• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

So how's ORAS? I haven't gotten it yet, but I need to before that Beldum poofs.

Depends really who you talk to. R/S generation was my least favorite generation for multiple reasons. Most of all the water world deal. Granted, I'm not that far into the game yet, as I'm trying to SR a Shiny Latias which has become a rel pain in the rear. However, I'm like what 4 or 5 badges in? So far it's okay I guess. DexNav is kind of cool once you figure out how it works.

Did you ever play R/S/E? There are some points where you don't have to backtrack like you normally would, just auto takes you there. Still have to have an HM water slave (Dive, Waterfall, Surf) as well as a normal HM slave. Story has been changed a bit, but don't wanna dive too much into that as to potentially spoil anything for ya. So it's a remake but with some different things. Bases have been revamped and made more robust. Contests are a lot more fancy. But most of that stuff I don't get into other than dabbling just to see what did change.

It's okay thus far for a remake, but hard to give a strong opinion one way or another right now. Though benefit is that some legendaries are no longer shiny locked
which is going to be the end of me LOL
which is cool if you're into that.

Muku

I agree, I'll go do that now. Greninja is cooler than Gekkouga anyway.

I might flip flop and go Japanese after all.

I shouldn't overdo the WCs on the eshop I guess. Lol

It's funny because I was going on name on that. xD I love the English name over Japanese.

How do you get the Smash Greninja anyway?

lupinko

It's funny because I was going on name on that. xD I love the English name over Japanese.

How do you get the Smash Greninja anyway?

If you had Smash 3ds and OR or AS registered on Japanese CN, they also give you a GBC game.

I'll put him on my Japanese AS cart I guess. I have to spread these around, haha.

Muku

If you had Smash 3ds and OR or AS registered on Japanese CN, they also give you a GBC game.

I'll put him on my Japanese AS cart I guess. I have to spread these around, haha.

Ah, thought that might be the case. No way I'd buy Smash on 3DS. Though I guess PC shinies are coming up soon. :eek:

lupinko

Ah, thought that might be the case. No way I'd buy Smash on 3DS. Though I guess PC shinies are coming up soon. :eek:

Pics from ORAS thread.

rE7Imapl.jpg

bbRzjM8l.jpg

9vfU374l.jpg

Yes that's my second set of pokemon scrap. :D

Yep on shinies, I hope Mega Yzardchu is at my local PC too.

lupinko

Oh right, there is a lotto for the PC n3ds Kyogre Groudon at Lawson. It's not as cool as your Charizard, but hey I'll try it. Lol

Muku

Oh right, there is a lotto for the PC n3ds Kyogre Groudon at Lawson. It's not as cool as your Charizard, but hey I'll try it. Lol

Oh snap... I wonder if that's all Lawsons or not. One by my house never has anything good. It's rare they have lotto stuff at all. Last one was some One Piece thing. Bleh.

Should totally try. Now I'm curious to go Lawson hunting, haha. I dunno if it's my area or what, but Lawson rarely have that kinda stuff. Now 711 on the other hand...

My dream of also having a US Charizard 3DS is gone. Since they announced new 3DS's next year, pretty much figure that's outta the window. Makes me sad. ;_;

Muku

Got a shiny modest Eevee in a trade, what should I evolve it to? It's Run away, really for a shiny dex.

Eww run away. Which forms don't you have? I'd go Umbreon or Sylveon to start. (Espeon, which I still don't have, will be last. Dat green.)

lupinko

Eww run away. Which forms don't you have? I'd go Umbreon or Sylveon to start. (Espeon, which I still don't have, will be last. Dat green.)

I think someone gave me a Timid 5iv flawless shiny with HA but I'm keeping that as an Eevee.

What goes well with this wild shiny modest Eevee?

I would give an actual movelist, wait I'll go Sylveon!

It's just high friendship right to evolve?

Edit: or Vaporeon, hmmm.

Just two more days until shiny Yzard and Pikachu!

Also I don't have any shiny eevolutions, well legit since the jolteon via trade was really bogus.

Hollycat

I managed to get a 6iv eevee (calm adaptability), and now I need to decide what to eevolve it into.
I already have a pretty strong sylveon and a good espeon....

Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, or Vaporeon. hmmm....

Muku

I think someone gave me a Timid 5iv flawless shiny with HA but I'm keeping that as an Eevee.

What goes well with this wild shiny modest Eevee?

I would give an actual movelist, wait I'll go Sylveon!

It's just high friendship right to evolve?

Edit: or Vaporeon, hmmm.

Just two more days until shiny Yzard and Pikachu!

Also I don't have any shiny eevolutions, well legit since the jolteon via trade was really bogus.

