• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

jTJltvY.png

Title(s) - Pokémon X/Pokémon Y
Platform(s) - 3DS Family
Genre - RPG
Publisher - Nintendo
Developer - Game Freak
Release Date - October 12 (Out Now)

KwcLBLk.png

2MyWqDA.png

The Pokémon Video Game Championships are the official competitive tournament circuit for the Pokémon video game series. Tournaments are held all over the world on five different continents with even a few select events online. Players compete throughout the season in hopes to represent their respective countries at the Pokémon World Championships.

General Event Rules

VG Tournament-specific Rules

VG Winter Regional Championships

January 18th–19th, 2014

Saint Charles Convention Center
One Convention Center Plaza
St. Charles, Missouri, 63303

Long Beach Convention Center
300 East Ocean Blvd.
Long Beach, California, 90802

Oregon State Fair and Expo Center
Columbia Hall
2330 17th Street NE
Salem, Oregon, 97301

January 25th–26th, 2014

International Palms Resort
6515 International Dr.
Orlando, Florida, 32819

Future Events:

US
April
  • Seattle, Washington
  • Salt Lake City, Utah
  • Athens, Georgia
  • Sturbridge, Massachusetts
It’s expected that Madison, Wisconsin and/or Kansas City, Kansas will have an event in April as well.

Africa
  • Cape Town, South Africa - March 14th, 2014
  • Pretoria, South Africa - March 28th, 2014
  • East London, South Africa - April 18th, 2014

National Championships
  • Bochum, Germany - May 3rd to 4th, 2014
  • Cape Town (unconfirmed), South Africa - June 14th to 15th, 2014
  • Indianapolis, USA - July 4th to 6th, 2014
It’s expected that there will also be National Championships in Italy, United Kingdom, Japan, and Korea. There’s also a high chance of a National Championship in Australia and next to none of there being one in Canada.

World Championships
  • Washington, DC, USA - August 15th to 17th, 2014
Pokémon Bank
  • Raleigh, NC, USA - January 22nd, 8AM - 8:15AM, 2114

Please keep an eye on the Nugget Bridge Event page for more events and times.

====================================Extra====================================​

aaioNJM.jpg

HAjXSPE.jpg

Thanks to:
  • Everyone mentioned in the prior 3 OTs.
  • Everyone who is waiting on their precious Rattata.
A2qR2xz.png

Spiderduff

Guess I will move my ? here. Any recommendations for Mega Heracross? I saw in the past OT with Mega Heracross to breed Rock Blast onto it and teach it Pin Missile, Bullet Seed and either Close Combat or Arm Thrust. Any recommendations as far as nature? Anything else I should look for? Thank You.

|OT3| Wall of Shame

790 -- MicH
702 -- Antiwhippy
573 -- SkullHydra
547 -- DaBoss
515 -- Nub
469 -- SeZMehK
438 -- spiritfox
391 -- Tiamant
381 -- HypnoDarkrai
375 -- ScraftyDevil

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Apparently Game Informer has an interview with Masuda about XY, anyone seen it yet? I've seen a few scans posted elsewhere.

Such as they asked him about Espurr's "troubled past" (which he joked about) and revealed Mana Ibe designed Klefki to fit the lore of Kalos, which makes me wonder if it'll have more presence in later games like Rotom.

MicH

|OT3| Wall of Shame

790 -- MicH
702 -- Antiwhippy
573 -- SkullHydra
547 -- DaBoss
515 -- Nub
469 -- SeZMehK
438 -- spiritfox
391 -- Tiamant
381 -- HypnoDarkrai
375 -- ScraftyDevil
Did I really post that much? I even took a two month break from this game! I am stunned and ashamed :p

fek

Voted for Jirachi for the next movie distribution. Already have one that I will transfer when the bank releases, but it's one of my favorites so it would be nice to get one with the blue pentagon.

DaBoss

I just started X. Any tips for a first time Pokemoner? Thanks!
Use Pokemon you like.

Turn off EXP Share when you don't need it (when your level is around the same as other trainers).

Don't read most of the posts here unless they are directed at you or involve non-post-game stuff since most of us are done the game and it would just confuse you.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, people will definitely help you out.

And most importantly, have fun!

Korosenai

Use Pokemon you like.

Turn off EXP Share when you don't need it (when your level is around the same as other trainers).

Don't read most of the posts here unless they are directed at you or involve non-post-game stuff since most of us are done the game and it would just confuse you.

Don't be afraid to ask questions, people will definitely help you out.

And most importantly, have fun!
Pretty much this. Just go at your own pace, catch the Pokemon you want to catch, train the Pokémon you want to train, and just enjoy the experience.

If you want the game to be easier use exp share, if not, then turn it off.

