• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

I'm really debating on purchasing a year subscription...everything looks so good, but I feel that I should watch my money.

But, man, it looks like a good deal. I think I might as well buy it, because the PS4 requires it for online... opinions?

Well, I suppose if you're getting a PS4 and want to play non-F2P games online, you're kind of forced into it.

But I personally have not regretted PS Plus once since I started subscribing. The amount of games you get is amazing, especially since you can accumulate games for a system you do not own (I added the Vita games to my account when I did not have one, by the time I bought a Vita I had around 20 games to play straight off).

If money is tight, maybe you should buy a 3 month subscription? The value per month takes a hit, but it'll give you an idea of whether it is worth it or not, and get you into next year.

EDIT: ^ Or what Killthee said, I had no idea of those deals.

haikira

I can't wait for my Metal Gear Rising. Already completed it on the 360 and it's one of my favourites of the year, but I'm giving my 360 away to family soon and was planing to repurchase it for the PS3. So this is very handy for me.

This is slightly off topic from Plus, but this was the best thread I could find and it certainly wasn't worthy of it's own thread.

If I have two PSN accounts, the older of the two I purchased Resident Evil 4 HD with a long time ago. If I download it, but play it on the newer account of the two, are there any ramifications at all? For the record, I'm not cryptically asking about account sharing, I legitimately do own both accounts.

As far as I know there are no ramifications. If it was simply not allowed, I doubt Sony would give us the option to play like that in the first place, doesn't seem like something that would be hard to restrict. Your situation happened to me a bit when I switched different PSN accounts, the prior one having game purchases which I still played on my new account.

haikira

As far as I know there are no ramifications. If it was simply not allowed, I doubt Sony would give us the option to play like that in the first place, doesn't seem like something that would be hard to restrict. Your situation happened to me a bit when I switched different PSN accounts, the prior one having game purchases which I still played on my new account.

Found a more relevant thread and threw my question there. But cheers for answering also, as I've now had two people say it's fine.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I want to buy Okami HD but that was free on EU PS+ last April. Why isn't it free in the US? Man, what if it is free next month. Hmm.

Jubern

A lot of people play they games they purchased on a foreign PS Store on their (other) main account, which is more or less the same as what you're asking.

Been doing that forever, since it even works for DLC (any DLC I bought for one of my JP games works perfectly even if I play the game on my EU account).

Roto13

I want to buy Okami HD but that was free on EU PS+ last April. Why isn't it free in the US? Man, what if it is free next month. Hmm.

Don't count on it. It's on sale right now so just go for it. It's an excellent remaster of an excellent game.

Redhood

Hey guys any tips to increase the expiration date of games on the vita. I just renewed my ps subscription and the games are still showing the old dates.

Hey guys any tips to increase the expiration date of games on the vita. I just renewed my ps subscription and the games are still showing the old dates.

Had to renew a few weeks ago. I think it''s meant to extend your renewal date of installed games once you actually enter and try to play them. Or if you click download and then cancel if the aforementioned trick doesn't work.

I think what I did was reboot my Vita and sign in and out of my PSN account. Also tried enabling/disabling the auto saved data upload option. Anything to make it acknowledge the update in subscription status really.

If you just did it, it may take a few minutes to apply. Just play around with it until it works.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Regarding the Gamestop Black Friday sale

Does anyone know if we will be able to buy it online? Would hate to have to brave the crowds.

Violater

Regarding the Gamestop Black Friday sale

Does anyone know if we will be able to buy it online? Would hate to have to brave the crowds.

Man was thinking the same thing, that should sell out pretty fast as well.
LLShC.gif

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Don't count on it. It's on sale right now so just go for it. It's an excellent remaster of an excellent game.
Yeah, I caved. Figured it was only $7 so what the hell. Starting up Okami!

~~Hasan~~

i have a question.

does anyone have a link where i can login to playstation network from my pc and download from there?

i remember something like that before but i cant find the link anymore.

Thanks in advance.

Bboy AJ

Ugh, I hate it when I just can't play a game. Booted up Okami, now sitting through a half hour of slow, unskippable text.

Finally started Infamous 2 last night. Been sitting in my Plus collection untouched. Didn't finish the first one, but am looking forward to Second Son, so I thought I'd give it a try. The graphical leap from 1 to 2 is huge.

Ocaso

Ugh, I hate it when I just can't play a game. Booted up Okami, now sitting through a half hour of slow, unskippable text.

You and me both. I'm not sure how I tolerated it on the PS2 the first time around, and it's a damn shame they left it untouched.

On a positive note, I'm enjoying Poker Night way too damn much. A real surprise for me.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
You and me both. I'm not sure how I tolerated it on the PS2 the first time around, and it's a damn shame they left it untouched.

On a positive note, I'm enjoying Poker Night way too damn much. A real surprise for me.

I just wish the PS3 version of Poker Night 2 didn't run like shit. =/

Bboy AJ

I wish someone had told me about the text. I wouldn't have bought it had I known. Ugh.