Yeah, get it to what, two hearts is it? Then go out and level it.

Yeah, get it to what, two hearts is it? Then go out and level it.
Don't forget having a fairy move as well when you level.

But yeah Modest Eevee makes me think the slower ones so Glaceon or Sylveon and in terms of Shiny Colgate Sylveon is cooler than bluer Glaceon...shame Sylveon misses out on Pixilate.

I managed to get a 6iv eevee (calm adaptability), and now I need to decide what to eevolve it into.
I already have a pretty strong sylveon and a good espeon....

Umbreon, Leafeon, Glaceon, or Vaporeon. hmmm....
Calm nature benefits the tankier ones so Umbreon or Vapoureon would be my choices there.

I bred a full set of Eevee a few weeks back. Well helped by a 6IV female I got from wonder trade as getting my luxury ball HA one to 6IV was around 1/300.

lupinko

Was that mine, lupinko? Sorry! If it makes you feel any better, it was the first shiny I have ever caught. Which evolution did you opt for in the end?

I don't think it's worthless, and that's cool!

Cute Charm has its uses, I'll go Sylveon.

Just for trophy purposes, I'll give it moonblast, baton pass, calm mind, and something. Lol

I'm still SRing for Latias in AS still. Lol

teeny

I don't think it's worthless, and that's cool!

Cute Charm has its uses, I'll go Sylveon.

Just for trophy purposes, I'll give it moonblast, baton pass, calm mind, and something. Lol

I'm still SRing for Latias in AS still. Lol

That's good, I'm glad you're getting some use out of it. I was thinking I might evolve it into a Sylveon eventually, but then it just sat in bank forever.

Maybe when my living dex is complete I'll move on to a shiny dex. But then there will probably be other games out with new mons. I hope the next gen is like black/white.

Muku

That's good, I'm glad you're getting some use out of it. I was thinking I might evolve it into a Sylveon eventually, but then it just sat in bank forever.

Maybe when my living dex is complete I'll move on to a shiny dex. But then there will probably be other games out with new mons. I hope the next gen is like black/white.

Next logical step is shiny dex. Though you could also do an alternate forme dex type deal too. All the forms of Vivillon, Sawsbuck, etc. I sort of do the forme thing, but mostly work on the shiny dex these days. Shiny dex is going to be so much cooler being able to get a lot of these legendaries as legit shinies. Yeah, I'm seriously going to punish myself to do that. But only on one game. Others probably will reset just enough for decent nature/IVs.

Don't forget having a fairy move as well when you level.

I always forget that and Serebii's evolution arrow doesn't make it too obvious. I'll be like "hmm, I don't remember Eevee taking this long to evolve..."

Also, got this cute lil' critter a few days ago. Was starting to lose hope I'd ever get one (from this distribution).

pachirisu.png

Don't worry, I'll reserve a bunch for anybody with IOUs when/if this event reaches the UK.

teeny

Next logical step is shiny dex. Though you could also do an alternate forme dex type deal too. All the forms of Vivillon, Sawsbuck, etc. I sort of do the forme thing, but mostly work on the shiny dex these days. Shiny dex is going to be so much cooler being able to get a lot of these legendaries as legit shinies. Yeah, I'm seriously going to punish myself to do that. But only on one game. Others probably will reset just enough for decent nature/IVs.

I started collecting the different forms just randomly, the way I have been with shinies so far. I'm using them to trade for the last few Pokemon I need for the living dex though.

I agree a shiny dex will be amazing but the time investment is probably huge. How big is your shiny collection atm?

I always forget that and Serebii's evolution arrow doesn't make it too obvious. I'll be like "hmm, I don't remember Eevee taking this long to evolve..."

Also, got this cute lil' critter a few days ago. Was starting to lose hope I'd ever get one (from this distribution).

pachirisu.png

Don't worry, I'll reserve a bunch for anybody with IOUs when/if this event reaches the UK.

But does it come with the right date :)

Muku

I started collecting the different forms just randomly, the way I have been with shinies so far. I'm using them to trade for the last few Pokemon I need for the living dex though.

I agree a shiny dex will be amazing but the time investment is probably huge. How big is your shiny collection atm?

Mmm a bit over 125 at the moment I believe. Kind of tempted to do alternate form shinies too, but we'll see. Mainly due to the fact I have a shiny Sandstorm Scatterbug and a shiny Monsoon Scatterbug. Maybe it'll just become a shiny Vivillon collection in the end.

Most I got in trades, a handful I've bred myself. Only a few I've found in the wild myself. (Includes my red Gyarados from SS, because I believe in bringing up old friends.) Some are from events that I know are legit like shiny Tanabata Jirachi and Shiny Gengar. I imagine most of the legendaries I have are hacked/cloned. Think I may only have one legit one from an old GameStop promo, but not sure. Would have to look into it.

It's been fun. Unfortunately gave away a bunch of legendary shines before I started the shiny dex
thinking after I finished my dex I wouldn't want to haha
that I got from random trading. xD But it's all good. I'll get them back with AS and SRing.

pachirisu.png

now you have to win a VGC tournament using it :p

If I reset my X game and start a replay once I've carried everything over to ORAS, will it still sync with Game Sync?

Heck, can you even reset the games anymore?

Muku

If I reset my X game and start a replay once I've carried everything over to ORAS, will it still sync with Game Sync?

Heck, can you even reset the games anymore?

You can totally restart them and start with a fresh game. Had to do that with Y initially becuase I forgot to set a region I wanted Vivillon pattern wise. Think it's what, Up + B + X all at the same time on title screen. And from what I recall, you'll have to set your game up again to your trainer account once you restart it.

You can totally restart them and start with a fresh game. Had to do that with Y initially becuase I forgot to set a region I wanted Vivillon pattern wise. Think it's what, Up + B + X all at the same time on title screen. And from what I recall, you'll have to set your game up again to your trainer account once you restart it.

Sweet. Gonna do a replay of X as relaxation while studying during the coming weeks.

lupinko

I have this Diancie right now, impish.

30–31 HP; 30–31/30–31 Physical; 24–25/30–31 Special; 10–11 Speed

Looks pretty good, and I have a bunch more to go with. Keep?

Edit: I also picked up another 8 sandwiches, looking for the curry or the veggie snacks now since they give more cards.

I ended up keeping it.

Muku

I have this Diancie right now, impish.

30–31 HP; 30–31/30–31 Physical; 24–25/30–31 Special; 10–11 Speed

Looks pretty good, and I have a bunch more to go with. Keep?

Edit: I also picked up another 8 sandwiches, looking for the curry or the veggie snacks now since they give more cards.

I ended up keeping it.

You must like those snacks, haha.

You know, after seeing the ending battle and cutscene, I really wish there was more of AZ in the story. I feel like there could have been much more depth to it! >_<

And I also can't help but wonder how amazing Black and White would have looked with the X/Y engine... Is it too soon to want a remake? :/

MicH

You know, after seeing the ending battle and cutscene, I really wish there was more of AZ in the story. I feel like there could have been much more depth to it! >_<

And I also can't help but wonder how amazing Black and White would have looked with the X/Y engine... Is it too soon to want a remake? :/
There's a bit more story about AZ in ORAS, so definitely check those out

Muku

Think it's a bit soon for B/W remake. But I really enjoyed B/W... so I look forward to day we get those remade.

There's a bit more story about AZ in ORAS, so definitely check those out
Is there now....? Interesting. I have yet to really start my copy of OR (curse you finals!!!) but I look forward to getting to that!

I'm guessing Pokémon Z will be a thing... Right? Zinnia? Maybe? Hmmmm... Whatever it ends up being, maybe that'll be our great story! (Because yes, I actually care about and like good story in my Pokémon games.)

Faenix1

Depends really who you talk to. R/S generation was my least favorite generation for multiple reasons. Most of all the water world deal. Granted, I'm not that far into the game yet, as I'm trying to SR a Shiny Latias which has become a rel pain in the rear. However, I'm like what 4 or 5 badges in? So far it's okay I guess. DexNav is kind of cool once you figure out how it works.

Did you ever play R/S/E? There are some points where you don't have to backtrack like you normally would, just auto takes you there. Still have to have an HM water slave (Dive, Waterfall, Surf) as well as a normal HM slave. Story has been changed a bit, but don't wanna dive too much into that as to potentially spoil anything for ya. So it's a remake but with some different things. Bases have been revamped and made more robust. Contests are a lot more fancy. But most of that stuff I don't get into other than dabbling just to see what did change.

It's okay thus far for a remake, but hard to give a strong opinion one way or another right now. Though benefit is that some legendaries are no longer shiny locked
which is going to be the end of me LOL
which is cool if you're into that.

Really late reply, but I've never played third gen. I stopped playing Pokemon at Crystal and then I've had nothing to do with the franchise until Pokemon X.

Wish one day we'd get some kind of "Pokemon World" game that covers all the territories from the games and have some kind of huge journey,

CzarTim

Hey guys, I just got a 2DS and Y is my first Pokémon game since Red. I was wondering what I should be looking for in trades? Sometimes people ask to trade with me and I have zero idea what they are looking to get out of it, and I'm not sure what I should want either. Any tips?

one_kill

Hey guys, I just got a 2DS and Y is my first Pokémon game since Red. I was wondering what I should be looking for in trades? Sometimes people ask to trade with me and I have zero idea what they are looking to get out of it, and I'm not sure what I should want either. Any tips?
Since you just started playing again, just ignore the trades. They'll most likely be looking for legendaries or breeding rejects; Pokemon which you don't have.

