• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Muku

I haven't tried it yet, but I would try on something I don't care about (potions). And the Groudon sandwiches aren't bad. You could at least try that.

I have three Japanese games anyway to use so I'm good.

I imagine they'd probably let the potions slide 'cuz it's just potions. But if there was a limit they'd nix it at the Pokemon itself. Even if you got a code and tried it on a game (if they limit one per) all you'd get is a message saying you couldn't get anymore. Code would still be good. Accidentally did that with one of my serial codes for something, can't remember what. Had to go to another game and redeem it in.

The jam doesn't even sound all that tasty either. I think a lot of their little snacky things like that look awful. Don't get me started walking through local grocery stores bakery. Blargh.

Edit: Just curious about the limit they allow. Just wondering if somehow I end up with another round whether I should use it or keep code and trade the code itself. (I imagine latter would be better, but finding someone who would want it that also has a JPN 3DS might be tricky.)

lupinko

Lol ok about the food.

Anyway I'm not going to bother risking it sorry. It's paid DLC that I don't want to bother risking, I still remember that lbp Kratos code, ugh.

And it would be from the same server accessing the code. I don't think you can even use the double pack codes on one save. I haven't tried but eh not going to risk it.

Another reason is I want my second batch to be in Japanese.

Cross post of DLC pics. http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=141085855

Edit:

I read about posts recently with regards to fatigue. I think I got over it because the mindset I have for playing the games is like I'm playing a MMO or loot game. Basically the games to me are WoW / Diablo / Borderlands / PSO.

Since last October, I've beaten X/White/Pearl/LG/Emerald and am currently playing AS with another Emerald and also OR started along with currently playing Diamond/White 2/Y. I am going to start that Ruby run because of that adamant 31/31/30/31/31/6-7 shiny spread I RNG'ed with the TID/SID abuse.

If I didn't have the loot MMO mentality and being involved in the breeding / trading / battling metagame, I would be so bored and hate the games.

That's actually what killed pokemon for me back when I was a kid with Blue. LOL

Also for the cartoon since Ash just kept doing the same shit over and over.

What's the community's take on this?

In The Games Department
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire - Japanese Event
Two special event distributions were announced today for Japan. To celebrate the grand finale of the current Pokémon Center in Tokyo, before a new one, Pokémon Center Mega Tokyo opens later this month, two event Pokémon are to be distributed at the Pokémon Center Tokyo this weekend. The first will be on this Saturday December 6th and will offer a Level 7 Piplup for download. Then, on Sunday December 7th, a special Level 7 Froakie will be available.

(still avoiding the ORAS thread hope it's not old).

one_kill

So does your rival stop fighting you at some point? Serena in my Y cart won't challenge me any longer.

In other news, almost done with living dex. I thought it would be more time consuming to do, but it went by pretty quickly. Only annoyance is how long the hatching sequence is.

So does your rival stop fighting you at some point? Serena in my Y cart won't challenge me any longer.

In other news, almost done with living dex. I thought it would be more time consuming to do, but it went by pretty quickly. Only annoyance is how long the hatching sequence is.
I've noticed I no longer get the Prism scale in Courier town. I had pinned it down to swapping 3DS systems (that tends to mess with time based events for a few days). I can still get lotto tickets and fight the rival though.

Egg hatching animation is 20 seconds. In other words in a typical run of hatching o-power for me a third of the power is wasted there.

Hey guys, I'm running through ruby right now and am getting ready to start forming a new battle team. How crucially important is IV training? I've never really bothered besides having pre bred pokes traded to me and I've done pretty well in the random match ups in XY.

Or better question, do you think people would be willing to trade perfect IV pokes for decent natured legendaries I can catch in game? I just don't want to breed, I've always found it so very tedious.

Crossposting from the pokemon general thread;
Does anyone have a 5-6 IV lotad/lombre/ludicolo that's not from NA for breeding a shiny? I think either gender should work, but if it's female I'd prefer swift swim and a nice pokeball.

one_kill

Hey guys, I'm running through ruby right now and am getting ready to start forming a new battle team. How crucially important is IV training? I've never really bothered besides having pre bred pokes traded to me and I've done pretty well in the random match ups in XY.

Or better question, do you think people would be willing to trade perfect IV pokes for decent natured legendaries I can catch in game? I just don't want to breed, I've always found it so very tedious.
You don't train IV; you breed it. IVs represent the base potential of a Pokemon. A Pokemon with perfect IVs in the right stat will generally be better than a Pokemon with lower than perfect IVs in the same stat. At the very least, you want Pokemon to have perfect IVs in HP, Def, and SpD, as well as either Att or SpA. Perfect Speed IVs are important for most Pokemon, but some Pokemon/teams benefit from having 0IVs in Speed.

IV breeding is pretty easy so long as you have the right Pokemon and items. A lot of us in PokeGAF have 6IV Dittos, which makes it so much easier to breed 5-6IV Pokemon. You also need a Destiny Knot to guarantee passing down IVs. I recommend scouting here and the ORAS thread if you're looking for one.

I've noticed I no longer get the Prism scale in Courier town. I had pinned it down to swapping 3DS systems (that tends to mess with time based events for a few days). I can still get lotto tickets and fight the rival though.

Egg hatching animation is 20 seconds. In other words in a typical run of hatching o-power for me a third of the power is wasted there.
Yeah, it sucks that the animation doesn't pause o-power usage.

I have a question, I'm trying to get a shiny charmander and I was wondering is the type I get determined when the egg is created or when it hatches? I only play for a few minutes each day so I was wondering if I have to keep getting new eggs all the time or just shut the game off after hatching the 5 eggs.

