• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon GO launches today in 26 more countries (RIP servers)

Saya

This may just kill the goodwill people had with this game if they don't fix it soon.

Not really. Most people are still excited to play it and understand this can happen to one of the most popular games ever made. It hasn't even been released yet in most countries.

Orca

I only skimmed that, but is that speculative article assuming that Niantic gets none of the revenue? Also, the three companies mentioned didn't invest in "Pokémon GO," technically, they invested in Niantic. The revenue split for the game itself is bound to be a different agreement.

Yeah...they become independent, then three companies invest in Pokemon Go so they'll each get 33.3%...leaving none for the 'independent' company who made it?

javac

Then why is Nintendo acting like this doesn't exist? Last week when I checked, Nintendo.com didn't have even the smallest nod to this game's existence.

Its on the font page of Nintendo.co.uk
ZeqkQdF.jpg
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Smart-device/Pokemon-GO-1112517.html

I guess Nintendo never really forgave us for that Pokemon X and Y releasing early here thing.

But in any case, anyone I know with an Android phone who even has the slightest interest in Go is already playing it anyway. RIP iPhone users who didn't change their store region I guess?

Seik

Banned
Well, fuck Canada anyways. :(

I'm already playing it, of course, but I'd like to try out the newer version instead of being stuck with 0.24

Kouriozan

Everyone in Canada is playing anyways

And if you have an iPhone then that's your fault
Yeah, I'm in France and had an US iTunes account to download it when it was released there but it'd be nice to not have to switch account to update the game.
Since yesterday evening I can't log in though.

baconcow

Not sure why all you Canadians are complaining. Everyone where I live (Halifax) is playing the game since the USA release. They're all over the waterfront. Just make a USA account, switch to USA account, download it, and then switch back to Canada account and play. Android people can just download the APK which is widely available. Both pretty simple as many in my workplace has been playing since day 1.

Everyone in Canada is playing anyways

And if you have an iPhone then that's your fault

Getting it on an iPhone is simple, though.

JDB

Banned
Servers were fine during the day here in the Netherlands, but the servers have been dead all day now since release. :(

AdanVC

Has to be the dumbest thing ever to launch in 26 more countries on a Saturday(busiest day of the week for people wanting to play). That's just a horrible idea when your servers couldn't hold up before.

This! Such a stupid thing really. Nintendo probably told Niantic to launch it today. Nintendo is a master of launching things on the most no-sense days. They used to launch consoles and games on freaking sunday, man...

Apoc87

Banned
My family and i had a whole day planned out to go huntimg since weve all had a hard week. Thia is absolute bullshit!!

Nikokuno

When's France release? Friend of mine came late at work this morning because of Scarabrute / Pinsir, it make me smile to be honest as a guy growing during the big time when PKMN was fucking huge.

test_account

XP-39C²
Nintendo actually owns and good chunk if not most of the IP's on the pokemon themselves, of the 3 partners they have the biggest stake overall when you get into the nitty gritty of it.
Doesnt Nintendo own 32% of Pokemon Company? And do we know how much stocks Google and Nintendo has in Niantic? If Google takes 30% like Apple does from sales done through the game, i wouldnt be surprised if Google makes the most money on this.

Jesus christ why is this in every thread, Nintendo are the majority owners of Pokémon so unless you think niantic stole from Nintendo your logic is pretty dumb. Also Nintendo helped out and their stock has risen nearly 100% since the game released. Surely you can't be so clueless.
Does a company make money from stock price increase?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
waiting for the Brazil launch, although I'm sure the first few days here will be digital hell for the servers.

waiting for the Brazil launch, although I'm sure the first few days here will be digital hell for the servers.

Not gonna happen so soon

Too many people with too many smartphones...

Would be awesome if they could manage an Olympic release, though

I think bigger markets like France, Canada and Japan will come once they really sort their server issues. There is no way they would be able to handle the onslaught from those regions with their current capacity.

Tagyhag

I think bigger markets like France, Canada and Japan will come once they really sort their server issues. There is no way they would be able to handle the onslaught from those regions with their current capacity.

Yep, people thinking that they'll be able to play if all those countries join in at the same time are kidding themselves.

test_account

XP-39C²
No.

If you own a stock, and it increase in value, you dont make any money from it, unless you sell it.
Thanks, thats what i thought. Stocks themself are indeed "worthless" unless they are being sold. Just curious if increase value of a company in terms of stock has any benefits for the company itself.

Top Bottom