• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

lupinko

Ugggh my internet wants to crap out on me right when I was about to beat this scrub. So mad right now

Edit: It did it again! Auggggggh

I believe you need to be the movie theaters where its being distributed in. Assuming you live in Japan anyway

Yep, in theatre wifi, the movie is preceded and followed by a clip of Serena and Bonnie telling anf reminding you to not forget to get Diancie and the freebie game's Masterball quest.

It's a Japan only movie event right now.

Yep, tho I read somewhere it's going to Korea soon.

Muku

Is the only way to breed a 5iv flawless or 6iv Pikachu with volt tackle to breed two 6iv parents, an everstone for the ditto or one of the pikachus and the female,holding that item that gives the move?

Yes. Though guess one of the parents could be 5IV, just might get more lower IVs than you'd care for.

I spent time getting one with Volt Tackle and it was a pain in the ass. You could have them hold the Everstone + Light Ball combo. But then you're left to luck on IVs. When I bred for mine I ran with Destiny Knot + Light Ball. But I also didn't have a 6IV Volt Tackle Pikachu I was breeding with. Think it was maybe 5 at best, which is why I went with Destiny Knot. I had to keep going until I got lucky with nature I wanted. (Fortunately the IVs on first one that came out way I wanted to were fine.)

lupinko

Ah ok that's good to know, so anyway I got back from the movies today and the pokemon were still out.

anzBLfB.jpg

kCgciQR.jpg

0KpDbM6.jpg

Yes. Though guess one of the parents could be 5IV, just might get more lower IVs than you'd care for.

I spent time getting one with Volt Tackle and it was a pain in the ass. You could have them hold the Everstone + Light Ball combo. But then you're left to luck on IVs. When I bred for mine I ran with Destiny Knot + Light Ball. But I also didn't have a 6IV Volt Tackle Pikachu I was breeding with. Think it was maybe 5 at best, which is why I went with Destiny Knot. I had to keep going until I got lucky with nature I wanted. (Fortunately the IVs on first one that came out way I wanted to were fine.)

Personally I would go for light ball + everstone(hasty or naive) on the logic that Pikachu only needs 3 stats anyway(Atk, SAtk and Speed). The other IVs are pretty much inconsequential anyway because it will die to everything it's hit by regardless.

@Lupinko: That Fennekin knows what it has done.

JoeM86

Running 8 for 8 in this Battle Competition. Think I may stop. Have over 1500 in my score, and had some spectacular battles. It's fun destroying teams with legendaries with my team of seldom used Pokémon (and Tyranitar).

ramparter

Banned
New to the party, just started, have one badge so far.

Any tips for the noob?

My team: Fennekin, Psyduck, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Fletchling

Any suggestions? I'm completely open.

I don't know anyone (in real life) playing the game right now. What do I gain from using online? Should I post my friend code here or use the other thread? Pal user here btw.

edit: Forgot to mention, Pokemon Y.

New to the party, just started, have one badge so far.

Any tips for the noob?

My team: Fennekin, Psyduck, Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Fletchling

Any suggestions? I'm completely open.

I don't know anyone (in real life) playing the game right now. What do I gain from using online? Should I post my friend code here or use the other thread? Pal user here btw.

edit: Forgot to mention, Pokemon Y.

Just play and have fun. The game isn't too difficult, once you beat it you can start worrying about getting perfect Pokémon and other grindy business. :lol

ramparter

Banned
Just play and have fun. The game isn't too difficult, once you beat it you can start worrying about getting perfect Pokémon and other grindy business. :lol

Actually that's what I'm into anyway so that's why I asked here instead of looking into pro guides, gamefaqs and stuff.

Btw the game looks beautiful, really like how it resembles the anime. I'm glad they didn't follow the colosseum 3d approach.

Muku

Wish my theater had awesome Pokemon out. :( Their Pokemon stuff they were selling wasn't all that interesting either. Plus going to Pokemon Center next week and felt like money was probably best saved for then.

Personally I would go for light ball + everstone(hasty or naive) on the logic that Pikachu only needs 3 stats anyway(Atk, SAtk and Speed). The other IVs are pretty much inconsequential anyway because it will die to everything it's hit by regardless.

@Lupinko: That Fennekin knows what it has done.

True, but I used extras of that to breed other offshoots of Pikachu I wanted to play with too, so ultimately it was my start and mostly end for breeding Pikachu. Plus the extras were like candy to trade. xD Didn't last long. (Well, ones with Lightning Rod anyway, which I had a boatload of.)

But also depends on how you want to roll with the Pikachu. I want to think I went Adamant (but don't recall off hand). But I also bred a Modest one. I'm always up for trying new/different things than I normally play with, so I had a wide array of Pikachus at end of it all. But yeah, Pikachu is pretty much a glass cannon. :/

Kyokko

Neo Member
Speaking of HA Eevee anyone have a female in a dreamball with HA? I have a female dreamball one but it doesn't have HA.

If not I'll just roll premier ball HA since I have a Eevee FS.