Dragon

Banned
I wish someone had told me about the text. I wouldn't have bought it had I known. Ugh.

There's a reason it's compared to Zelda, there are a ton of fetch quests which turned me off from ever playing the game again.

Wow, Poker Night 2 is a mess. It's like a glitchy slideshow. Is there any way to stop it from saving after every action?

You have two options:

1. Don't play it ever again.
2. Don't play it until they patch it.

Most likely these two options are really one option since they haven't bothered to fix it up til now.

Tizoc

You have two options:

1. Don't play it ever again.
2. Don't play it until they patch it.

Most likely these two options are really one option since they haven't bothered to fix it up til now.

Or get the game when it's on sale on Steam.

Manus

Coming from a huge Zelda fan I'm loving Okami. Yeah it took a bit to get started, but now three hours in and it has picked up quite nicely. It's a beautiful game.

Ifrit

Coming from a huge Zelda fan I'm loving Okami. Yeah it took a bit to get started, but now three hours in and it has picked up quite nicely. It's a beautiful game.

You're in for a long and fun ride my friend, definitely one of the best games last gen and on par (or maybe even surpasing) any Zelda game. You can also enjoy some of the best overworld music ever put on a game

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Quick question on when PS+ runs out. Do I get prompted, or will I know when I cant access something? Pretty sure my sub is going to expire soon.

ReMaKe

I haven't had the chance to play Tomb Raider nor NFSMW.
What are the chances of these games coming to ps plus next month? (Low-High)
Would you buy them now or wait?

vdlow

I haven't had the chance to play Tomb Raider nor NFSMW.
What are the chances of these games coming to ps plus next month? (Low-High)
Would you buy them now or wait?

US or EU?

Most Wanted was available on PS+ EU in August. I would expect Tomb Raider too, but it's just a guess.

Chris R

Downloaded Poker Night... I want to like this game, but with all the saving and pausing it just moves WAY TOO SLOW. Don't even know if I'll boot it up again :(

Same here. Bought it yesterday and have been playing it here and there. I rented it when it came out on the PS2, but never finished it simply because I got stuck at one part very early in the game(don't ask lol). Feel like I'm a 60 year old man finally learning how to ride a bike. Despite being a last gen game and being teased with new consoles, the art direction alone makes it one of the most visually amazing games I've ever played. The intro is slow, but man is it worth it.

And Sakuya's ass hanging out is just hilarious.

Damn, Okami HD looks beautiful. My only problem with the game is that it doesn't have spanish text (I bought it for my 10 year old sister and she doesn't read english that well).

Tizoc

Downloaded Poker Night... I want to like this game, but with all the saving and pausing it just moves WAY TOO SLOW. Don't even know if I'll boot it up again :(

I deleted the game the next day =P I think I got it during a recent Steam sale though.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Quick question on when PS+ runs out. Do I get prompted, or will I know when I cant access something? Pretty sure my sub is going to expire soon.

You can look in your profile and see when it's going to expire. You go into your account through the XMB, where your download list, payment info and stuff is located, and then click on "subscriptions", it's listed in there.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Don't we have a pretty good idea already because it's PS4 launch?

Rafy

Hey guys quick question, I am buying a ps3 next weekend and I am going to pickup PS+ today to get FarCry 3 as well as Revengeance next week. Now, the dollar just went down( 1 eur = 1.37 usd) and it would have been cheap either way, but will the PS+ online code I buy from Amazon US work on my EU PS3 account? Also, on the page it says it's a download, does that mean that the PS+ code goes in my Digital Games page?
Thanks in advance GAF.

Joni

Hey guys quick question, I am buying a ps3 next weekend and I am going to pickup PS+ today to get FarCry 3 as well as Revengeance next week. Now, the dollar just went down( 1 eur = 1.37 usd) and it would have been cheap either way, but will the PS+ online code I buy from Amazon US work on my EU PS3 account? Also, on the page it says it's a download, does that mean that the PS+ code goes in my Digital Games page?
Thanks in advance GAF.
You can make a US PSN account on a EU PS3 to get access to US PLUS. It won't work on a EU PSN account. Cards are country locked.
Don't get a US PS+ card because EU PLUS is better.

Rafy

You can make a US PSN account on a EU PS3 to get access to US PLUS. It won't work on a EU PSN account. Cards are country locked.
Don't get a US PS+ card because EU PLUS is better.

I was was hoping it would work on a EU account, it would save me a lot of money. Thanks though!
I guess I will be buying it from Sony EU then. Not even thinking about making a US account. Anyways, can I "buy" the free games from my computer till I get my PS3?

Joni

I was was hoping it would work on a EU account, it would save me a lot of money. Thanks though!
I guess I will be buying it from Sony EU then. Not even thinking about making a US account. Anyways, can I "buy" the free games from my computer till I get my PS3?

Yes, most people do it even after getting the PS3.

Top Bottom