• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X & Y sell more than 4 million units worldwide in first two days

Miles X

With the GTA vs Pokemon sales, look at the install bases of the respective platforms.

PS3 / 360 Vs. 3DS.

Going by revenue GTA did about 8m a piece on PS360 didn't it? That's around 10%. Given there are tonne of dual owners, that's amazing.

Not that these sales are any less amazing, I don't get the rivalry tbh.

I'm impressed by how much R/S/E has sold over the last decade or so of stocking. People loved to bang on it post-G/S popularity zenith, but trumpets and Tentacools have prevailed!

I wonder what the split for this game will be like (retail vs. digital). Anyways, good on Nintendo for pulling off a mostly successful worldwide launch (minus the early leaks).

Mael

Which is the superior version - Y?
Superior version is :
image.php

Kenka

Didn't match GTAV, bomba confirmed.

I dunno why, but this comment just cracked me up.

So would GTAV be rated M for Motherfuckin' Everyone Bought It?
GTA V: 11.21 million units in 24 hours
Pokémon: 4 million units in 48 hours

GTA sold (48/24)*(11.21/4) faster at launch. A goddamn factor 6. What an ugly monster.

E92 M3

X has Dragon Charizard so it wins

Superior version is :
image.php

Hahaha - alright guys - I shall purchase X when I get my 3DS.

X Left, Y right
pokemonxylegend_27592.nphd.jpg

X left, Y right
pokemonxyexclusive_27592.nphd.jpg

X left, Y right
pokemonxycharizard_27592.nphd.jpg

X Left, Y right
pokemonxymew_27592.nphd.jpg

To me X gets the superior legendary and Mega Evolve MewTwo/Charizard. You can always trade so it really doesn't matter.

Thanks for the pictures -- seems like X has the coolest pokemon, except for the first one.

Mael

X Left, Y right
[IMG ]http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20131012/pokemonxylegend_27592.nphd.jpg[/IMG]

X left, Y right
[I MG]http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20131012/pokemonxyexclusive_27592.nphd.jpg[/IMG]

X left, Y right
[IM G]http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20131012/pokemonxycharizard_27592.nphd.jpg[/IMG]

X Left, Y right
[IM G]http://cf.shacknews.com/images/20131012/pokemonxymew_27592.nphd.jpg[/IMG]

So yeah, X all the way

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
The PR says X/Y is tracking ahead of Black 2/White 2 by more than 70%. So, if my math is right, this means Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 sold 2.352.941 units in the first two days. Then, since the game sold 1.561.738 in Japan alone in the first two days, we have around 791.203 for Europe and Americas.

Toxi

Banned
I'm impressed by how much R/S/E has sold over the last decade or so of stocking. People loved to bang on it post-G/S popularity zenith, but trumpets and Tentacools have prevailed!
RSE are great, and Emerald is fucking amazing. You can tell they had a lot of interesting new ideas with secret bases, contests, legendaries actually integrated into the games' story, Battle Frontier, etc. Sadly, we never got that worthy follow-up to contests and secret bases.

Asd202

GTA V: 11.21 million units in 24 hours
Pokémon: 4 million units in 48 hours

GTA sold (48/24)*(11.21/4) faster at launch. A goddamn factor 6. What an ugly monster.

Yeah and some guy made a thread that Pokemon would outsell GTA V, hilarious. Still a good start the game sold the most in Japan obviously.

iammeiam

Out of ten streetPasses in Seattle yesterday, four were Pokemon. Those four were mostly people I hadn't tagged before, while the non-Pokemon were other commuters I'd tagged at least once in the past. Makes me wonder what kind of hardware bump to expect. Also it was one Y to three X; I wonder if sales this gen are going to be lopsided by a bit.

RSE are great, and Emerald is fucking amazing. You can tell they had a lot of interesting new ideas with secret bases, contests, legendaries actually integrated into the games' story, Battle Frontier, etc. Sadly, we never got that worthy follow-up to contests and secret bases.
Relax, we're hopefully getting remakes. In 3D. I think.