I have a clone of the one I caught in White. It's modest and has no IVs, but if you want it I'd be glad to give it to you!

lupinko

I have a clone of the one I caught in White. It's modest and has no IVs, but if you want it I'd be glad to give it to you!

Yessss, you're the best!

We all know the best ball is the DreamBall, since it's so dreamy. Do you have a scrafty HA in a DreamBall too? Same goes with Bagon/Shelgon HA? :D

L.O.R.D

it appear there is another save editor , worth then powersave
its called Cyber Gadget , but it only work for Japanese 3DS game only

some one made a tool to edit the pokemon , just like pokeGen , but i think not advanced like it
5006.png

i don't think pokemon edited with this tool will be trade able online
but i think you can battle normal battle online
online is screwed

it appear there is another save editor , worth then powersave
its called Cyber Gadget , but it only work for Japanese 3DS game only

some one made a tool to edit the pokemon , just like pokeGen , but i think not advanced like it
5006.png

online is screwed

Hope GF can block this before it becomes to widespread. They seemed to be rather quick in dealing with that earlier tool

Muku

But earlier tool was only what, packet sniffing to see someones team before the match (was it?) and detecting # to obtain as shiny. Don't think there was any actual editing, was there? Though this... I hope they stop it soon!

Edit: So... the Pikachu in Minato Mirai is going to be a surfing Pikachu? Freaking sweet. Though.. thought it also started on August 1st. Hm... well that means plans for this week I guess got a bit simple then if it doesn't start 'til August 9th. I'm hoping that is correct.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Again, I have to publicly proclaim – despite the fact that everyone already knows this – that Muku is the best. Just sent me a Vivillon I didn't have. Living Dex back in progress.

Muku

Again, I have to publicly proclaim – despite the fact that everyone already knows this – that Muku is the best. Just sent me a Vivillon I didn't have. Living Dex back in progress.

:D You're welcome! It was either the Sandstorm or the one lone Monsoon Scatterbug I had on there. But I figured I'd give you an old Vivillon I used for a bit. :) Glad to know it has a good home now (instead of fodder on GTS).

Thank you so much for the two you gave me. You didn't have to. I didn't have either so they're both going to be in my living shiny dex!

Edit: Man, reading about this Pikachu Outbreakchuu thing sounds awesome. Going to have Pikachu everywhere! Wish knew more about the Pikachu TCG card they're handing out there. As in how to obtain it. But yeah, guess this week only going to have to visit Yokohama once. Then a couple weeks later visit again. I can deal with that, though was hoping to get it all done in one week. Tomorrow will probably head up there for my birthday Pokemon. :)

Muku

Was thinking Pikachu for birthday Pokemon but they have ブラッキー (Umbreon, but it's called Blackie in Japanese LOL)... Mmm.. Sylveon is also cool. And with all the Pikachu later next month, think I'm going Umbreon. Just love Umbreon for some reason.

I was going to ask which one you went with lupinko, but you said you missed it earlier this year due to settling in, right? :( (Though, what one you going for next year?)

lupinko

Was thinking Pikachu for birthday Pokemon but they have ブラッキー (Umbreon, but it's called Blackie in Japanese LOL)... Mmm.. Sylveon is also cool. And with all the Pikachu later next month, think I'm going Umbreon. Just love Umbreon for some reason.

I was going to ask which one you went with lupinko, but you said you missed it earlier this year due to settling in, right? :( (Though, what one you going for next year?)

Yes I missed it earlier this year since my Birthday is in March. I would have went with Glaceon. There is always next year.

But next week is ultra exclusive event in my area, so exclusive that it only happens here. D:

Firestorm

online is screwed

That's super hyperbolic. Nothing that's outside what's normally attainable will make it to online battles. Online is fine.

In regards to pokemon editing, last I heard there isn't a way to reinject edited pokemon into a save, and it only works on saves prior 1.2 which means online is safe since it requires 1.2 to do anything online.

Of course someone would need to dig up full details.

In regards to pokemon editing, last I heard there isn't a way to reinject edited pokemon into a save, and it only works on saves prior 1.2 which means online is safe since it requires 1.2 to do anything online.

Of course someone would need to dig up full details.
That has changed in the last 24 hours or so. A device has come out that lets you put the edited save file back into your cart and Kaphotics went and made sure it worked with that one thing.

lupinko

If you guys are talking about cyber gadget they are the other cheat device company that competes with datel in Japan, I took pics of said devices and backup equivalents as well.

HJo8uV1.jpg

But yeah it's stuff and Datel's powersaves line too, there's also save editors for ps3, psp, vita too I think, etc...

JoeM86

That's super hyperbolic. Nothing that's outside what's normally attainable will make it to online battles. Online is fine.

Doesn't make it right. There should be some sort of block done on them. What they should have done is put a hidden value into it that nobody will notice except the hack checks.

Hacks and RNG abuse ruined Gen V's online and VGC. That's why Kalos Native exists and now this is going to ruin that. It's horrific. Considering they let obviously edited Pokémon through Nationals this year too, I'm starting not to like things again.

