• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén Tournament - Weavile and Charizard, Jirachi and Whimsicott assist, July 16th

Macka

Sick of the Charizard hate. :/ His moveset looks amazing, but yeah, I can't say I'm a fan of the muscular chest.

Still hoping for Blastoise, Sceptile, Arcanine, Hawlucha, Genesect and Arbok.

Blaziken is a given, and I fully expect Mewtwo and Greninja will be in.

danwu

Banned
StjErEc.jpg

CR87S7V.jpg

YikQhgu.jpg

202eXzZ.jpg

hwN2pgh.jpg

July 16th for arcade release, apparently the roster is still not yet full but at release they will reveal all.

Trainer customization exists and will be saved via BanaPassport.

Whoa, Pokkemon Stadium battles, helll yeah !

Toxi

Banned
Any people complaining their favorite isn't in, I sympathize. At least your favorite probably has a chance; I doubt Galavantula will ever be even considered.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Any people complaining their favorite isn't in, I sympathize. At least your favorite probably has a chance; I doubt Galavantula will ever be even considered.
My favourite Pokémon is Raichu.

Even if Raichu had a chance, he would be ignored for the rats with hepatitis. Forever.

Son Of D

I could actually see my favourite, Arcanine, getting in. But I don't expect it since I don't think they want to focus too much on Gen 1 Pokemon and I expect Mewtwo will be the last Gen 1 Pokemon in the base game.

TI82

Banned
Cool graphics, gameplay looks like those boring Naruto fighting games though :/

Also why does Charizard have boobs

Crayolan

I'd be cool with Galvantula being in. But Zoroark will probably be the gen 5 rep.

Cool graphics, gameplay looks like those boring Naruto fighting games though :/

Also why does Charizard have boobs
Well you cant dodge across the whole field with one move and melee combat doesnt devolve into an endless string of log decoys so things are looking up

TI82

Banned
Well you cant dodge across the whole field with one move and melee combat doesnt devolve into an endless string of log decoys so things are looking up

Yeah I'll definitely try it if theres an arcade around me with it. Just from general looks really similar.

Village

Bruh
Blastoise is a turtle with guns on his back
Charizard is a dragon...that breathes fire
*faints from originality*

You wanna know whats constantly reliable and cool forever, dragons breathing shit that burns you .

You take that back, Village. You take that back!

Blastoise is a pokmon that comes from two pokemon that look great. Squirtle and wartortle look great, they have this amazing cloud turtle aesthetic. Then they just loose all interesting design when they evolve finally and turn into a dumb looking mech rock turtle with guns. And the guns, like don't even make sense, do you know how much stuff in pokemon don't make sense and you just roll with it because its pokemon. That had me questioning aestetic as a child. As a child I knew how dumb blastiose was. And the the megaversion just gives him more guns.

So dumb, so stupid looking

And then loses to a yolo fireblast -_-
Stuff like that undermines the integrity of the franchise and turns it into heart of the cards yugioh
EDIT: Kids that chose squirtle and bulbasaur are the straight a bros that keep the world turning. Charmander kids went to summer school

Hatchtag

Banned
Weavile was a great choice and Charizard was a guarantee.
But where the hell are my Gen 5 Pokemon? Best gen needs more reps.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We just have to wait July 16 for the full roster.

Anyway notice another design change they did to Charizard? He isn't a total fatass now. Dem pecs.

V-Faction

I'm a Blastoise-Boy (even though Red for life), but I can completely understand the Charizard love.

A few years ago.. maybe more than a few... you'd be lucky to even get an acknowledgement out of the games, media, video programs of Charizard's overwhelming popularity. In order to promote more fresher Pokemon (such as Lucario at the time) it was common to put the all-stars of old back in safe storage.

It was smart because, as you can see, there's a huge majority of people that would probably never give the newer Pokemon a chance. Gen 1 would probably dominate the roster if not for a little pruning I'm sure.

