• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Speculation: What Mega Evolution Do You Want in XY (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The make-up is a bit much, but I like the idea to put more Shisa elements in it.

FOUND THE ARTIST, Will post all fake Megas, all by pokeluka via deviantart:

b4337faa3a1c16d575fcdc8a85b4d3da-d6jhu4h.png
e497b07e07bd2fa1412d4f350310c093-d6iilxf.png

mega_volcarona_by_pokeluka-d6jxx9w.png
541d338376073ae535067af8055481c2-d6ia4kq.png

dedd6891965c855e4b5f6596cb7e19bc-d6i4q5k.png
mega_cofagrigus_by_pokeluka-d6hsevu.png

mega_chandelure_by_pokeluka-d6hn3p7.png

Firemind

I agree with you that most of these have been over designed, but it sure as hell seems like an interesting gameplay concept. Forcing someone to give up a hold item plus only one mega per battle has interesting gameplay ramifications. It's a cool idea.

When you think about it, what does it really add? I can't imagine it giving +100 base stat points, so you get the trade-off of the hold item vs. small stat increments and a different ability/typing. If they change the base stats around like with Darmanitan and its zen mode, then it's more or less useless since you're still stuck with those four moves; you can't change between offensive and defensive roles.

So they're spending resources on designing hundreds of new 'evolutions' for the ability to power up. No, this is not this generation's special attack/defense split, Steel/Dark typing, physical/special split, online multiplayer. The fairy typing will be remembered as a true gamechanger, not mega forms.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Honestly temporary evolutions don't appeal to me in the slightest.

Especially the one's they've shown because they look more and more like digimon.

Drago

180px-123Scyther.png

Someone give this BAMF a mega. Like Scizor actually needs one.

I don't care about any dumb "final evo only" rules, Scyther has the same BST as Scizor, he should count :mad:

Caladrius

Gardevoir, Gallade (fully armed murmillo, think of it), Bisharp, Dunsparce and Porygon 2 megas plz. They're (almost) all decent pokemon that just need a bit of that extra punch to make them great.

EDIT: Whoever made that Dunkleosto-canth evo can have all of my money.

Pinsir would be nice to see getting it. I prefer if most of the pokemons who have no evolutions get a chance to evolve into mega evolutions. Hopefully making them gain new types along with it.

Cromat

i think the way it works is your mega ring can only sync up with one mega stone at a time, so that forces you to only use one mega Pokémon in your party in a given battle

So choosing which pokemon you want as mega is another dimension of strategy, because it seems like they are pure upgrades rather than trade offs.

Keyouta

Honestly temporary evolutions don't appeal to me in the slightest.

Especially the one's they've shown because they look more and more like digimon.

What qualifies a design of a Pokemon and of a Digimon?

Also, these things don't look very mecha, so I don't see how they look like digimon.

javac

Now I know Slowbro is already a bit too overpowered but this magnificent beast of a pokemon needs a mega Evolution...no he demands it!

Look at this ferocious beast. Uuff. Magnificent. I know you can't improve on unadulterated perfection and the world won't be able to handle it but it needs to be done.

Now I know Slowbro is already a bit too overpowered but this magnificent beast of a pokemon needs a mega Evolution...no he demands it!

Look at this ferocious beast. Uuff. Magnificent. I know you can't improve on unadulterated perfection and the world won't be able to handle it but it needs to be done.

Would be badass if a Mega Slowbro looked like it was fused with a Cloyster. (since he evolved with a shelder biting his tail) Would definitely add to my team as I love Cloyster and Slowbro.

Flowmoney

MORE FAKES, this time by Dragonith via deviantart

If I were making a Bisharp Mega Evolution , it would be Kamen Rider inspired. Would be like Knight/King form and I would even throw in belt to the design.The Fan art with Samurai makes no sense because the Pokemon is following Chess theme.

For me:

Garchomp
Dragonite
Salamence
Flygon
Haxorus
I like dragons
Sceptile
Alakazam

I know there are others but I can't think of them
Edit: After looking at the fakemon above I really want an Archeops mega evo. without the defeatist ability. Gallade and Aerodactyl look sweet too

javac

storafötter;80033081 said:
Would be badass if a Mega Slowbro looked like it was fused with a Cloyster. (since he evolved with a shelder biting his tail) Would definitely add to my team as I love Cloyster and Slowbro.

Hell yeah. I like people who appreciate the GOAT. You're a credit to society.

Rumored Mega Evolutions
* Scizor: Mentioned by Hirobyte, who leaked the types of Sylveon and the Legendaries. Hiro also said there would be way more Mega Evolutions than expected.
* Second Mega Mewtwo? Mentioned by WPM in his leaks, which have all came true more or less. Could be Mega Mew, as it mentions it looking more like Mew.
* Gengar, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir,Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron, Abomasnow. All these Pokemon were recently re-trademarked last year alongside the Kanto Starters, Absol, and Ampharos. These are probably likely to get Mega Evolutions it seems, but these are probably not the only ones as Mawile didn't appear listed nor did Blaziken.

tumblr_mcdqbaEf4h1qa2uago1_250.gif

Poyunch

Here's something I'm wondering. If Megavolutions had just ended up as fourth evos or third evos, etc. would people be as weirded out?

Top Bottom