• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Speculation: What Mega Evolution Do You Want in XY (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Stulaw

I think all starters will probably end up with mega formes, if not all the final evolved Pokemon and legendaries

So I could have Mega-Meganium.

I would also like Mega-Raichu and Mega-Dragonite as well.

And maybe Mega fused Black and White Kyurem (although it might be a bit over the top).

zroid

Banned
It would be cool if all of the Eeveelutions converged into a single Normal-type Super Eevee when mega evolved.

So them being linked to bonding is probably why Pokeame is so integrated into the menu...anyway moving along...
Mega Pikachu
None of that Raichu nonsense.

Mega Flareon
They'll give Flareon pure power and no good physical fire moves because Gamerfreak seem to hate it.

As for Mega Pikachu, I'd like it to have a blue aura so the Pikablu rumors of my childhood come true.

My Mega ones:

Tauros, standing upright so that Minotauros idea comes to light.

Something else with imposter ability. Mew and Ditto are the only things with transform so maybe one of those. More as a novelty mega form.

Shedinja with 4 HP (maybe a slightly changed typing). It would be interesting if it no longer died to sand stream in one turn and you could do things like use substitute.

Meganium just so we get that Megameganium joke out of the way.

I wonder if the majority of "true" evolutions, if we get more than Sylveon, will be Gen IV and V since we haven't had an upgrade Gen for them, whereas Gen 1, 2, and 3 all had chances to get evolutions.

Yeah, probably, I think. Although I suspect we'll be seeing very few new evolutions for old Pokemon. Mega Evolutions take enough time to design as is, one would imagine.

so what the hell are "pulse" attacks?

Dark Pulse, Water Pulse. Dunno how it helps Blastoise to be honest.

rawktapus

Golduck is my gen 1 fav so I would love to see it get a mega evo. A girafarig mega where the tail takes over would be cool too.

Perspective.

Nope.

099Kingler_Dream.png

Yeah, probably, I think. Although I suspect we'll be seeing very few new evolutions for old Pokemon. Mega Evolutions take enough time to design as is, one would imagine.

Dark Pulse, Water Pulse. Dunno how it helps Blastoise to be honest.

So what you're saying is that they trolled the fuck out of Blastoise?

yami4ct

None.

Gameplay-wise it's a gimmick and the designs have been less than stellar.

I agree with you that most of these have been over designed, but it sure as hell seems like an interesting gameplay concept. Forcing someone to give up a hold item plus only one mega per battle has interesting gameplay ramifications. It's a cool idea.

Wazzy

Banned
Charizard got a mega evolution <3 he looks awesome.

I kind of hope Arcanine, Houndoom and Raichu get one.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Kingler definitely has one claw bigger than the other, it's based off the real-life Fiddler Crab.

Shedinja with 4 HP (maybe a slightly changed typing). It would be interesting if it no longer died to sand stream in one turn and you could do things like use substitute.

Bug/Steel with WonderGuard.

2nd gen starters need some boosts.

They don't have the OG factor of the 1st gen and the later starters are all better when it comes to battling.

Also lol Meganium.

btkadams

do mega evolutions have to be final evolution pokemon? i'd love a dragonair mega evolution so i can pretend dragonite doesn't exist.

ash_ag

Dewgong with Swift Swim would be great.
180px-087Dewgong.png

Its Pokédex supports it too, and considering its regular base Speed is only 70, it would make sense.
Stores thermal energy in its body. Swims at a steady 8 knots even in intensely cold waters.

I also want to say: Broken Seal Golurk!

Hells to the yeah!

Carbonox

Arcanine, Houndoom, Tyranitar and Gyarados. Seriously. Gyarados especially.

For epic lulz and hax, give me a Mega Garchomp.

MicH

I need the ant and anteater (forgot names lol) to mega evolve.

Oh and Tangela. Not that hideous monstrosity named Tangrowth. Just Tangela.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Would like to see it used more to help some Pokemon become more relevant. Some of those are a good start, like Ampharos, Mawile, and Absol (though it is odd that the latter two just wouldn't get an evolution to begin with).

I'd like stuff like Lanturn, Houndoom, Donphan (who's still used I think, but is a personal favorite :) ), Pinsir, Kingler, Venomoth, Camerupt, Altaria, Floatzel, Gastrodon, Scrafty, so forth. Obviously if some of these just got a normal evolution as well, that'd be fine too.

Ricky 7

I feel sorry for Blastoise, he got the worst boost effects from mega evolution. Venasaur's defense increases and he gains resistance to fire and ice, Charizard's special attack increases and he gains an additional 50% damage to all fire moves and reduces water attack damage by 50%, Blastoise... he makes water pulse stronger >_<
Unless I'm missing something regarding Mega Launcher?
I'm no Pokemon expert btw
that's just how things look atm.

Watch Da Birdie

I think it's because Blastoise is the most balanced of the three already.

Venusaur has lots of weaknesses due to lol Grass and Poison.

Charizard is destroyed by the Stealth Rock metagame.

Blastoise doesn't have any overall glaring weaknesses that a stat boost can't help, I guess.

Busaiku

I feel sorry for Blastoise, he got the worst boost effects from mega evolution. Venasaur's defense increases and he gains resistance to fire and ice, Charizard's special attack increases and he gains an additional 50% damage to all fire moves and reduces water attack damage by 50%, Blastoise... he makes water pulse stronger >_<
Unless I'm missing something regarding Mega Launcher?
I'm no Pokemon expert btw
that's just how things look atm.

I thought it could learn other moves, but nope, it just learns Water Pulse.
Dang.

Watch Da Birdie

I want one for Poliwrath. Why? That way we can get the beta Poliwrath Game Freak had in mind.

Nyosuka.png

Pretty sure we got Politoed from that with the evolving with King's Rock...

I kind of like this Mega Poliwrath mock-up where it turns into a half-frog luchador:

cyFYLOUl.png

Top Bottom