Doesn't make it right. There should be some sort of block done on them. What they should have done is put a hidden value into it that nobody will notice except the hack checks.

Hacks and RNG abuse ruined Gen V's online and VGC. That's why Kalos Native exists and now this is going to ruin that. It's horrific. Considering they let obviously edited Pokémon through Nationals this year too, I'm starting not to like things again.

The pokémon format for gen 6 is nearly completely documented. This kind of check wouldn't hold very long.

As long as impossible things are blocked online, and they probably are, I couldn't care less about this.

JoeM86

The pokémon format for gen 6 is nearly completely documented. This kind of check wouldn't hold very long.

As long as impossible things are blocked online, and they probably are, I couldn't care less about this.

I know. It's why we can't have nice things.

Pokémon isn't just about the battling, it's about the training etc. It's not fair to people who legitimately do things for others to just come in with their hacked Pokémon, even if it's legal.

RNG abuse last gen was horrible as it forced so many people to do it just to be able to stay competing. I know many people who did it just because they felt they had to.

If you want to hack, then fine, that's your own business, but if you are to compete in official competitions, then no...do it properly or don't do it at all. That's how I see it.

Muku

Due to the crap in last gen I stopped trading. It became so ridiculous at the hacked Pokemon I was getting it wasn't even fun anymore. I don't want this gen to become like that too. ;_;

I know. It's why we can't have nice things.

Pokémon isn't just about the battling, it's about the training etc. It's not fair to people who legitimately do things for others to just come in with their hacked Pokémon, even if it's legal.

RNG abuse last gen was horrible as it forced so many people to do it just to be able to stay competing. I know many people who did it just because they felt they had to.

If you want to hack, then fine, that's your own business, but if you are to compete in official competitions, then no...do it properly or don't do it at all. That's how I see it.

While I mostly agree there's one thing that I want to note. If there hadn't been RNG abuse people would still have tried for the most optimal 'mon through conventional means. The only difference would have been that the standard for what was good would have been lower(the classic 31/x/25+/31/25+/31 and such). Additionally the time expense to get to this "lower" standard would have been greater.

JoeM86

Due to the crap in last gen I stopped trading. It became so ridiculous at the hacked Pokemon I was getting it wasn't even fun anymore. I don't want this gen to become like that too. ;_;

That's another thing, too. I have a zero tolerance policy on my site, but they still got through. It's horrific.

While I mostly agree there's one thing that I want to note. If there hadn't been RNG abuse people would still have tried for the most optimal 'mon through conventional means. The only difference would have been that the standard for what was good would have been lower(the classic 31/x/25+/31/25+/31 and such). Additionally the time expense to get to this "lower" standard would have been greater.

You say that like it's a bad thing :p

I would just like to say that RNGing in any game that isn't BW1 is cancerous and I'm glad I don't have to do that bullshit anymore to get perfect mons.

Umbreon sounds like a neat choice : )

If I could choose, I'd go for Sylveon. Although, with luck, I should be getting one next month from a person on vacation in Japan ^^

On the subject of Pikachu, there was one thing I was unsure about. So there are 5 nicknamed Pikachus being distributed, but can you potentially pick up all 5 in one save file or only one?

There's this line on the official site that's confusing me:

※イベント開催期間中、1つのソフトに対して、ピカチュウ1種類につき1匹ずつ受け取ることができます。

Kyokko

Neo Member
On the subject of Pikachu, there was one thing I was unsure about. So there are 5 nicknamed Pikachus being distributed, but can you potentially pick up all 5 in one save file or only one?

There's this line on the official site that's confusing me:

You can get all five on one file is what I got from it, but I'm not entirely sure. Also, the Pacifico Pikachu appears to only be available on the 16th and 17th.

Wanace

Is there any possible way that an Ambipom can use Fake Out which outspeeds a Talonflame's Quick Guard?

I battled a guy today and his Ambipom and Honchkrow leads versus my Dragonite and Talonflame.

I saw the Fake Out coming so I used Quick Guard but he outsped me? It hit me first. I thought Quick Guard had higher priority.

My Talonflame is Adamant with max speed EVs. 31 IVs of course. Holding a Lum Berry. His Ambipom wasn't holding a Choice Scarf or anything as far as I know, but it's possible.

fek

Is there any possible way that an Ambipom can use Fake Out which outspeeds a Talonflame's Quick Guard?

I battled a guy today and his Ambipom and Honchkrow leads versus my Dragonite and Talonflame.

I saw the Fake Out coming so I used Quick Guard but he outsped me? It hit me first. I thought Quick Guard had higher priority.

My Talonflame is Adamant with max speed EVs. 31 IVs of course. Holding a Lum Berry. His Ambipom wasn't holding a Choice Scarf or anything as far as I know, but it's possible.
It's the same priority (+3), jolly Ambipom is faster than adamant Talonflame

JoeM86

Quick Guard and Fake Out both have the same Speed priority, +3.

Top Bottom