Maybe that would explain the conspicuous absence of Go Ichinose on X/Y's soundtrack.

kewlmyc

HURR DURR GTAV DID BETTER.

Well deserved, they're great games (so far at least). Wonder how many units this pushed in Japan compared to Monster Hunter IV.

nubbe

Emerald is still the best Pokemon
The battle frontier gave hundreds of hours of gameplay
Much thanks to the improved breeding

mclem

Not shocked. Loving seeing the last played on the Streetpass thing right now too as every single person for the past few days (bar one who was having fun in System Settings) had Pokemon.

Hoping the people I streetpass will be led to noticing: "Hey, this guy isn't playing Pokemon! What is this... "Et-ree-ahn Odyssey"? Must be worth a look."

Heyt

Banned
I wonder how much hardware it moved. I hope they get to close to 15M around the end of the fiscal year.

MegaMelon

Excellent! Though to be fair we should be comparing it to BW1 as 'third' versions tend to sell quite less than brand new entries. Glad I contributed +2 to that total hehe

smr00

Banned
Hahaha - alright guys - I shall purchase X when I get my 3DS.

Thanks for the pictures -- seems like X has the coolest pokemon, except for the first one.
Yveltal may look "cooler" but Xerneas would open up a can of whoop ass on that jabroni.

Excellent! Though to be fair we should be comparing it to BW1 as 'third' versions tend to sell quite less than brand new entries. Glad I contributed +2 to that total hehe

The more accurate comparison should actually be Diamond/Pearl as per new gen, on a new handheld.

So likely the sales go Black/White>X/Y>Diamond/Pearl when aligning the regional launches to compare with X/Y's global launch. That isn't too bad. The real test will be the legs as Diamond/Pearl stuck around for a long time where as Black/White had its legs practically cut off.

nubbe

So likely the sales go Black/White>X/Y>Diamond/Pearl when aligning the regional launches to compare with X/Y's global launch. That isn't too bad. The real test will be the legs as Diamond/Pearl stuck around for a long time where as Black/White had its legs practically cut off.

I think XY is fresh enough and have good online features, so it could have decent legs

But I expect Z to be a much better product... with a Battle Frontier

smr00

Banned
Explain?
Unless you're just talking about looks
Fairy is super-effective against Dark and i think the Geomancy move is fucking awesome.

But i am no number cruncher some some theorycraft players so i can't give hardcore data.

the Y legendary is Dark type and X cover pokemon is Fairy?
Strange going by the looks I'd expect the contrary...
Yveltal (Y legendary) is a Dark/Flying pokemon.

No one uses legendaries for battling, though
I most certainly keep one on my active roster.

Bullza2o

Amazing job, Game Freak! I'm proud to own both X and Y!

Seems like most people who bought it are older. Surely when Christmas comes all the other kids will get this, boosting it up even more.

L~A

Rated E for Everyone Fucking Bought it.

Damn, should've been the first post! And yup, totally deserved. Pokémon X and Y is a fantastic game, and I'm loving every single second of it. Seriously, Game Freak really outdid themselves with that one, and other than some weird stuff with 3D, I have nothing negative to say about it.

E92 M3

Yveltal may look "cooler" but Xerneas would open up a can of whoop ass on that jabroni.

I am very behind on Pokemon and can only gauge them based on 'how cool they look'. Yes, that is a juvenile metric, but my last favorite Pokemon was Zapdos - just to show how far back I am, lol.

I'm trying to think of how much bigger this holiday season could be than last holiday season (Regarding the current/old consoles only)

This holiday season will be nuts for the industry.

Mael

Fairy is super-effective against Dark and i think the Geomancy move is fucking awesome.

But i am no number cruncher some some theorycraft players so i can't give hardcore data.

Uveltal (Y legendary) is a Dark/Flying pokemon.

Ok I was confused because I thought Xemeas was the cooler looking one and he was saying the contrary or something.
Ok, so yeah X all the way except for that Y megamewtwo who's damn fine

Top Bottom