• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun/Moon new info - Starter evolutions, Demo, Ash-Greninja

We Digimon Farms now guys. Hell fucking yeah.

Rowlet > Litten > Popplio
Litten mid > Popplio mid > Rowlet mid

EDIT: lol Japanese trailer didn't have Megas. Japan stays winning.
Hell yeah! I'm glad Pokemon games are starting to emulate the better qualities of the Digimon Story games, I've always loved the farms.

They also updated the info page about Global Link, including some interesting new features like RENTAL TEAMS

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/new-pokemon-global-link-features/

p09_02_en.jpg

Now nobody has the "it takes too much time" excuse

Sponge

Banned
Wait, they are actually calling it Ash Greninja? That's super weird they would reference the anime in the games like that.

Forkball

No Megas in Pokemon World Championships 2017

New Rules for Championship Battles
The new fourth set of rules will allow Trainers to play year-round using the official rules set for the Pokémon World Championships, the competition that’s held every year to decide the world’s strongest Pokémon Trainers. You’ll be able to experience the WCS2017 rules right from the start, beginning on Friday, November 18.

The main points of the Pokémon WCS 2017 rules are

Double Battle format is limited to Pokémon that appear in the Alola Region Pokédex (excluding some Legendary and Mythical Pokémon).
Use of Mega Stones is not allowed.
Only Pokémon that can be obtained in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon may be entered.

DNAbro

I hope no one actually thought megas were going away. It should have been obvious they were coming back.

Looks like they are removing them from competitive play though.

ASIS

The evolutions are so much better than the base designs.

Please continue that way to the final evos.

NeonZ

Like I said in another topic, this basically means no new forms for the other two Kalos starters, which is disappointing...

Wait, they are actually calling it Ash Greninja? That's super weird they would reference the anime in the games like that.

Alan and the events of the Mega Evo special were referenced by Steven in ORAS already.

wow they don't want mega in comp any more

It makes sense if they aren't adding new Megas. You'd end up with a tournament basically using Gen 6 teams with only some variation.

Brionne has a ton of design elements that the leaked final evolution has. The bubbles in her hair, the frills are the same, the different colored tail tip, and even the eyes appear to be developing into the final form. This middle form should confirm the leak outright, it's that close to the design.

Torracat's upper arms are starting to develop more than its hind legs. The bell could also turn into the belt. In general, it's also starting to look more like the leaked final form. The emphasis on its arms and mane also seem important, as the final form has a large bushy mane thing, and huge arms.

Dartrix is accurate with its feathers, implying an archer. Also the bit about it being moody and getting frustrated is a lot like that one part of the leaked concept where the owl is covering it's face into its hood in frustration. Its legs are also getting longer, and its wing is stretched out, like more of the final form art. This one, though, seems to have the weakest connection to the leak, because, visually, it doesn't even look close to the leaked form. No hood developing, no bow developing, no goggles. Just longer legs, which isn't really important. I'm not really sure where we're going with this middle form, it certainly doesn't look even close to a rogue type archer.

SoulUnison

Banned
Wow, they just straight-up named it "Ash-Greninja."

GameFreak is like the anti-SquareEnix when it comes to RPG making.

SE would agonize over what to call it before deciding on an obscure word from a dead language.
GameFreak just mashes two words together and shrugs.

Can we post a thread specifically about the QR rental teams? I feel like that got buried since it wasn't in the videos, but it's an utterly huge addition that is a game changer for anyone looking into competitive pokemon, but not wanting to devote the time to make a team

Ultimadrago

Dartix may be one of the best looking middle-forms we've ever had in the series (admitting, not the hardest challenge)

Torracat looks boring (keeping to middle evolution status quo).

Brionne looks horrible like its past evolution (keeping true to poor early Starter status quo).

Nightbird

enjoy more gen one pandering lol

I don't like Gen 1 pandering either, but this is silly.

all they do is bringing back the feature, with no new additions, and more restrictions.

@ Topic:
I am in love again with Pokémon. Gen 6 really soured the experience for me, but Sun and Moon look so amazing. Literally nothing revealed so far was a let down for me.

Those are serious contenders for the best Pokémon Games yet

NeonZ

Torracat's upper arms are starting to develop more than its hind legs. The bell could also turn into the belt. In general, it's also starting to look more like the leaked final form. The emphasis on its arms and mane also seem important, as the final form has a large bushy mane thing, and huge arms.
The issue there is the head crest though. It'd basically need to go back to his first form's, rather than continuing developing or just stay the same.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Brionne has a ton of design elements that the leaked final evolution has. The bubbles in her hair, the frills are the same, the different colored tail tip, and even the eyes appear to be developing into the final form. This middle form should confirm the leak outright, it's that close to the design.

Dartrix is accurate with its feathers, implying an archer. Also the bit about it being moody and getting frustrated is a lot like that one part of the leaked concept where the owl is covering it's face into its hood in frustration. Its legs are also getting longer, and its wing is stretched out, like more of the final form art. This one, though, seems to have the weakest connection to the leak, because, visually, it doesn't even look close to the leaked form. No hood developing, no bow developing, no goggles. Just longer legs, which isn't really important. I'm not really sure where we're going with this middle form, it certainly doesn't look even close to a rogue type archer.
Yeah, its really cool to see

Forkball

There are also Global Missions through Global Link. You get rewards for participating. They need to go full Splatfest.

Global missions are limited-time events that give Trainers around the world a shared mission via Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, and they will be held at regular intervals. The theme of the first global mission will be “Catch a lot of Pokémon!” It’s expected to go live in late November. What’s it all about? Why, this mission is about catching a lot of Pokémon—regardless of their species!

The number of Pokémon needed, along with other goals to achieve, will be announced on the Pokémon Global Link immediately before the mission goes live. Keep an eye peeled for the reward you can receive for completing the mission—and remember to invite your friends to join in, too!

Note: You must register your game on the PGL to see your global mission results reflected.

Note: To help celebrate the opening of the PGL, we hope to give out a special gift to all PGL members after our first successful global mission!

jph139

The fact he's just straight up named Ash-Greninja is hilarious. Like, not even "Bond Greninja" or something? For real.

Glad he's just a demo thing and can be safely ignored. I was worried there'd be a whole plot detour about him, like that Lucario bullshit in X and Y.

Wow, they just straight-up named it "Ash-Greninja."

GameFreak is like the anti-SquareEnix when it comes to RPG making.

SE would agonize over what to call it before deciding on an obscure word from a dead language.
GameFreak just mashes two words together and shrugs.

and then NoA butchers the name by changing the two words to synonyms

Electric Rock Cave -> Charge Stone Cave

Rental teams are fantastic. Now I can leave the training to random people on Smogon and just battle online with set teams.

Yea, it takes away some customization, but the meta will get fairly standard within a year or so.

Top Bottom