• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT4| Don't Bank On It

Hey i'm looking for pokedex completition so if anyone has any legendary that's not available on X&Y that would really help. I don't care about stats, attacks, IVs or other crap at all, i just need them for pokedex completition. If someone is nice enough to gift me one (even if it's cloned, as i said i only care about getting them to the pokebank, not for competition) that would be awesome, thanks.

one_kill

I'll repost my method for anyone looking to get non Kalos legendaries

1. Breed Elekid or Elygem
2. Offer Elekid or Elygem for Rhyperior or Milotic
3. Offer Rhyperior or Milotic for Xerneas or Yveltal
3a. If Rhyperior isn't working, offer it for a Milotic and repeat the step 3
4. Offer Xerneas or Yveltal for Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres
5. Offer Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres for Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion
6. Offer Terrakion, Virizion, or Cobalion for Entei, Raikou, or Suicune
7. Offer Entei, Raikou, or Suicune for other legendaries

Just note you don't have to go through all the steps to get other legendaries. I'm just highlighting the categories by which people seem to respond to. As for event Pokemon, you'll have to ask people here or try to do random trades with passers-by or acquaintances.

The method above isn't as effective as it once was. It still works, but it doesn't work as fast in the later stages.

SeZMehK

I like saying this over and over again. I hate the RNG in the battle maison. Stupid instant frozen status for my pokes and never thawing out.

Wichu

I'll repost my method for anyone looking to get non Kalos legendaries

1-3 can be skipped by breeding Protean Froakie. Whenever I put up one of my Froakie I always got a Yveltal very quickly.

Recently I've just been offering female Magician Fennekin for Reshiram/Zekrom. Takes a bit longer, but is a lot less hassle.

60 Tentacool eggs and not one Bold nature.

Breed it with another Bold Pokemon in it's egg group holding an everstone. Or a Ditto. I'm sure someone here has a Bold Ditto.

1-3 can be skipped by breeding Protean Froakie. Whenever I put up one of my Froakie I always got a Yveltal very quickly.

Recently I've just been offering female Magician Fennekin for Reshiram/Zekrom. Takes a bit longer, but is a lot less hassle.

People really go for that? lol, I need to use GTS more.

Ilúvatar

I guess I'll give some Pokemon away for the new thread as well.

spiritomb.gif

- All have at least 4 IVs, missing Special Attack and maybe Speed
- Adamant Nature
- Has Infiltrator as its ability
- Comes with the egg move Pain Split
- In a Luxury Ball

mienfoo.gif

- All have 5 IVs, missing Special Attack
- Jolly Nature
- Has Regenerator as its ability
- Comes with the egg move Knock Off
- In a Premier Ball

Both Spiritomb and Mienfoo are limited in number, but I can breed some more.

And I still have a some of Pokemon from my previous giveaways:
feebas.gif
cottonee.gif
koffing.gif
yamask.gif

These sprite gifs can be found here.

If you're interested, send me a PM!

I don't want to be greedy, but could I get a Feebas?

Lebon14

Ilúvatar;97269128 said:
I don't want to be greedy, but could I get a Feebas?

Yeah, can I have one too?
I'll gladly share my 3DS FC in a PM :)

However, I don't think I have something to trade that's worth it though... :( It would be cool if you could just give me one. I don't care for nature or IVs, just for pokedex sake.

one_kill

I gotta try this out!

Thanks for the tips Wichu!

Replying to this here since the old thread is close to closing:

OMG. Can I ask you if you could transfer some pokes over for me? Just a couple? Lol.

Yeah, sure, I wouldn't mind. I have a week left until I have to pony up $5 for the service, so I might as well make use of it.

I hatched two 5IV Jolly Dratini's with Marvel scale as their ability. Problem is the the IV's are 31/x/31/31/31/31. Smh.. I've been trying to breed this thing for two days already.

If someone wants those two Dratini's let me know.

Also if you evolve the Dratini and take them to the move reminder you'll be able to teach them Thunder punch and Fire punch.

