• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 01/15/09

Dragnet

Thrakier said:
Skate 2 has significant slowdowns. Shame, because it seems to be a nice game otherwise. :(

No it hasn't. Only slows down when you enter Hall of Meat mode, which if you look carefully is actually in slow motion. The game does however jitter when you turn quickly to face a new area, but it's nothing compared to the horrendous Skate 1. All hail 60fps!

Flunkie

Banned
Dragnet said:
No it hasn't. Only slows down when you enter Hall of Meat mode, which if you look carefully is actually in slow motion. The game does however jitter when you turn quickly to face a new area, but it's nothing compared to the horrendous Skate 1. All hail 60fps!
:D

Dragnet

Flunkie said:

To add to that, I'm pretty sure the final retail build with the 2gb install will eliminate any remaining technical issues. Let us not forget how much better skate 1's retail build ran against the shockingly awful demo. The demo was a real mess.

Flunkie

Banned
Dragnet said:
To add to that, I'm pretty sure the final retail build with the 2gb install will eliminate any remaining technical issues. Let us not forget how much better skates retail build ran against the demo. The demo was a real mess.
Nice.. definitely good to hear. The first Skate's demo was great gameplay wise, but the framerate and stuttering were pretty horrible.

Skate 1's Community Center > Skate 2's Slappy's, though. :D I really hope the Community Center is still intact in Skate 2.

One thing I really hate is the lack of custom soundtrack support. :(

PowderedToast

60FPS does wonders for skate, it feels so much better. There's some slight slowdown but it's nothing compared to the original were it'd turn into a slideshow while you were simply riding down a street. Just that feature alone makes it a worthy sequel.

Leatherface

Strider2K99 said:
Just to make sure that you're aware, it's Ultimate Ghost 'N Goblins, which was released on PSP.

PSP-UltimateGhostsnGoblins-USVersion-FrontCover.jpg

The one fucking game that makes me wish I had a PSP. :_(

Damn you Sony/Capcom! DAMN YOU!

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So is the Skate 2 demo up on psn yet?? I see some of you giving impressions, but its not up on my end. :(

edit:nm, its there now GAF>me

AndyD

aka andydumi
Strider2K99 said:
I don't see why the preview feature is really that big a deal. Chances are, the game that you are checking a preview of already has a trailer online somewhere.

Thats the point. If the trailer is already on PSN, there is no reason why it is not linked in the preview mode. No reason...

THey use the preview for almost every single premium theme, but I want it also for free themes and games, DLC, demos... even if its the same video as in the trailers section.

lupinko

FEAR2 where are thou?

I want my purchase of this Qore to be actually worth a damn. :lol

Oh well the KZ2 theme is actually cool tho. :D

Yea, you can download some of the new shit thanks to the banners. Just keep selecting a game and press the back button for the frontpage until you find something you want. Downloading skate 2 demo right now.

kuYuri

Ah, I see. As rainking mentioned, the new releases section isnt updated but the new banners which link to specific content are up. Cant actually say what full update is.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Strider2K99 said:
Ah, I see. As rainking mentioned, the new releases section isnt updated but the new banners which link to specific content are up. Cant actually say what full update is.
Correct, not sure on the full content list.

Forsete

Oh and FEAR 2 will rock. Looks pretty nice on PS3, seems to have all the effects minus the AA. Looks sub 720p to me though, but it runs at a steady fps so far.

DMeisterJ

Banned
PlayStation Blog said:
PlayStation Store Update

Just a quick note to let all of you Qore Episode 08 (January ‘09) purchasers and Annual Subscribers know that your exclusive early access to WBI/Monolith’s F.E.A.R. 2 demo begins today with the 1/15/08 PlayStation Store publish. Go to the Episode 08 Download Center now to snag this single-player demo.
PULSE

PULSE 01/15 Edition (also available from the PSP store) (free)
PULSE presented by the PlayStation Network is a free high definition video showcase of what’s happening right now on PlayStation. Featuring new game releases, demos, movie and television arrivals available for your PS3 and PSP systems, PULSE is a fast-paced new source to keep you connected and informed about the world of PlayStation.
File size: 209 MB (HD) 358 MB (1080)
Downloadable Games

Magic Ball ($9.99)
A fresh spin on classic brick-breaking gameplay, in which players bust apart a 3D environment, piece by piece. Smash your way through dozens of colorful and stylized levels including pirate islands amid shark-infested waters, and castles filled with noble knights and courtly ladies. Special power-ups, weather effects and realistic physics make Magic Ball a fun, action-packed and engaging experience for up to two players.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 155 MB

GTI Club+ ($9.99)
Bring the arcade-style racing frenzy of the original arcade game home to the PS3 in spectacular HD graphics. Players will race through the tight bends and back roads of the urban sprawl and then sweep up the steep mountainous roads along southern France’s beautiful Côte d’Azur. To tackle this wide variety of driving conditions a select group of small but powerful hatchbacks are perfect for the challenge. With full online support players can test their skills with online races up to 8 players in individual and team modes or the fast paced and hectic game of Bombtag.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 293 MB
Add-on Game Content

Brain Challenge Expansion Pack ($4.99)
Get enhanced features to Brain Challenge:

* 8 new mini-games
* 2 multiplayer games
* A brand new Creativity mode
* Special Kid Test and Senior Test modes to gather everyone around the game.