As for what you should be looking for... well, I'd worry about that after finishing the game. It's always hard to dive into Pokemon trying to get all of 'em as soon as possible. It's better to take it in strides then, if you want, work on completing your Pokedex. Besides, XY offers a lot of variety from the start so you'll have a lot to discover.

Also, if you're looking for any particular Pokemon - granted it's not obscure like an event or legendary - a lot of posters here like to help. I recommend posting in the ORAS thread instead of this since much of PokeGAF have moved on.

CzarTim

Since you just started playing again, just ignore the trades. They'll most likely be looking for legendaries or breeding rejects; Pokemon which you don't have.

As for what you should be looking for... well, I'd worry about that after finishing the game. It's always hard to dive into Pokemon trying to get all of 'em as soon as possible. It's better to take it in strides then, if you want, work on completing your Pokedex. Besides, XY offers a lot of variety from the start so you'll have a lot to discover.

Also, if you're looking for any particular Pokemon - granted it's not obscure like an event or legendary - a lot of posters here like to help. I recommend posting in the ORAS thread instead of this since much of PokeGAF have moved on.

Awesome, thanks a bunch!

celebi23

I've got a small request: might anyone be able to help me trade over a Charmander egg from my copy of X to my copy of Omega Ruby? Trying to finish up my Secret Base team :p Shoot me a PM if you can lend a hand. Thanks!

lupinko

I figure it would be lost in the ORAS thread and the community thread just goes over Pokemon as a whole. But I need suggestions on what to do with my pair of shiny mild Lati@s. So far I have these, for Latios, I just took the smogon DD build but because my Latios is mild instead of naive, I wonder if moving the spe EVs over to spA is a better idea. For Latias it's just something I came up with to make due with what was given, actually that applies to Latios as well haha, any suggestions would be great.

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe or 4 HP
Mild Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

The original spread had maxed Spe but mild is -Def so I figured why not have a loaded Draco Meteor with the SpA boost. I don't know what to do with the remaining EVs.

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 152 Atk / 100 HP
Mild Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunderbolt
- Zen Headbutt
- Recover / Roost / Protect / Earthquake

Two STAB moves in Dragon Pulse and Zen Headbutt, the latter makes use of the mixed nature while also having flinch chance. Ice Beam is kinda redundant with DP around. I'm not sure what to do with the last move. I just powered up ZHB while giving Latias some added bulk in HP.

Lombax

Banned
Morning all.

I started playing Pokemon Y on the 3DS yesterday. This is the first Pokemon game I have ever played, and enjoy it thus far.

On thing I can not figure out in the UI is this:

I have captured more than 6 Pokemon and others that I capture go into 'Box 1'. My question is this. How do I move the Pokemon from this Box into my normal rotation?
I honestly can't figure it out, but I am really early in the game. [for reference I just exited the first forest].

Thank you.

JoeM86

Morning all.

I started playing Pokemon Y on the 3DS yesterday. This is the first Pokemon game I have ever played, and enjoy it thus far.

On thing I can not figure out in the UI is this:

I have captured more than 6 Pokemon and others that I capture go into 'Box 1'. My question is this. How do I move the Pokemon from this Box into my normal rotation?
I honestly can't figure it out, but I am really early in the game. [for reference I just exited the first forest].

Thank you.

Go to the PC in a Pokémon Centre and select Organize Boxes. Then, you can literally drag and drop it into your party. Alternatively, you can deposit a Pokémon from your party and then select withdraw.

Lombax

Banned
Go to the PC in a Pokémon Centre and select Organize Boxes. Then, you can literally drag and drop it into your party. Alternatively, you can deposit a Pokémon from your party and then select withdraw.

Cool thank you for the information.

Lombax

Banned
One other question. Today when I got off the train I put my 3DS into sleep mode with Pokemon Y running. By the time I got back on the train this afternoon to head home my battery was nearly drained?

I have not had this problem ever and the 3DS is just over a year old, just wondering if the game is doing something to drain the system faster.

Thank you.

dc89

So I'm trying to box off everything to do in X before moving on to Saphire.

I can't seem to find Moltres. I have done everything in the game now except catch this thing and the Pokemon who is at the bottom of that cave (I forget it's name).

I read that Moltres should appear in any bush after beating the elite four. 50 encounters later and nope. ?

What gives?

Top Bottom