• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 01/15/09

GQman2121

Banned
Jim said:
It's pretty obvious that nearly all of Capcom North American PSX/PSP titles are hitting the PS Store this year as well as a Capcom Home Space.

John D confirmed Resident Evil series, and more or less, Mega Man Legends in the blog. Man, the blog posters give him a lot of shit about lack of Trophies in their PSN releases though, hah.

Damn, I forgot all about the Capcom store. It does makes perfect sense that all their games will eventually make their way stateside at some point. So that is good news. Just the waiting, while other regions are playing, is what makes be bitter. :p

F it, I'll probably buy Magic Ball. Looks cool, and I'm a sucker for that kind of game...

While I can't do my usually whining regarding the Playstation Store for PSP - I'll change it up. Why the heck is UGnG so expensive!? You want people to BUY the stuff you put on there, right?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I'd just like to say thank you to the OPs of these weekly threads. You guys are doing an excellent job. Very informative. Especially for me since I'm looking to get into more downloadable games.

How much is UG&G going for? Hope it's not too much. =/

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Is UG&G a PS3 game or is it just a downloadable PSP game?
Returners said:
Ehem... Command & Conquer, Red Alert and Theme Hospital beg to differ (I want those for the NA store)
Durrr. those were horrible on ps1. I'd rather have proper ps1 games that are good without nostalgia glasses.

Baha

Brobzoid said:
Is UG&G a PS3 game or is it just a downloadable PSP game?

Durrr. those were horrible on ps1. I'd rather have proper ps1 games that are good without nostalgia glasses.

It's a PSP game. It's $19.99 for the guy who asked about the price.

LRB1983

Banned
Kintaro said:
How much is UG&G going for? Hope it's not too much. =/
19'99$ (Source Playstation Blog)
To the PlayStation community: 20,000 thank yous for all your support. We had a record breaking year in the digital space and we couldn’t have done it without you. (Apparently, we don’t just break records, we break blogs son!)

In my last post, I promised that you’ll see a whole slew of PSP and PSone games on the PlayStation Network. To kick off 2009, I’m happy to announce that Ultimate Ghost ‘n Goblins will be available tomorrow in the PSP store for $19.99. For those of you not familiar with the game, UGG is a side-scrolling platform game featuring the heroic knight, Arthur, as he battles hordes of undead in his quest to save Princess Prin Prin. (total run on sentence) I think just having the name “Prin Prin” is reason enough for saving. UGG maintains the 2D gameplay mechanics of this classic franchise and is the only game in the series to employ 3D graphics. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is intuitive yet addicting, everything you want in a quality PSP game.

Check out the video
Shit beaten XD.

SappYoda

Brobzoid said:

PSP3000_sc001.jpg

TheMissingLink said:
While I can't do my usually whining regarding the Playstation Store for PSP - I'll change it up. Why the heck is UGnG so expensive!? You want people to BUY the stuff you put on there, right?
Because it's still available at some retailers. Publishers have to be careful about pricing because pricing too low could anger retailers (that's like taking away some of their business, when the entire purpose of retailers is to sell your products). That's why video store, PSP games, Xbox Originals, etc. aren't cheap (NA is especially where it's a sensitive issue, not really in Japan).

Looking forward to the skate 2 demo though.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
SappYoda said:
ah, valid point. I keep forgetting that psp supports ps1 games.
can't one just make an iso of a ps1 game though? or does that require extensive hacking and cracking?

GQman2121

Banned
Brobzoid said:
ah, valid point. I keep forgetting that psp supports ps1 games.
can't one just make an iso of a ps1 game though? or does that require extensive hacking and cracking?

You have to have custom firmware and not all games playback proper. Titles with more than one disk can be done, but there are issues that pop up and everyone of them can be different.

Dizzle24

So do we not know what's going to be in the US store??

Every week I come into the topic to see what's going to be available for me in the US store.. and it isn't updated until the store is.. which is kind of pointless.. I dunno... I'm bored today and mad at the world.:D

Dante

Looking forward to trying Fear, although it's going to have to REALLY impress me being released so close to KZ2.

Jim

GTI Club+ today in North America also.

KONAMI ANNOUNCES GTI CLUB+ EXCLUSIVELY FOR PLAYSTATION®NETWORK

El Segundo, Calif. – Jan. 15, 2008 – Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. today announced that GTI Club+, the classic arcade-style racing game originally released by Konami in 1996, is now available for download on the PlayStation®Network, the digital media delivery service for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. With spectacular HD graphics, GTI Club+ enables players to compete online with up to eight friends in either free-for-all events or team play.

In GTI Club+, players race through the tight city streets and winding mountain roads of France’s Ville De Circo with an elite collection of high performance European hatchbacks, such as the Mini Cooper and Volkswagen Golf. The easy pick-up-and-play racing game allows beginners and experienced veterans alike to explore the open city for the most efficient routes between checkpoints, race each other to the top of the worldwide leaderboards, or partake in the fast-paced game of Bombtag, a free-for-all-mode where players play hot potato with explosives.

GTI Club+ takes full advantage of the PLAYSTATION®3 system, utilizing the DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller to create vibrations when cars race over bumps in the road, as well as provide motion controlled steering. As an added bonus, gamers can take pictures using the PLAYSTATION®Eye and distribute them to other gamers during crucial racing moments such as overtaking, crashing and ramming.

Xater

Dante said:
Looking forward to trying Fear, although it's going to have to REALLY impress me being released so close to KZ2.

