• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Point n Click Adventure GAF 2015 - Back with a vengeance

epmode

Is there any chance of GOG providing the disk version of Monkey Island 2? The special edition's classic mode isn't quite the same, especially when it comes to music.

If there's enough demand for it they might. Did they ever add the other versions of X-Wing and TIE Fighter?

No, but there's some kind of dialogue open with disney regarding it, so hopefully at some point

https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/574268582088998912

Other then that I'd like:

Monkey Island - ega disk version
Loom - FM Towns cd version

Also Monkey Island 2 needs either the dos version or the towns version - I remember the towns version having extra sound effects (like the carpenter sawing), but I've never done any comparison on imuse so I don't know if it's the definitive version.

Happy gog used the best version of Zak McKracken though.

No, but there's some kind of dialogue open with disney regarding it, so hopefully at some point

https://twitter.com/sethdavis/status/574268582088998912

Other then that I'd like:

Monkey Island - ega disk version
Loom - FM Towns cd version

Also Monkey Island 2 needs either the dos version or the towns version - I remember the towns version having extra sound effects (like the carpenter sawing), but I've never done any comparison on imuse so I don't know if it's the definitive version.

Happy gog used the best version of Zak McKracken though.

Good to know Disney is being receptive about all of this.

minhta

Neo Member
Just thought I'd plug this point-and-click Kickstarter that just got underway:

Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders - A beautifully pixelated point-and-click thriller set in ancient China where you play as the legendary detective Di Renjie.

ks_FINAL_screenshots13.png

Hi all, Detective Di is now 70% funded on Kickstarter with 6 days left! Please support or spread the word if you like what you see. Thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1114977637/detective-di-the-silk-rose-murders

Tizoc

I'm almost at the end of Emerald City Confidential, never knew it was
based on Wizard of Oz, now I wanna watch the movies haha
Overall it's a good PnC game IMO, is it available on iOS by any chance?

looks nice although i'd welcome an adventure game that wouldn't have "chapter 1" in the title for a change >:mad:(

I wish King's Quest was not episodic. To me one of the magical things about old KQ games was the ability to explore a large world at my leisure but I can already guess that's not going to happen in the new game.

We need a release date for Technobabylon! I hope it comes next month.
Is anybody looking forward to Dead Synchronicity, coming this month. It looks good, I hope it delivers.

Wark

New Technobabylon trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nt6cO4YqRk

Can't wait!

Sign me up! I'm excited to see when the release day is. I've always been a huge fan of Wadjet Eye Games titles. With that said, it's time to get busy because I still have to beat Primordia and A Golden Wake.

Also, has anyone played TORMENTUM yet? I've been meaning to purchase it on Steam after I played the demo a few weeks back. It seemed like it could be a pretty solid experience based off of the demo.

Tizoc

I should finish up Tormentum soon. It is a simple PnC game but it stands out via its visual presentation and setting.

Also what's up with Ceville running at more than 60 FPS o_O

Dsyndrome

I should finish up Tormentum soon. It is a simple PnC game but it stands out via its visual presentation and setting.

Also what's up with Ceville running at more than 60 FPS o_O
Power through Tormentum, then finish the choices you didn't make in like 1.5-2 hours. Fun ride either way you go, honestly.

Couldn't stand Ceville, put a couple of hours into it some years ago, and I couldn't get over its atmosphere, specifically the little girl and her weird affection for the main character. I've never outright stopped playing a PNC except for Ceville. Props to you if you like it.

inm8num2

KRZ Act 3 is really great (Act 2 was a little short and simplistic IIRC). I wonder when Act 4 is coming?

I'm probably going to dig into A Golden Wake this week. Also have a few other adventures in the short-term queue - Detective Grimoire, The Detail Part 1, The Inner World, and The Dream Machine. Still not sure if I should dig into Dreamfall Chapters or just hold off while the bugs are fixed, performance is optimized, etc. I don't mind waiting for episodes, but I can stay busy with other games in the meantime.

Wark

I wonder whatever happened to Read Only Memories. I hope it didn't get canned. :(

Oh man – I hope not! Unfortunately, I discovered the game a little late so I couldn't help fund it on Kickstarter, but I’m definitely psyched to play it. What piqued my interest was the Snatcher influence the game was shooting for. I’m really hoping we hear something of it soon.

EDIT: It looks like they released a new trailer for the game a few weeks ago.

inm8num2

Finished A Golden Wake. It's easy and on the short side, but I liked the game quite a bit. Pretty good story with nice historical elements and characters woven into it.

Still need to play Blackwell Epiphany, but 2015 is going to be another good year for Wadjet eye with Technobabylon and Shardlight. Gotta hand it to the Gilberts for building a successful adventure company and finding good projects to support.

TripleSun

Oh yeah, Shardlight is looking gorgeous! So much talk of Technobabylon lately I almost forgot that was coming too haha.

Played those two shorts and it made me so excited for the full thing. Such a great world.

inm8num2

Interesting comment from Ron Gilbert:

http://www.pcgamer.com/ron-gilbert-says-modern-adventures-get-too-lost-in-story/

"Classic adventure games were really about the puzzles," he said. "We want to get back to that. Puzzles drive everything and it seems that modern adventure games tend to get too lost in story, and puzzles are just something tacked onto that. Also verbs. I loved the verb interface and I do think something was lost when adventure games got rid of them."

Seems like Thimbleweed Park is going to be a real throwback.

Top Bottom