*The original downloadable version of Brain Challenge is required to run the Brain Challenge Expansion Pack.
File size: 497 KB

Disgaea 3 Makai Kingdom Main Character Package ($3.99)
This package file adds a new custom characters Zetta and Pram.
File size: 1.23 MB

Disgaea 3 Pram ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Pram from Makai Kingdom.
File size: 1.22 MB

Disgaea 3 Zetta ($1.99)
This package file adds a new custom character called Zetta from Makai Kingdom.
File size: 1.22 MB

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com

* “Hillbilly Deluxe” by Brooks & Dunn ($1.99)
* “Me and My Gang” by Rascal Flatts ($1.99)
* “Ticks” by Brad Paisley ($1.99)
* Country Track Pack ($5.49) - Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Hillbilly Deluxe” by Brooks & Dunn, “Me and My Gang” by Rascal Flatts, and “Ticks” by Brad Paisley.
* “Low (Travis Barker Remix)” by Flo Rida (Feat. T-Pain) ($1.99)
* “Lycanthrope” by +44 ($1.99)
* “What’s My Age Again” by Blink 182 ($1.99)
* Travis Barker Track Pack ($5.49) - Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Low (Travis Barker Remix)” by Flo Rida (Feat. T-Pain), “Lycanthrope” by +44, and “What’s My Age Again” by Blink 182.

File sizes: 28 MB - 47 MB (singles), 114 MB - 124 MB (track packs)

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “You Got It” - Roy Orbison ($1.99)
* “Ooby Dooby” - Roy Orbison ($1.99)
* “Oh, Pretty Woman” - Roy Orbison ($1.99)
* “Mean Woman Blues” - Roy Orbison ($1.99)
* “In Dreams” - Roy Orbison ($1.99)
* “Claudette” -Roy Orbison ($1.99)
* Roy Orbison Pack 01 ($9.99) - Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Roy Orbison Pack 01. This pack includes: “Claudette,” “In Dreams,” “Mean Woman Blues,” “Oh, Pretty Woman,” “Ooby Dooby,” and “You Got It” by Roy Orbison.
* “Mr. Cab Driver” - Lenny Kravitz ($1.99)
* “Let Love Rule” - Lenny Kravitz ($1.99)
* “Freedom Train” - Lenny Kravitz ($1.99)
* “Are You Gonna Go My Way” - Lenny Kravitz ($1.99)
* Lenny Kravitz Pack 01 ($6.99) - Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Lenny Kravitz Pack 01. This pack includes: “Are You Gonna Go My Way,” “Freedom Train,” “Let Love Rule,” and “Mr. Cab Driver” by Lenny Kravitz.
* “Megasus” - Megasus ($0.99)
* “Entangled” -Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives ($0.99)

File sizes: 18 MB - 44 MB (singles) 116 MB - 131 MB (track packs)

Shaun White Snowboarding Mile High Pack - Target Edition ($9.99)
Combine attitude with altitude in this TARGET Edition pack, and get some new gear and a brand new mountain. Only compatible with the Target Edition. The regular edition version of this pack is available separately – please be sure to download the correct one for your edition of the game.
File size: 231 MB

Shaun White Snowboarding Mile High Pack – Regular Edition ($9.99)
Combine attitude with altitude in this pack, and get some new gear and a brand new mountain. Not compatible with the Target Edition. The Target Edition version of this pack is available separately – please be sure to download the correct one for your edition of the game.
File size: 231 MB

Shaun White Snowboarding The Freebie Pack – Target Edition (free)
Here’s an opportunity to grab some great new gear for guys and girls FOR FREE. With this pack you can dress up your character, and flex your style riding one of the boards from our contest winners. Who said nothing in life is free? Only compatible with the Target Edition. The regular edition version of this pack is available separately – please be sure to download the correct one for your edition of the game.
File size: 15 MB

Shaun White Snowboarding The Freebie Pack – Regular Edition (free)
Here’s an opportunity to grab some great new gear for guys and girls FOR FREE. With this pack you can dress up your character, and flex your style riding one of the boards from our contest winners. Who said nothing in life is free? Not compatible with the Target Edition. The Target Edition version of this pack is available separately – please be sure to download the correct one for your edition of the game.
File size: 15 MB
Game Demos (free)