Yu get Fear 2 from the US store if you got QORE right?

DoomGyver

How many levels are in Cuboid? and for those of you who finished it, how long did it take you?

Trying to justify the purchase.

Slacker

Dizzle24 said:
So do we not know what's going to be in the US store??

Every week I come into the topic to see what's going to be available for me in the US store.. and it isn't updated until the store is.. which is kind of pointless.. I dunno... I'm bored today and mad at the world.:D
The OP is updated when the store is, but the thread is still a good source of information, like the three games and one patch we know of that are coming out today.

I'm actually pretty excited about the Eden patch. Maybe I'll finally finish that badboy. :)

Slacker

Full Recovery said:
How many levels are in Cuboid? and for those of you who finished it, how long did it take you?

Trying to justify the purchase.
http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=playstation+cuboid :D

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/07/cuboid-coming-exclusively-to-psn-on-thursday/

Cuboid is a stunning 3D puzzle game (available soon tomorrow for $9.99) in which players navigate ancient ruins and lush environments, maneuvering a rectangular block through mystical exits. Cuboid will bend your mind with its addictive puzzles and engage the senses with amazing graphics and soothing music, immersing you in a surrealistic puzzle world. We at Creat Studios and TikGames are pleased to offer players 66 twisted levels with premium packs coming soon that will include additional levels and a custom level creator.

Cuboid is set in three major mystical places, beginning on the roof of an ancient temple, transporting the player to the inside of a magnificent church and ending up in a mysterious chamber. Within each area are 22 distinct levels, increasing in difficulty and complexity, adding new gameplay mechanics like triggers and special tile types the deeper and deeper you go.
I haven't picked it up yet, but it sounds good. May be one I get during a gaming lull.

Returners said:
anyone tried the 360 version then? Is it smoother?

The 360 version is smoother, but not by much. They both have uneven framerates. Oddly enough, the cutscenes in the PS3 version are smooth while the 360 version has really choppy cutscenes. Go figure.

Quite like the look of Magic Ball, but £8 is asking an awful lot for a Breakout game I think. Will wait for people to post impressions, I suppose.

Edit: Does High Velocity Bowling (EU) have a trophy patch yet?

jaydogg691

Heads up for those who pre-ordered Resistance: Retribution, the demo should be available today (according to the voucher). Can't wait.

Nice I like how when I wake up in the morning here (US west coast) the Euro content is already up. I just signed into my Euro account EruoBloke(I cant believe that name wasn't taken yet lol) to get the skate 2 demo.
Dizzan said:
STILL NO SFIIHD ON THE PAL STORES!!!!!!

SCEA, you are fucked.

That is all.
Wouldn't that be SCEE?

Gibb

InterMoniker said:
I just signed into my Euro account EruoBloke(I cant believe that name wasn't taken yet lol) to get the skate 2 demo.
Wouldn't that be SCEE?
I can :lol

hmm.. looks like I have to make myself a British account as well.. jolly good! :D

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jim said:
It do. Never mentioned in the Press Releases for some reason.

I thought all games released in 2009 must have trophies...so I guess they don't bother mentioning it

What is GTI like? I never played or seen it.

Gibb said:
I can :lol

hmm.. looks like I have to make myself a British account as well.. jolly good! :D

Yep, it's up in the UK store and not in the Belgian one, only that shitty dead space demo.
It made me furiously register a Uk account, makes a total of 5 accounts now :lol

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wario64 said:
I thought all games released in 2009 must have trophies...so I guess they don't bother mentioning it

there's a demo on the Euro store. I've never played a Konami racer before, but to me it's like a Sega arcade racer with those mini cooper type cars.

bryehn

Does GTI+ support wheels? I see it has PSEye support, think I'll get it either way.

Tough choice between that and Magic Ball though. I love Breakout games and Cuboid sold me on TikGames / Creat last week. Why am I so broke? Oh yeah...games.

Erebus

Wario64 said:

I haven't played the game myself but Speevy wanted me to warn you guys against GTi Club because it is lacking content. He specifically said that the game only features one level and no offline multiplayer at all.

Considering his huge PSN game collection, I'd listen to Speevy!:D

bryehn

DarkUSS said:
I haven't played the game myself but Speevy wanted me to warn you guys against GTi Club because it is lacking content. He specifically said that the game only features one level and no offline multiplayer at all.

Considering his huge PSN game collection, I'd listen to Speevy!:D

wat

One level?

Magic Ball it is!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
zeloe326 said:
Any impressions on the Skate 2 demo?

i played it, some MINOR framerate issues, not many. graphics/controls where verry good. i was pretty impressed with this compared to skate 1 port.

AndyD

aka andydumi
bryehn said:
wat

One level?

Magic Ball it is!

Its one location. The cote d'azur location. Its in the name of the game, so I figured its the only location. But it does have multiple paths and stuff it seems.

I think old PR said 15 bucks, which is a lot for one location only though.

zeloe326

Tiduz said:
i played it, some MINOR framerate issues, not many. graphics/controls where verry good. i was pretty impressed with this compared to skate 1 port.

Thanks, I'll go ahead and download it based on what you said, but 1.7GB ouch.

Dragnet

Tiduz said:

A touch more than minor, they are very noticeable. I would of preferred it if they locked the game at 30 rather than let it do what it wants going between 25-60 willy nilly.

Still, it's awesome and the framerate doesn't drop that often. When it's 60, it's omg melted butter gorgeous smooth :D

Top Bottom