus, you get to keep that game even after you are no longer a PS Plus member. Is that still the case?
Yes, if you pay you get to keep it.

And how far does that go? For example, MGS Revengeance will be on PS Plus in Europe soon. If I download the game and buy some DLC (a costume or so) for it, does that mean I get to keep the game?
No. You'd get to keep the DLC, but the game would become unavailable if you let your PS+ subscription expire.

The PS+ free section in the Japanese store updated. These are the new free games:

Zombie Driver HD for PS3
Aldynes for PC Engine

Thanks a lot for the update. I'll go get them right now (yes, I have a PS+ account for all three regions).

Zombie Driver HD for PS3
Aldynes for PC Engine

There's also a 15 day trial available again http://translate.google.co.uk/trans...dbox=0&usg=ALkJrhhKD0GxmjjED4yO6dGEo9qhBmhwoQ

Tizoc

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL TELLTALE!?

Whenever a short dialog cutscene is about to start the damn game just HANGS and the audio stutters, how can a small game with simple 3D animation end up like this?

Kerned

Banned

Whenever a short dialog cutscene is about to start the damn game just HANGS and the audio stutters, how can a small game with simple 3D animation end up like this?

Telltale definitely seems to have certain weaknesses. The Walking Dead wasn't exactly a technical showpiece either.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

TT games running like shit? Shocked, I am.

Eanan

New to PS plus (getting a ps3 soon) so wondering what happens if I download the free games during a months trial, what happens when that month is up? Do the games just not load or automatically delete themselves off your hard drive?

kiyomi

New to PS plus (getting a ps3 soon) so wondering what happens if I download the free games during a months trial, what happens when that month is up? Do the games just not load or automatically delete themselves off your hard drive?

Information is in the OP :)

Your free games won't disappear if your subscription runs out, however you cannot play them anymore. If you subscribe again you get access to ALL your PS+ content!
PS+ content is available for a limited time, varying from 1 to 3 months, some stay in the Store for a whole year. You can put these in your Download List and they're yours as long as your subscription is active.

Ifrit

They will be on your hard drive, but they won't load (it will appear a message telling that the content has expired/not available or something like that).

But, if you renew your subscription, even if it had already ran out previously, you'll regain access to those games.

Nakazato

So if I buy 50 dollars worth of psn card i will get the +10 right ? got 30 dollars in GC and ill go buy 20 more worth when i get paid.

_woLf

It seems to be more with the game auto-saving all the time. Literally every single time it says "Saving..." in the corner it locks up.

It's a piece of garbage. I'm so glad I didn't buy the game when it launched.

Guys, does Hotline Miami have the crossbuy thing? I mean, if I buy the PS3 version do I get the Vita version as well or do I have to buy it twice?

I'm going to buy a Vita today and get a 3-months subscription to begin with, I didn't care a lot about PS Plus when it was released at first, but now I can see how good it is.

Top Bottom