Skate 2 Demo
The Skate revolution continues! Download the demo and hone your skills before Skate 2 hits stores as you rip around Slappy’s, move objects to create spots, and take on new set of challenges. Also compete against up to 4 of your friends in an all out break your bones Hall of Meat challenge. Skate 2 will be in stores worldwide on January 23.
File size: 1.68 GB

GTI Club+ Demo
Try the demo and bring the arcade-style racing frenzy of the original arcade game home to the PS3 in spectacular HD graphics. Players will race through the tight bends and back roads of the urban sprawl and then sweep up the steep mountainous roads along southern France’s beautiful Côte d’Azur. To tackle this wide variety of driving conditions a select group of small but powerful hatchbacks are perfect for the challenge. With full online support players can test their skills with online races up to 8 players in individual and team modes or the fast paced and hectic game of Bombtag.
File size: 289 MB
Game Videos (free)

PULSE 01/15 Edition (also available from the PSP store)
File size: 209 MB (HD) 358 MB (1080)

Mahjong Tales Trailer
File size: 59 MB (HD)

Tekken 6 PSN Announcement Trailer January 2009
File size: 13 MB (SD) 48 MB (HD)

Magic Ball Trailer
File size: 15 MB (SD) 42 MB (HD)

Mafia II: Holiday Confession
File size: 69 MB (HD)

FIFA09 - PSN Exclusive: Inside FIWC 2009
File size: 409 MB (1080)

Cuboid Trailer
File size: 46 MB (HD)

BUZZ! Quiz TV Trailer
File size: 228 MB (HD)

PlayStation Network “Movie Download Machine” TV Spot
File size: 23 MB (HD) 38 MB (1080)
Movie and Blu-ray Disc Trailers (free)

Why I Love Monty Python
File size: 88 MB (SD)

Pineapple Express Blu-ray Trailer
File size: 108 MB (HD) 144 MB (1080)

The Wackness Blu-ray Trailer
File size: 91 MB (HD) 121 MB (1080)

The House Bunny Blu-ray Trailer
File size: 75 MB (HD) 97 MB (1080)
PS3 Themes

Disgaea 3 Pram Theme (free)
File size: 1.96 MB

Savage Moon Theme ($0.99)
File size: 4.57 MB
PS3 Wallpaper (free)

Pineapple Express Wallpaper
File size: 297 KB (SD) 1.18 MB (1080)

Tom Clancy’s EndWar Wallpaper (x4)
File size: 243 - 275 KB (SD) 1.1 MB 1.34 MB (1080)

Savage Moon Wallpaper (x2)
File size: 120 - 170 KB (SD) 547 - 606 KB (1080)
PlayStation Store for PSP
PULSE

* PULSE 01/15 Edition (also available from the PS3 store) (free)
PULSE presented by the PlayStation Network is a free high definition video showcase of what’s happening right now on PlayStation. Featuring new game releases, demos, movie and television arrivals available for your PS3 and PSP systems, PULSE is a fast-paced new source to keep you connected and informed about the world of PlayStation.
File size: 39 MB (HD)
Game Demos (free)

*BUZZ! Master Quiz Demo
Test out a free demo of BUZZ!: Master Quiz! The full BUZZ!: Master Quiz game on the PSP® (PlayStation Portable) system includes new round types and over 3,000 questions on topics including music, celebrities, TV, sports, nature, movies and more, testing your knowledge at home or on the move. Play different quiz challenges by yourself, or enjoy the 3 new multiplayer modes with anyone, anytime, anywhere!
Download the demo today!
File size: 152 MB
Downloadable Games

*Ultimate Ghost ‘N Goblins ($19.99)
Run faster, jump higher, make the dead deader.
Princess Prin Prin has once again been kidnapped and it’s up to Arthur to come to her rescue. Join Arthur as he battles through hordes of undead in this new addition of the GHOST ‘N GOBLINS series
File size: 272 MB

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/15/playstation-store-update-68/

So that's no PS1 games (Fuck you SCEA).

Guess I'll DL the Skate Demo though.

The audio for the guns in the FEAR 2 demo completely dropped out halfway through while I playing. They picked back up at the end when you
gain control of the mech
. But aside from that it was a fun demo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yay! More Disgaea 3 DLC... I now have hopes that the Soul Nomad version of the DLC will make it here ;DDDDDDDDDDD

Aeon712

Savage Moon is like Lumines all over again, feels like I'll never get it :(. Oh well Sony still gets my monies with Magic Ball.

Forsete

SolidSnakex said:
The audio for the guns in the FEAR 2 demo completely dropped out halfway through while I playing. They picked back up at the end when you
gain control of the mech
. But aside from that it was a fun demo.

Same thing just happened to me now, no gunfire audio.

Enk

makes good threads.
I wonder if Capcom is going to put out Ultimate Ghouls n Ghosts Kai on Japan's store. It's such a better version that fixes nearly all the flaws with the first release.

Top Bottom