• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Remakes Announced for 3DS

braves01

Banned
god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

Omega Beta Ruby

Caramello

Having skipped every Pokémon game after Gold/Silver and coming back with X/Y I'm looking forward to another whole new adventure!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
So, I know no one actually knows, but I'm curious if this is going to be a black2/white2 situation? Judging from the press release, it makes it sound a bit different than a traditional remake.

Hopefully they've worked on the X/Y engine a bit in the meantime.

gosox333

That dude in X/Y was talking about how we'll be seeing his at the time unknown region soon.

Pretty sure that has to come into play somehow here.

VegiHam

They're just using the same engine as before.

If you consider the small Pokedex of XY, they probably just had a lot of time problems due to the move into a 3D models game.

That was one of my OTHER major disappointments with that game.
Here's hoping Omega Ruby doesn't have a terrible plot or that'd be all three. Not sure how you can mess up ruby though...

ec0ec0

so THIS is why they expect to sell 12 million 3ds this year. Like last year, they have pokemon again haha...

i will have to buy this game for my little brother :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Waiting for the day that liking gen 4 will be cool (my fave gen)

Gen 4 remakes are going to be glorious. Without the technical issues Diamond and Pearl will hopefully finally get the recognition they deserve.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome news. This is so out of the blue, though.

Ruby & Sapphire was my favourite generation. Secret bases were the greatest, and that soundtrack was lovely.

-Horizon-

Wait a minute. If they bring over character customization, maybe I can change Brendan's hair to white for real! #GameChanger #NoHats #WhiteHair

Dr. Buni

I hope they don't go and drastically redesign the main characters. The removal of Kris in Hg/Ss was the worst.
I hope they drastically redesign every major character, but please don't put another girl in May's place. Also, fuck Wallace, Steven MUST be the champion.

Ugh, please don't be X&Y style. Would much rather they went back to black/white style, just...nicer looking. Hated the 3D in X&Y. Just didn't feel like pokemon to me.

People keep saying it came out of nowhere but it came on the heels of the investor meeting. Makes total sense to churn out another game in Nintendo's best selling series when both the Wii U and the 3DS are underperforming. That's been one a year for quite a while.

Edit: I just realized the meeting hasn't started yet. I was referring to the net operating loss reported in the other thread.

Top Bottom