• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Your POV is trailing behind ship but lower than non-VR camera. I thought it worked well enough and felt no sickness. I owned game previously from PS+ and was pleasantly surprised to get a free update. If you are interested in a zen endless runner type with unlockables than $2 is worth it.

you can change the view to a bumper cam too if you would like, more VR friendly (But no cockpit view.

Champloo4

Echoing the sentiment... Superhot VR is the real deal.

A total blast to play. Leaning, ducking, swinging, grabbing guns, shooting dudes.
It is the game I will use to 'showcase' PSVR to new players.

I played Tomb Raider "Blood Ties" in VR last night. Gameplay itself was a bit drab, walking around, collecting stuff, solving a couple of puzzles. I did want to comment on how good it looked.

And finally, this week is a knockout with all these releases, especially Tiny Trax.

I love how you receive trophy notifications in Super Hot.

The game is a bit more of a challenge than I thought. I haven't had many tracking issues, but getting used to shooting where you think your target will be rather than where they are takes some getting used to. And throwing things just completely sucked until I read that it's better to use a pushing motion, like you're doing a "force push" kind of thing. Works much better for me anyways.

Carl

How's the replayability/progression?

Racing game so replayability is dependant on hoq much you want to beat your times or your friends times :) standard Futurlab affair really in that it's pretty hard to completely master so for me that's a lot of the replayability. There is online multiplayer too obviously which is fun.

Progression is prety good. Definitely easier at the start. Tracks get more complicated with more banks and corkscrews.

ryseing

lol, same here. I really like the aim controller and I'll keep it, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get rid of Farpoint itself. Maybe I'm a little bitch, but life's too short to be freaked out by VR facespiders.

I'm thinking of selling my Aim / Farpoint.

I can't play the game without getting stressed out. I hate being "surprised" in VR it seems.

And no matter how many times I try, I can't play long enough most of the time to complete a level.

Tried the Aim for Arizona and it's fun, but I'm sure I can live with playing with the moves.

edit: so if someone is looking for one in Canada. More ideally in the Ottawa region. Let me know.

I'm in this boat as well. Aim is really cool but I just cannot get into Farpoint. I know I'm a wuss, and I'm OK with that.

If anyone is interested, I'll sell them both at cost + shipping. In the Southern US BTW. Don't have the original box but the controller and game are both in great shape. I'd rather someone ITT get them than a random.

I still have 10 days with the headset so lets see what I will buy. It's good to have that discount extravaganza right now. Still have time to choose one more game with the schedule I have these days..

Dude, get Polybius. Jeff Minter is a goddamned genius. Probably one of my top 3 experiences in VR.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So last night I set up my camera on a folding arm mic stand that attaches to my Entertainment center. It worked like shit.

Today my proper, freestanding mic stand arrived, and with the aid of Velcro tape I set up my camera about 6.5 feet high and angled just so. Played some Superhot and it was amazing. I was picking shit up off the floor,I was hiding behind cover. It went awesomely.

Anyone looking for a system like this, I recommend the Amazon basic mic stand. Works great. I didn't even need the rather expensive extension cable I bought. I may just return it, or keep it in case I need it when I move.

Really pleased with how it is working out.

fbutron

Echoing the sentiment... Superhot VR is the real deal.

A total blast to play. Leaning, ducking, swinging, grabbing guns, shooting dudes.
It is the game I will use to 'showcase' PSVR to new players.

I played Tomb Raider "Blood Ties" in VR last night. Gameplay itself was a bit drab, walking around, collecting stuff, solving a couple of puzzles. I did want to comment on how good it looked.

And finally, this week is a knockout with all these releases, especially Tiny Trax.

The problem that i have while playing Super Hot is exactly that, a lot of ducking and I have some problems with trowing things, surely i need to do it more harder? but it is summer an I was totally soaked.... It was in the tutorial and have to repeat all the introductions like 6 times =( since I was killed, need to get an air conditioned to even consider playing again ja ja outside of that the experience was very real and fun

Skittles

So last night I set up my camera on a folding arm mic stand that attaches to my Entertainment center. It worked like shit.

Today my proper, freestanding mic stand arrived, and with the aid of Velcro tape I set up my camera about 6.5 feet high and angled just so. Played some Superhot and it was amazing. I was picking shit up off the floor,I was hiding behind cover. It went awesomely.

Anyone looking for a system like this, I recommend the Amazon basic mic stand. Works great. I didn't even need the rather expensive extension cable I bought. I may just return it, or keep it in case I need it when I move.

Really pleased with how it is working out.
How tall are you?

MattAces

Went into Apollo 11 with zero expectation and damn. It's a polished and impressive experience. Some minor interaction stuff, but the graphic is pretty great (no Pro support).
Really glad that I had the chance to try it, since I doubt I will buy it. If you're into space stuff, it's a great immersive experience. Basically just a VR documentary. Haven't finish the whole thing but I'm quite excited to get back into it.