Tiamant

To celebrate the new OT I'll start a Lightningrod Cubone Giveaway!

cubone-vs-pokemon-o.gif

That's right folks, I'll be giving away 4-5 IV Jolly Cubones, the bestest ground type ever, the only one capable to OHKO things like Carbink. These Cubones also come with Iron Head, a move that completely obliterates those nasty fairies and does a ton of neutral damage.

But enough of hearing my praisings, let's see what Smogon says:

Marowak is unique in that it has access to Bonemerang, a powerful STAB attack that allows it to hit twice in one turn. This allows Marowak to break through Substitute, Focus Sash, and Sturdy users in a single turn, an invaluable attribute when facing opposing Stealth Rock users, as it can prevent many of them from setting up.

When people think of cavemen, the trademark weapon that comes to mind is the club. This powerful weapon was taken to a whole new level in the realm of Pokemon, where it can turn an average Pokemon with an average base 80 Attack stat into a monster with 568 Attack; the beast it creates is so powerful that it makes even Deoxys-A tremble in its wake. Yes, a small creature with a fossil on its head is transformed into a destructive force that is capable of shattering the very world as we know it; its name is Marowak. When equipped with a Thick Club, Marowak can deal massive damage. Its Defense isn't shabby either, maxing out at 350. But sadly for this demon from the past, its other stats are terrible, with the exception of its average Special Defense stat. However, this monster should not be underestimated; under Trick Room, it can truly thrive. Its pitiful Speed can be turned into an advantage under the twisted dimensions, thus making Marowak an exceptional candidate for a Trick Room team..

cubone-vs-pokemon-o.gif

That's right folks, I'll be giving away 4-5 IV Jolly Cubones, the bestest ground type ever, the only one capable to OHKO things like Carbink. These Cubones also come with Iron Head, a move that completely obliterates those nasty fairies and does a ton of neutral damage.

I would like to have one of those, but I won't be home/near wifi until like 10 pm EST. Anyway I can have one reserved?

MicH

cubone-vs-pokemon-o.gif

I definitely need one of these :eek: Awesome gif too!

I'm currently at work but will be home in less 3 hours

Koppai

Finally I can join in without being lost in the shuffle!

I wonder how long Nintendo is gonna take to give us PokéBank & Transfer :(

I still have yet to find a shiny :(

Apparently Game Informer has an interview with Masuda about XY, anyone seen it yet? I've seen a few scans posted elsewhere.

Such as they asked him about Espurr's "troubled past" (which he joked about) and revealed Mana Ibe designed Klefki to fit the lore of Kalos, which makes me wonder if it'll have more presence in later games like Rotom.
There's definitely something weird going on with Klefki. I see no earthly reason why they're giving it this year's Pikachu short.

Sure, I'll reserve you guys one. There's also some Cubones with Rock Head if anybody wants to Skull Bash to death other teams :)

Thanks a bunch! I'll message you my game info stuff in just a bit. Have to change tabs in my browser back over to my work junk and continue "working".

Ducktail

cubone-vs-pokemon-o.gif

I would like one, but I'm on 3G... so I'm not sure how well this would go :)

inky

Hi guys. So, I bought this game the other day, and have been playing on and off. My only question is, I'm about 10 hours in and I have only beaten 2 gym leaders I think. Is this normal? I don't think I'm going slow or anything, I haven't lost, don't backtrack, etc. I haven't played a Pokemon game in a very long time (GBA era or before) and it definitely felt different from what I remember.

Not complaining or anything. Loving the game so far. I was just curious.
Also, superior X version ftw :p

joelseph

So, I bought this game the other day, and have been playing on and off. My only question is, I'm about 10 hours in and I have only beaten 2 gym leaders I think. Is this normal?

The games pacing is so strange, you are exactly where you need to be. The gap between gyms 2 and 3 is huge and then it's a short sprint to the championship.

cubone-vs-pokemon-o.gif

Please?

Aggrotek

cubone-vs-pokemon-o.gif

I'll take one. :D

Tiamant

Okay I'll be adding everyone now, My IGN name is Alv and the FC is 1263-5864-8502. Just hit me with a trade request because I don't know why some of you appear at the passerby list :/

onslack

Hi guys. So, I bought this game the other day, and have been playing on and off. My only question is, I'm about 10 hours in and I have only beaten 2 gym leaders I think. Is this normal? I don't think I'm going slow or anything, I haven't lost, don't backtrack, etc. I haven't played a Pokemon game in a very long time (GBA era or before) and it definitely felt different from what I remember.

Not complaining or anything. Loving the game so far. I was just curious.
Also, superior X version ftw :p

I'm sure i beat the 2nd gym around the same time, I'd done 70hrs+- before i beat the E4

Top Bottom