• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokkén Tournament - Weavile and Charizard, Jirachi and Whimsicott assist, July 16th

Luigiv

If you played Silver, it's the evolution of Sneasel which was added in a later game.

Ok. Still not as cool as Weedle, so I am still disappointed. #weedle4pokken

tKTV7Aw.png

Playable weedle wrecking everyone's shit would be the hypest thing ever.

My girlfriend loves Weedle. I showed her your comment and she squealed, agreeing with you. XD

Glad to see a release date for the arcade version. July means I get to play before I head back home. I'm excited!

Soodanim

This thread is strange. Hate for Charizard? Calm down. Of course they're going to put in the mascots. Pikachu is the cute mascot and Charizard is the fierce mascot.

Having not seen anything from this game before today, I'm surprised they'd put Suicune and Jirachi (and similar types, Mewtwo comes to mind) in, as I thought it'd be either balance ruining or just not fun to put primarily non-melee attacking characters in. Having said that, they were never going to do a game made solely from fighting types and Melee attackers.

Is Mega Mewtwo X the last boss?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wonkier than Oddjob?
They're about even.

This thread is strange. Hate for Charizard? Calm down. Of course they're going to put in the mascots. Pikachu is the cute mascot and Charizard is the fierce mascot.

Having not seen anything from this game before today, I'm surprised they'd put Suicune and Jirachi (and similar types, Mewtwo comes to mind) in, as I thought it'd be either balance ruining or just not fun to put primarily non-melee attacking characters in. Having said that, they were never going to do a game made solely from fighting types and Melee attackers.

Is Mega Mewtwo X the last boss?

Jirachi and that adorable sheep thing arent playable characters, they're more like assists.

My all-time favorite Pokemon.
I've love it since before it went Uber.
Same! :D
I kind of dip in and out of pokemon every few versions so I missed Mawile being added to the game (stopped at pearl, came back for XY), but when I first got pokemon Y on release the first thing I did was look up the location for it and race through the story to get one XD
Some friends even bought me a lil mega-mawile gatcha and I bought a matching normal mawile so they could sit together above my Laptop. Outside of the amiibos it's the only figure I've ever bought in my entire life :3

It's always interesting to see all the love for starter pokes... I don't think I've ever played a pokemon where I got all that attached to any of them :/
Closest I've come to liking starters is Fenniken&Braixen and Chikorita but they both fall down the ugly tree hitting several branches when they evolve beyond those forms (like the majority of pokemon sadly -.- )

Feebastic

I still can't believe this game is going to exist. So excited for it.

I really hope Greninja gets in though, even with the support Frogadier.

Glass Rebel

Still not 100% happy that they're going for something that's closer to the Naruto games rather than actual Tekken but it's cool that they're including Pokémon like Weavile.

Forkball

I hope they are saving the Hitmons for the last reveal. It would be crazy if they weren't in it. What's ironic is that people were worried that this game would have too many fighting types, but now it seems like there aren't enough.

TomShoe

Banned
At least now Raichu has 115 base speed

Raichu is faster than your average mouse, but it only hits moderately hard and is frail as shit. At least Blastoise & Venusaur have utility as tanks and stallers. I can normally use Mega Blastoise and just truck through people, they never seem to have Grass types on their team. Won a tournament with him, he just doesn't die.

trixx

I thought blastoise was pretty fast, doesn't it use rapid spin to move around like squirtle or is that just anime bs?

Blastoise was my favourite then i seen mega. Switched to Venusaur fan. Venusaur, the only cool grass starter

The fact that we haven't seen any Gen VI Pokemon for the roster yet makes me think either Greninja or Hawlucha are a lock-in since there's at least one iconic Pokemon from each Gen so far. I don't know who would fit Gen V though since Zoroark kind of dropped off in popularity. They might go for a more obscure choice in that case.

The fact that we haven't seen any Gen VI Pokemon for the roster yet makes me think either Greninja or Hawlucha are a lock-in since there's at least one iconic Pokemon from each Gen so far. I don't know who would fit Gen V though since Zoroark kind of dropped off in popularity. They might go for a more obscure choice in that case.

Samurott could be interesting. Fighting with his little seashell daggers and what not.

Raichu is faster than your average mouse, but it only hits moderately hard and is frail as shit. At least Blastoise & Venusaur have utility as tanks and stallers. I can normally use Mega Blastoise and just truck through people, they never seem to have Grass types on their team. Won a tournament with him, he just doesn't die.
You'd hate my team then because I use Lilligant to quiver dance, sleep and giga drain the heck out of water types :p

I guarantee that none of the pokemon I actually have in my usual pokemon teams will make it into this game... just because that's how roster selection tends to go :eek:
That said, I did once experiment with weavile but ultimately didn't keep them as a permanent member, which is probably the closest I've come to seeing one of my team in there XD

The reason for all the charizard hate is because he is blatantly favored and the roster has had only 2 surprises so far (suicune and machamp) everyone else is popular and many have been in a fighting game already. Just throwing away precious slots for pokemon that get no love.

NEO0MJ

The reason for all the charizard hate is because he is blatantly favored and the roster has had only 2 surprises so far (suicune and machamp) everyone else is popular and many have been in a fighting game already. Just throwing away precious slots for pokemon that get no love.

I wouldn't consider Weavile that popular, either.

Berordn

Gengar's not unpopular by any means, but was a lovely surprise to see on a fighting game roster. Same with Gardevoir - I was expecting her counterpart before anything else.

I'm not really seeing the big deal, we've actually got a pretty nice variety and decent surprises. and Charizard is a de facto mascot so they were definitely going to feature him from the start.

I wonder if this game will be like tekken where in arcade mode there are rival battles and then some monster at the end. Some of the characters seem suited to this, like gengar for gardevoir, blaziken n lucario, mewtwo and suicune because theyre legendaries maybe. I predict conkeldurr will be a gen 5 rep and feud with machamp, fighting with his cinderblock things.
I also see dragonite being put in just because hes charizard tier beloved, and salamence repping gen 3 to rival it.

Macka

Mewtwo X and Greninja are locks.

So they have all types represented except Grass, Bug, Normal, Rock and Ground. I could see Sceptile, Tyranitar, Heracross and Golurk filling some of those slots (if having full type representation actually matters to them).

But there are also some extremely obvious Pokemon that could work well in this game with really unique movesets. Hitmonlee with his stretchy legs. Hawlucha with his wrestling style. Snorlax as the sumo. Arbok could be interesting with wrapping attacks. I would have said Muk but I think Gengar kinda fills his look/gimmick. Hitmonchan with boxing and Hitmontop with capoeira would be great as well.

Top Bottom