• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtonic removes JonTron from Yooka-Laylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeeTeeCee

Doesn't the guy love the Banjo-Kazooie games too? That's gotta sting.

For him, anyway, I find it hilarious. Good stuff, Playtonic.

Nice, I wasn't sure they'd actually do it, but good for them to do this.
While I am 100% for this decision, isn't the game really close to release? Do they have time to re-record? Couldn't they have pulled a Destiny and patch out his voice with someone else in an update?

This game doesn't really have voice acting, just characters grunting, so it shouldn't be that hard to replace pretty quickly.

Sephzilla

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

Don't really have any idea who this guy is, but since this story started developing, I realized he was the guy whose face I hate in that one reaction GIF.

Fou-Lu

It's really a shame that no matter what anyone says Jon can't realize his views are ignorant and shitty. Good on Playtonic for making the right decision here.

Struct09

I would have understood if they hadn't removed him, but good on them for doing it. Still can't wait to play this game in a few weeks!

The other thread got closed mere seconds after I posted in it so I'm gonna repeat my post here:

I really hope this is going to be a wake-up call for JonTron.
Because I generally liked the guy until he openly became a stupid fucking idiot.

Guess I'll be buying the game now.

I guess the physical versions weren't printed yet or will they release a patch to remove him from the game if the disc have been printed?

tomhan

old people would be the ones that'd care about yooka-laylee the most though

I actually must just be going senile because I am looking forward to yooka-laylee, I just had never seen it written before and always just assumed it was spelled "ukulele" after hearing it pronounced.

But still the thing that happened from the OP I was unaware of and it sounds like an excellent thing to have happened.

Eumi

Nice. Happy to see people distancing themselves from the bloke, if only to help get it through to him that his views are not acceptable.

Joqu

Good on them. I wouldn't have been upset if they had kept it in considering it was all decided on way before this shit went public and we're so close to release, but it sends a good message so I'm glad they're doing it. I hope it somehow gets to Jon, but uh, I don't imagine it will.

Friends don't always share political viewpoints. Why paint with such a broad brush?

racism isn't a legitimate political viewpoint

Purchase re-confirmed. Can play the game with a clear conscience now. :)

A big Thank You goes out to Playtonic. It must have been tough. Both having to change the game at the last second and finding out that one of your guest stars went full on turbo scumbag.

TheSun

TB and Boogie rants soon.

Good on playtonic. Wonder what their initial reaction was when they found out about Jon's uber racism.

psyfi

Banned
I'm sad to see him go, but given the hate he's endorsing, it's the responsible choice. I really hope Jontron gets his shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom