• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 2: How do I hold all these games?

maybe dumb question but if you buy ps+ you get $10 back. however ps+ is $49.99 not $50. so if you buy something else to make it over $50 would you get another $10?

common sense tells me no, but technically not sure

maybe dumb question but if you buy ps+ you get $10 back. however ps+ is $49.99 not $50. so if you buy something else to make it over $50 would you get another $10?

common sense tells me no, but technically not sure

No, they count the $49.99 the same as $50, so the next $10 back is when you have bought for $100.

Nakazato

So how dose this promo really work ?

If I go to best buy and buy a $50 psn card and just put it in my account will I get the 50 dollars or do I actually have to buy 50 worth of content ?

Dose a 50 psn card even work for this ?

If I go to best buy and buy a $50 psn card and just put it in my account will I get the 50 dollars or do I actually have to buy 50 worth of content ?

It should work, but I believe you actually have to buy the $50 of content before it will actually count.

Ifrit

You have to use those $50 to buy content from the PS Store, it doesn't need to come directly from your credit card so you can redeem a $50 card on your account, and then use those $50 on the PS Store to buy stuff

Ogawa-san

Buying a $50 card and using all of it will be tricky, since everything ends in 99 cents... I got Dragon's Crown ($29.99), gonna buy Persona 3 Portable ($9.99) and probably Persona 2 ($9.99), I still won't qualify until I spend another... $0.03.

I'd have to buy another $10 card and find something else to buy.

Roto13

Buying a $50 card and using all of it will be tricky, since everything ends in 99 cents... I got Dragon's Crown ($29.99), gonna buy Persona 3 Portable ($9.99) and probably Persona 2 ($9.99), I still won't qualify until I spend another... $0.03.

I'd have to buy another $10 card and find something else to buy.

If you buy something that's $49.99, it'll work. But that limits your choices quite a bit.

PlayStation Store isn't displaying properly. The right side is blank whenever I try to view the Free Games tab. Anyone else having this issue?

olimpia84

I might bite on Okami HD at 7 bucks but then again I want to import the Japanese version of the game for my PS3 physical collection. Mmm decisions

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'm not getting a PS4 until some time next year. Will I be able to get my free PS Plus games on PS4 without actually owning the system so that when I do get one I'll automatically have access to the various free games made available throughout the year?

kiyomi

I'm not getting a PS4 until some time next year. Will I be able to get my free PS Plus games on PS4 without actually owning the system so that when I do get one I'll automatically have access to the various free games made available throughout the year?

Yes. You should be able to add them to your download list from the Sony web store.

bjaelke

Yes, if you have an active PS+ account when the games are in rotation. Just add them to the download list from your computer or the new Playstation App and download them when you finally do get your PS4.

Codiox

i think so, just put the games in the download queue. this is how i/we collected the PS+ games for the Vita and it worked fine until we get actually one.

The_Monk

Sorry if it was already answered fellow GAFfers but when are the Yearly PS Vita titles going to be replaced? Uncharted GA and the others.

bjaelke

Maybe we'll get an update on the yearly Vita rotation next week. The comments from the November update are a bit vague.
I have just updated the comment to say 2 new PS VITA titles a month, at the moment I have no information to share regarding the updating of Uncharted and Gravtiy Rush
Uncharted Golden Abyss and Gravity Rush will be remaining in the service at the moment

lucius

Damn I was just planing on buying knack at ps4 launch. Anyone know if you can use this on pre-orders ?

Yeah pre-orders count because when you preorder it adds it to your cart and they charge you after checking out, also Knack is one of the PS4 games up on PSN for preorder already so you can get it with the promotion, Warframe is the other but that is free to play. I wish they added Killzone SHadow Fall for pre-order, it l would be a nice gesture because of the delayed games even though I didn't care much for DriveClub.

I bought Okami HD for $7. I got a Plus email showing Kingdoms of Amalur available then saying Holine Miami coming soon so i guess that's coming up this Tuesday

Tizoc

^You get it in November =V

Weird, the webstore charged me $4.99 for Bionic Commando ReArmed 2 instead of 3.49, I sent a message to PS Support to look into this.
Furthermore I am unable to puchase BC1 off the webstore.
The wbestore seems to be acting up actually so maybe its glitching?