MattAces

can only buy 1..

Arizona Sunshine or Superhot VR?

I have the aim controller

Ouuu that's a very tough one. Superhot VR is a must-have experience but it's also a very short one. Arizona Sunshine is really good with Aim, lengthy, but not as cool of a "new experience" as Superhot VR, still a very solid and fun first person zombie shooter.

I will vote for both.

Fisty

Can anyone recommend a good mounting stand for the camera? I just did a quick look on Amazon but was hoping to get some feedback or specific recommendations. I've been getting more tracking issues recently, and can't mount the camera up high, it's currently about knee-height looking up, which can be a pain in the ass in some games.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
can only buy 1..

Arizona Sunshine or Superhot VR?

I have the aim controller

That's a tough choice! They're both great. I'd say AS is more expensive, but older. It will go on sale before Superhot does. That said, I'd buy both at your earliest convenience. Excellent games all around.

Can anyone recommend a good mounting stand for the camera? I just did a quick look on Amazon but was hoping to get some feedback or specific recommendations. I've been getting more tracking issues recently, and can't mount the camera up high, it's currently about knee-height looking up, which can be a pain in the ass in some games.
The Amazon Basic mic stand is working great so far. My daughter and I put a few hours in this afternoon with no issues.

Had a bit of a puzzle figuring the best way to bind the camera to the mic stand, but it's working.

I'll try to post a pic of the attachment.

DzyAeUt.jpg

Kyolux

Yeah I decided to keep the aim but sell Farpoint at best buy since they give $25 for it. Probably will pickup Zelda on switch or just some PSN money. Guess I'll wait until Wednesday to decide.

jluedtke

I love how you receive trophy notifications in Super Hot.

The game is a bit more of a challenge than I thought. I haven't had many tracking issues, but getting used to shooting where you think your target will be rather than where they are takes some getting used to. And throwing things just completely sucked until I read that it's better to use a pushing motion, like you're doing a "force push" kind of thing. Works much better for me anyways.

That's exactly it. I was taking turns playing it with a friend and when it finally clicked with me I explained it to him like this: imagine you're in the water and you want to push a flotation device to someone. You push it to them across the water instead of throwing it at them. Once I explained it to him that way he had a much easier time of it.

hawk2025

Everyone!

I haven't bought a VR game since I Expect You To Die and I'm really looking forward to grabbing the best of the bunch since that came out?

What do you recommend?

Any platformers?
Any particulary unique experiences?
Is RE7 worth fully playing in VR?

Everyone!

I haven't bought a VR game since I Expect You To Die and I'm really looking forward to grabbing the best of the bunch since that came out?

What do you recommend?

Any platformers?

Play RE7 in vr now, you gotta do it!

- super hot is a must if you have moves
- farpoint is amazing if you can get a aim controller

These are must plays! Some cool stuff dropping this week too! Keep an eye on smashbox, tiny trax and maybe apollo 11...

- Star Trek bridge crew is a ton of fun online!

KORNdoggy

Everyone!

What do you recommend?

Any platformers?

Polybius
And yes to RE7

Fisty

The Amazon Basic mic stand is working great so far. My daughter and I put a few hours in this afternoon with no issues.

Had a bit of a puzzle figuring the best way to bind the camera to the mic stand, but it's working.

I'll try to post a pic of the attachment.

DzyAeUt.jpg

Johnny 5 is alive! And with a mustache!

Thanks for the tip, I will check that stand out but I may have to come up with a more elegant solution for attaching the camera lol

Dirt Rally VR is amazing especially when using a wheel. By far the best VR game i have played so far including RE7 and farpoint with aim. If you have a wheel buy the game, if not buy a wheel!

Everyone!

What do you recommend?

Any platformers?

RE7 is so worth it if you like horror, it's a must.

Statik, Superhot VR, Fantastic Contraption and Psychonauts are all pretty unique experiences and well worth pickup up.

Not really any platforming games yet, hopefully that will change though.

*Splinter

Everyone!

What do you recommend?

Any platformers?
I haven't played it myself but Mervils is apparently an ok platformer. I think that's the only one so far (apart from Robot Rescue of course)

Grinchy

Banned
Damn, Starblood Arena is fucking awesome!

It's $10 at Best Buy, so I figured what the hell. It's like Rigs with a spaceship and lots of customization and different characters/abilities.

The person I was playing with got a little woozy but I was zipping all around and having a good time with it. Can't wait to play some more later.

The Dude

So pumped for Theseus, chronos is another game in 3rd person and it's fucking amazing with the rift. I crave more games that utilize 3rd person, its such a perfect mix of classic gaming and vr

Top Bottom