Yrael

I have a question, I'm trying to get a shiny charmander and I was wondering is the type I get determined when the egg is created or when it hatches? I only play for a few minutes each day so I was wondering if I have to keep getting new eggs all the time or just shut the game off after hatching the 5 eggs.

As far as hatching your own eggs goes, it's when the egg is created.

To be more specific, how it works is that each trainer has a "Shiny ID", and each egg is assigned a "Shiny Value" when it is created. When the egg's SV matches your SID, then the egg will hatch a shiny Pokemon. This means that an egg may actually hatch a shiny Pokemon in your own game when it would have hatched a normal Pokemon in your friend's game. Last year, there was an Instacheck program that exploited this and enabled players of X and Y to get shiny Pokemon easily (Nintendo, however, effectively killed Instacheck with a patch).

lupinko

As far as hatching your own eggs goes, it's when the egg is created.

To be more specific, how it works is that each trainer has a "Shiny ID", and each egg is assigned a "Shiny Value" when it is created. When the egg's SV matches your SID, then the egg will hatch a shiny Pokemon. This means that an egg may actually hatch a shiny Pokemon in your own game when it would have hatched a normal Pokemon in your friend's game. Last year, there was an Instacheck program that exploited this and enabled players of X and Y to get shiny Pokemon easily (Nintendo, however, effectively killed Instacheck with a patch).

SID stands for Secret ID, and nintendo killed the battle viewer, which killed instacheck by similar exploit association.

one_kill

What are you aiming for?
I want a competitive Diancie. Not sure what nature, but as long as it's beneficial. 30-31 in HP, Def, SpD, and either Att or SpA (I'd prefer Att though). Don't care too much about Speed, but close to 0 is better.

So it's going to be a long day lol

I want a competitive Diancie. Not sure what nature, but as long as it's beneficial. 30-31 in HP, Def, SpD, and either Att or SpA (I'd prefer Att though). Don't care too much about Speed, but close to 0 is better.

So it's going to be a long day lol

If you are going for atk I should have a Adamant Diancie 31/31/16-17/10-13/10-11/31

not the best but I can just give it to you.

Ah, thanks for the offer, but you should give that to someone looking for a Diancie
I'm fine SRing for mine... atm lol

Thanks again though :)

sure man just don't drive yourself mad :) you still need to get those ORAS Shiny legends (I really never thought I would be o.k with restarting my console 10,000 to get shinies but I know that is what I am going to do).

one_kill

If you are going for atk I should have a Adamant Diancie 31/31/16-17/10-13/10-11/31

not the best but I can just give it to you.
Ah, thanks for the offer, but you should give that to someone looking for a Diancie
I'm fine SRing for mine... atm lol

Thanks again though :)

Muku

That Diancie SRing this summer was god awful. Ugh. Had three from the movie, and yes I SR'd all three. Couldn't end up with something crappy. :(

Muku

I never have the patience to SR. I do have the patience to chain hunt. But not SR. All the shiny legendaries I got were off wondertrade lol.

Yeah, all the shiny legendaries I have now are from GTS. But, I imagine them most aren't legit in some fashion. That's why I'm taking time to do it in ORAS if they're going to have no lock on 'em. It's boring as hell... I won't lie, but it means in end I'll have my own legit legendaries with me as OT. :D

32XguVZ.jpg

Nice dude!
Shaymin's awesome

Thank you,Yay I love that little cute guy too bad I couldn't get it Sr for IV's.

also everyone (in this barren land) going to get ORAS soon and planning to do my run with one legendary, which should I choose:

1. Shaymin (lvl 15)

2. Manaphy (lvl 1)

3. Celebi (lvl 10; courtesy of lupinko)

4. Keldeo (lvl 15;kind of want to leave UT in case I can get the scrap code one)

the other members of my team are Eevee (Sylveon), Bagon, Adamant Charmander,Horsea

EDIT:Shaymin it is.

Muku

Thank you,Yay I love that little cute guy too bad I couldn't get it Sr for IV's.

also everyone (in this barren land) going to get ORAS soon and planning to do my run with one legendary, which should I choose:

1. Shaymin (lvl 15)

2. Manaphy (lvl 1)

3. Celebi (lvl 10; courtesy of lupinko)

4. Keldeo (lvl 15;kind of want to leave UT in case I can get the scrap code one)

the other members of my team are Eevee (Sylveon), Bagon, Adamant Charmander,Horsea

Shaymin is one I'd use. In fact, when scrap thing starts, will probably use my Shaymin in one of my (probably JPN OR) groups. Used Mew for my US AS run so far. So love Mew.

If anyone have a spare Adamant 4 or 5IV Eevee they want to hand out, let me know!
Bit late, but I got one. Actually, I have a lot of 4 and 5IV Eevees, so if anyone wants one, let me know. Would really appreciate it if someone could help get Superpower on my Flareon too (move tutor at Battle Resort in ORAS) and trade it back.

Also hope they let us change the type of Pokeball our Pokemon are in. All my well-bred Eevees are in their ugly Great Balls. :(

Style

Banned
Bit late, but I got one. Actually, I have a lot of 4 and 5IV Eevees, so if anyone wants one, let me know. Would really appreciate it if someone could help get Superpower on my Flareon too (move tutor at Battle Resort in ORAS) and trade it back.

Also hope they let us change the type of Pokeball our Pokemon are in. All my well-bred Eevees are in their ugly Great Balls. :(

I haven't made it so far in to Alpha Sapphire yet, so I can't help with the Move Tutor. :<

Top Bottom