Now time for me to get Back to work!

one_kill

Yeah, can I have one too?
I'll gladly share my 3DS FC in a PM :)

However, I don't think I have something to trade that's worth it though... :( It would be cool if you could just give me one. I don't care for nature or IVs, just for pokedex sake.
Dude if it's just for dex, I'll give you one for free
Just trade me any Pokemon you don't want

Tell me your FC and IGN
I'm James and FC is on my profile

Replying to this here since the old thread is close to closing:

Yeah, sure, I wouldn't mind. I have a week left until I have to pony up $5 for the service, so I might as well make use of it.
How long does it take to transfer Pokemon?

LaNaranja

If you gave me a Tentacool I could breed you a bold one real fast. I have Ditto's for every nature.

Do you think you can breed me a calm Poliwag? I have gone throw like 2 boxes and no luck :(

Or a calm male anything in the water 1 egg group.

LaNaranja

Sure thing. Send me a trade request, we should already be friends. IGN is Cody.

Thanks!

Do you want the Kangaskan back? Or would you like something else? I have X exclusive mega stones, and incorrect 5IV Togepis, Squirtles and Snorunt.

Thanks again!!!! Sorry I don't have anything better to give at the moment :(

If you gave me a Tentacool I could breed you a bold one real fast. I have Ditto's for every nature.
Thanks. I might have to take you up on that offer soon.
Breed it with another Bold Pokemon in it's egg group holding an everstone. Or a Ditto. I'm sure someone here has a Bold Ditto.
Amazingly I don't have a single Bold pokemon in the aquatic invertebrate group. At this point I'm breeding a 6IV Tentacool with the 6IV Ditto. I'm starting to feel like I could've caught a Bold Tentacool or Ditto faster than trying to breed one. -_-

Masked Man

I said wow
Still frustrated that Nintendo has yet to do anything about the PokeBank service. I want to transfer my precious Pokemon over to Y right nowwwwww! orz

Tiamant

Cross Poison, a move with 70 power and 10% chance of critical
Poison Fang, a move with 50 power and 50% chance of toxic

What do I pick for my new Crobat?

SeZMehK

About less than five minutes. You can only transfer from Box 1 in the Gen V game, so if you want to transfer more than 30 at a time, I imagine it'd take a while.

Sure. I'll catch some junk pokes to trade in the meantime.

Sorry it is taking a bit. Trying to catch a specific pokemon. Lol

PKrockin

I'm shocked there's no questions about Japanese language options in the FAQ, but...

Can you switch between Japanese and English at any time? And, I assume it has no furigana?

MicH

Hoo boy! I NEED FOUR MORE POKEMON :D

And they all rely on GTS helping me out. Whelp

410 Shieldon
436 Bronzor
540 Sewaddle
599 Klink

EDIT Aw yeah, got Shieldon! THREE TO GO

DaBoss

I'm shocked there's no questions about Japanese language options in the FAQ, but...

Can you switch between Japanese and English at any time? And, I assume it has no furigana?
You can't switch between languages at any time. I don't know what the second question means lol.

No furigana but you can choose between kanji and kana. If you choose JPN your file's stuck with it forever.

PKrockin

You can't switch between languages at any time. I don't know what the second question means lol.

No furigana but you can choose between kanji and kana. If you choose JPN your file's stuck with it forever.

Oh, that's odd... but I guess I can see why. I guess it doesn't matter much anyway. Thanks. Guess I'll be getting this game for practice with low-difficulty Japanese reading. Hopefully X and Y are actually good and different.

Furigana is hiragana/katakana appearing over kanji to help people (kids mostly) pronounce/recognize the kanji.

uPfO67m.gif

Muku

Knew a new thread would start over night for me. But already 5 pages in?! Wow.

Has anyone offered cloning legendaries, God Ditto's, other special Pokemon yet? Was wondering if we could get a list if we have any going on still.

FSLink

Banned
So does the Masuda method in Gen VI work off of language or region? In otherwords, if I have an English Pokemon Y and I play in Japanese, would that work for the Masuda method or would it count as the same region as an English game?

Usobuko

Banned
Cross Poison, a move with 70 power and 10% chance of critical
Poison Fang, a move with 50 power and 50% chance of toxic

What do I pick for my new Crobat?

Is it a Choice Band set? Just realize Poison fang increase the rate by 20% in Gen 6. Personally, since it's still a band set, killing the other guy off is more viable. So I would go with Cross Poison.

Top Bottom