Boss Doggie

The one in which Ash released Sliggoo as soon as it evolved into Goodra?

Ash sucks as ever.
Still salty about that huh? :p

Yeah because clearly, Goomy's arc doesn't scream like that huh? Like right off the bat it asked Ash to be strong. It's not an asspull unlike other "leaving" Pokemon. It's literally written on the wall that it will leave for its homeland and settle with his new wife Florges.

XY Ash is such a different creature altogether that damn it I WILL defend him from stupidity of people's posts who only go to hearsay in anime.

i used to be a charizard guy but as the years went on i started to like Blastoise more. I still like charizard, its just Blastoise is way cooler to me now so i def want him in. But if i had to pick a water starter to be in this game, totodile all the way, he's the most adorable starter stage starter to date. I would've went with greninja as my choice but he already got love by being in smash, so now my vote is for totodile. just look at how adorable and eager he is

250px-158Totodile.png

The one in which Ash released Sliggoo as soon as it evolved into Goodra?

Ash sucks as ever.

please understand

Boss Doggie

from the stream, lol

b33.png

see even Japan knows Mega Pokemon is from DBZ, why people go to Digimon for comparison is beyond me

XY Ash is such a different creature altogether that damn it I WILL defend him from stupidity of people's posts who only go to hearsay in anime.
I haven't watched the anime closely in a very long while, but I'm interested in your willingness to defend Ash (XY). I think the anime is more about the journey rather than intense battles and being the champion, but I've given up on caring what others think of it and Ash. What makes him so different?

Luke_Wal

They were really trying to push Electivire a lot at the beginning of Gen 4, and he has an awesome design, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up in this.

Boss Doggie

I hope to see a lot of clones, it would really fit the game.

I don't think we're going to see 20+ unique characters, so different mons with different stats that resuse most of the same animations would be welcome.

Well BanaPass lets you customize Pokemon's stats when you level up, so even with "clones" you'd still get different stats.

I haven't watched the anime closely in a very long while, but I'm interested in your willingness to defend Ash (XY). I think the anime is more about the journey rather than intense battles and being the champion, but I've given up on caring what others think of it and Ash. What makes him so different?

XY Ash is just... so different. He is now the mentor/big brother of the group. He has great character chemistry in the gang (and the gang itself has no "lose third wheel", every character interacts with someone, unlike what happened to Brock). He is very understanding to other characters that he isn't so dense. He is a great father to a baby. He likes to ruse gym leaders. Rather than looking for rivals, he instead trains one to be a rival. Kalos women wage wars for his affection!

XY Ash is just... so different. He is now the mentor/big brother of the group. He has great character chemistry in the gang (and the gang itself has no "lose third wheel", every character interacts with someone, unlike what happened to Brock). He is very understanding to other characters that he isn't so dense. He is a great father to a baby. He likes to ruse gym leaders. Rather than looking for rivals, he instead trains one to be a rival. Kalos women wage wars for his affection!

And he will still lose at quarterfinals for some bullshit reason.

Maybe this time will be against a Skrelp instead of a Riolu

Boss Doggie

It's meant to be Squirt + Turtle, unless this is just a joke. In which case just ignore me.

No you're right. That's not even a squirrel's tail. It's supposed to resemble a water wave.

And he will still lose at quarterfinals for some bullshit reason.

Maybe this time will be against a Skrelp instead of a Riolu

Maybe the writers will now realize you can have Ash win the league and lose to the champ.

Maybe the writers will now realize you can have Ash win the league and lose to the champ.

They could let him win a League that matters (yes it's a jab at Orange) and the next region can be justified with the fact that Ash just likes to travel and find new Pokémons

Well BanaPass lets you customize Pokemon's stats when you level up, so even with "clones" you'd still get different stats.

That sounds amazing. It's always nice to hear how the Poke'mon series grows, just look at Pokken! Thanks for sharing. Also, I am not surprised about the women, there is always at least one that liked Ash in every region (and some movies).

Top Bottom