• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Speculation: What Mega Evolution Do You Want in XY (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

I could get behind a guardian angel Mega Gardevoir.

YXgdZ3R.png

Source: http://digital-banshee.deviantart.com/art/Mega-Gardevoir-394287244

A list of some of favorite pokemon, on who'd I like to see:

Mega Shedinja
Mega Zangoose
Mega Charizard (Yeah!)
Mega Houndoom
Mega Tyranitar
Mega Politoed
Mega Scyther
Mega Pinsir
Mega Heracross
Mega Gardevoir
Mega Blaziken (Yay!)
Mega Metagross
Mega Banette
Mega Feraligatr
Mega Delibird
Mega Milotic
Mega Scizor
Mega Hydreigon
Mega Aggron
Mega Seismitoad

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I haven't legitimately played a Pokemon game since the original Silver, but can someone explain how Mega Evolutions work? The way I initially understood it is that you expend a rare depletable item to evolve a Pokemon for the duration of a single battle, which didn't sound exciting, but I'm starting to feel that way off.

Velcro Fly

All I want is Gengar. And maybe keep Levitate as an ability. It's a shame the Mega evo isn't permanent because I'm greedy and would always want more moves for him.

I have a level 65 Gengar on my Black 2 file that I'm slowly grinding up to 100.

We could give it Levitate. :p

Poison/Steel would be a fantastic typing for a Weezing mega evolution. It would be based more on a one of the floating naval mines that Koffing and Weezing are already inspired by.
naval-mine.jpg

I like that idea! But don't most mega evolutions abilities change? Maybe they'll be exceptions

Magnus

Have any mockups of Mega Evos for the Legendary Bird Kanto trio been posted? Man, I'd love to see versions of those.

Toxi

Banned
I like that idea! But don't most mega evolutions abilities change? Maybe they'll be exceptions
Blaziken already has Speed Boost available as an ability, so that one technically can stay the same. And I think it's possible for Gamefreak to make exceptions on a case by case basis.

Besides, can you imagine a Koffing-line evolution without Levitate? :p They didn't even get a separate Dream World ability.

Am I the only one who wants more baby Pokémon? They're so damn cute.
I don't really like them, but I can appreciate them being made to give access to more powerful Pokemon earlier in the game. I like finding Budew or Happiny because they evolve into strong Pokemon, and finding the preevolved forms is more balanced. I just have two requirements.

A.) Make the baby a pre-evo of a powerful Pokemon. We don't need a pre-evo of Jigglypuff or Pikachu.

B.) Make them available in the wild before or instead of their evolved form to give them a reason to exist.

C.) Make them breed naturally! It's so silly how Gamefreak introduced the whole Incense system instead of just changing a few scripts. It doesn't even make any sense why there needs to be a baby Sudowoodo when most of the eggs are hatching Sudowoodo.

Espada

I'd want to see the following Mega Evolutions just to see the absolute mayhem that would result:

Mega Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Kyogre, and Arceus.

For the creation trio just make their exclusive held items their evolution item. That boost coupled with the stat boost and ability change from mega evolution would be crazy.

Mega Kyogre would probably give some folks nightmares.

Mega Arceus just for the silliness of the most powerful pokemon going even further beyond. His design is already super elaborate, it'd be interesting to see where they go with it from there.

Blaziken already has Speed Boost available as an ability, so that one technically can stay the same. And I think it's possible for Gamefreak to make exceptions on a case by case basis.

Besides, can you imagine a Koffing-line evolution without Levitate? :p They didn't even get a separate Dream World .
That's right, I forgot about Blaziken keeping it's ability!
I can't imagine a floating ball of gas not having levitate
Mega Magnezone- Levitate please

zroid

Banned
woah, they actually made Sceptile not look utterly awul

that's commendable

I'd want to see the following Mega Evolutions just to see the absolute mayhem that would result:

Mega Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Kyogre, and Arceus.

For the creation trio just make their exclusive held items their evolution item. That boost coupled with the stat boost and ability change from mega evolution would be crazy.

Mega Kyogre would probably give some folks nightmares.

Mega Arceus just for the silliness of the most powerful pokemon going even further beyond. His design is already super elaborate, it'd be interesting to see where they go with it from there.

Need a Groudon/Kyogre fusion Pokémon, which in turn has a megavolution. Aw yiss.

RomanceDawn

Mega Primeape! For the love of dog Mega Primeape!

That guy had an interesting niche for a while until Mienshao came along. Now Primeape is outclassed by every other fighting type known to man, and 3 known to monkeys.

gosox333

Just a thought. What if Gamefreak decided to go back to all of the forms for the various legendaries and relabeled them as mega evolutions? Just use whatever item it takes to change whatever Pokemon as it's mega stone and they'd be set. Not sure how they'd work with Black/White Kyurem, but the other forms would be okay like that.

Not saying it's likely, but it'd be interesting.

Top Bottom