Weird, the webstore charged me $4.99 for Bionic Commando ReArmed 2 instead of 3.49, I sent a message to PS Support to look into this.

This happened to me too. Had to use the in game buying at $5 to get it. Not sure if I want to fight for the $1.50.

Not really into the game either, maybe it was a product of 2009 but I don't get the fuss over it. Maybe I need nostalgia for the original?

Tizoc

This happened to me too. Had to use the in game buying at $5 to get it. Not sure if I want to fight for the $1.50.

Not really into the game either, maybe it was a product of 2009 but I don't get the fuss over it. Maybe I need nostalgia for the original?

Dude how does a game from 2009 have anything to do with it's quality?

Nakazato

Yeah pre-orders count because when you preorder it adds it to your cart and they charge you after checking out, also Knack is one of the PS4 games up on PSN for preorder already so you can get it with the promotion, Warframe is the other but that is free to play. I wish they added Killzone SHadow Fall for pre-order, it l would be a nice gesture because of the delayed games even though I didn't care much for DriveClub.

I bought Okami HD for $7. I got a Plus email showing Kingdoms of Amalur available then saying Holine Miami coming soon so i guess that's coming up this Tuesday

awesome doing it today or tomorrow

Dug

Banned
First time playing SOTC thanks to PS+....liking it so far! Beat the 4th Colossus last night, still got a lot more to kill though.

Odd, I bought the game yesterday and didn't really pay attention to the price while paying. Is there a way to see my transaction history online?

Fake edit: Wait, nevermind. I have the confirmation email from Sony:

Bionic Commando® Rearmed 2 (Full Game) $3.49

Tizoc

Odd, I bought the game yesterday and didn't really pay attention to the price while paying. Is there a way to see my transaction history online?

Fake edit: Wait, nevermind. I have the confirmation email from Sony:

Bionic Commando® Rearmed 2 (Full Game) $3.49
I'm speaking with Sony Support via chat, and they said they'll aim to get a refund on my recent purchase. Should I get refunded, I'll just wait til Monday and try to buy them again, hopefully this time the issues will get fixed and I can get both games under their discount XP

Jubern

I don't know if anyone is interested by that, but Japan also finally got its first trial game, and it's (kind of) a big one: Sen no Kiseki! It's also longer than the old trials we got a couple of years ago, you can play the game for 3 hours here. Saves and trophies carry to the retail version supposedly.

It's only going to be available for a month or so IIRC.

Jabba

Banned
Got GTA V bundle about a month ago. 500 gig already half full.

@ _wolf

Poker night 2 not only runs bad but the card dealing system is questionable also with my limited experience with the game. Used to deal poker. So far I'm not liking what I'm seeing as far as random cards go.

@ CriterionDog

Absolutely, go for it. Criterion, you'll get to play many games that you otherwise wouldn't have because of plus. I was leary/concerned briefly. Very briefly.

The sales for plus are also great. Free 1 hour game trials, some free avatars/themes.

If you don't buy lots of games, you can't go wrong. Most on my friends list don't have it and I just smh sometimes when I look at their profiles without a yellow plus sign next to their PSN ID.

I'm really debating on purchasing a year subscription...everything looks so good, but I feel that I should watch my money.

But, man, it looks like a good deal. I think I might as well buy it, because the PS4 requires it for online... opinions?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm really debating on purchasing a year subscription...everything looks so good, but I feel that I should watch my money.

But, man, it looks like a good deal. I think I might as well buy it, because the PS4 requires it for online... opinions?
If you're in the US, wait for Black Friday. The PS4 comes with a 2 week trial and some games (KZ:SF) include a 7 day trial so you should be covered for the first ~3 weeks. Come Black Friday head on over to GameStop to snag a year for $30 or cross your fingers and hope Amazon matches the deal

1mRMXar.jpg

Top Bottom