• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a gay man, and a Democrat to boot, I will never, ever understand how gay people can be Republicans. Especially not with the current politicians we have.

Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

Isn't finding a Republican in congress who supports gay and lesbian rights about as rare as a finding a needle in a haystack?

nah. gay republicans aren't THAT rare (I know a couple, personally) they just tend to favor tax and economic issues to the exclusion of all else.

Forever

Banned
As a gay man, and a Democrat to boot, I will never, ever understand how gay people can be Republicans. Especially not with the current politicians we have.

Gay GOP group hesitantly backs Romney

Isn't finding a Republican in congress who supports gay and lesbian rights about as rare as a finding a needle in a haystack?

Chickens voting for Colonel Sanders.

Apparently Trump is going to reveal that Michelle filed for divorce in 2000

Loveless marriage confirmed, Obama is abusing Hillary on a nightly basis in the basement dungeon beneath the State Department.

Where was this guy 8 years ago?

"I was chosen from binders of senators and I learned my job well enough that when I went home my dog was growling at me so obviously I changed something," Kerry told reporters in the "spin room" before the Monday's presidential debate here

I'm not a very religious man, but I still remember pausing in my little Texas voting boothlet and saying, "Dear Lord - please, pleease let this happen" before casting my vote for Obama in 2008.

I also remember my prayer in the voting booth in Texas, 2004: "Dear Lord.. let that outlier poll showing a bare Kerry lead in Ohio be true. Please?"

In 2000 it was, "Lord.. you're not really gonna let this madman win, are you?"

And I didn't pray in 96 at all. I laughed and said to myself, "Ha! He's gonna win Louisiana again, and my uncles' heads are gonna explode!"

I'm still not over 2000, and I don't think I'll ever get over it.

Same. I was actually just explaining that situation to my girlfriend. Really hope we don't have another disparity between PV and EC again this year.

Apparently Trump is going to reveal that Michelle filed for divorce in 2000
Donald Trump, the irrelevant nutjob reality show star?

HylianTom

Banned

Neither will I. There are fewer groups of voters that I have more contempt for, to be honest. Hell, one of the first questions I asked my partner (Southern/country-boy/military) 16 years ago on Date #1 was, "Please - tell me you're not a Republican?"

If there were any gay (or pro-gay) Republicans who weren't eager and willing to enable anti-gay Republicans, they wouldn't call themselves Republicans.

As long as anti-gay social conservatives are a vital part of the national GOP coalition, there's little to nothing they can do to change the party from within.

Wilsongt

Neither will I. There are fewer groups of voters that I have more contempt for, to be honest. Hell, one of the first questions I asked my partner (Southern/country-boy/military) 16 years ago on Date #1 was, "Please - tell me you're not a Republican?"

It's always sad when I talking with older men who are so sexy and smart, only to find out later they are Republicans.

:(

I don't know. The tears of him losing the popular vote would be delicious and speed up the abolishing of the electoral college.

Like how we scrapped the electoral college after 2000?

Color me skeptical. As of the last 40 years or so, we essentially do not pass amendments any more. The most recently proposed amendment that was passed was proposed in 1971. The country is so divided I don't know if we'll ever see another amendment passed. Secession and a new constitutional convention may be more likely than that.

thats alright, he actually won the county, i need to find my towns results

edit.. he only lost by 600 votes in 2008 (he won the county by 70,000)

I need to re-evaluate what this means

yeah, I checked the numbers across the county after your post spurred me to do it. He actually won my municipality convincingly.

It looks like there are only a few townships where it was really close or he lost outright, and that was yours (springfield), marple township, Aston, and chadds ford. marple, aston, and chadds make sense, because all three are fairly wealthy and nowhere close to the city iirc (they're on the edge of the county), but springfield going mccain when everything around it went obama, both higher (swarthmore, nether providence) and lower (clifton, aldan, folcroft) on the economic scale is a bit of a head scratcher.

Amir0x

Banned
If I was Romney, I would tell Trump to bottle that shit up.

That's going to backfire on Romney big time.

yup. that would be the worst thing they could do right now. oh i hope that is it lol

The public is going to view it as pathetic, desperate mudslinging of the worst kind: the type that fucks with intimate family members. And what makes it truly worthless is that the public are very familiar with Michelle and Barack Obama, and view them as having a very affectionate marriage... and surely should such news break, Obama and Michelle are going to laugh it up and make them look like little children in the process.

Best case scenario.

If I was Romney, I would tell Trump to bottle that shit up.

That's going to backfire on Romney big time.

Why? Romney has nothing to do with it.

The story isn't old either; Ed Klein peddled it in his bullshit book earlier this year. Perhaps Trump has the papers. I'd give it credence in the sense that it has always seemed like there was something wrong with the couple, or at least Michelle.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's kinda funny how back home in Europe I was a left-centrist, while in the US I'd probably be considered a communist with my opinions... Definitely far left of the Dems.

Please don't make a massive mistake Nov 6th, my friends.

Also, am I seeing this right, there's no chance that Dems will get the House of Representatives, but a high chance that they'll get the Senate, right? What will be the impact of that? Same as the past 4 years with Republicans blocking anything getting done?

Loudninja

The story isn't old either; Ed Klein peddled it in his bullshit book earlier this year. Perhaps Trump has the papers. I'd give it credence in the sense that it has always seemed like there was something wrong with the couple, or at least Michelle.
You got serious issues.

I mean damn.

Clevinger

Also, am I seeing this right, there's no chance that Dems will get the House of Representatives, but a high chance that they'll get the Senate, right? What will be the impact of that? Same as the past 4 years with Republicans blocking anything getting done?

Pretty much. Unless Democrats reform the filibuster.

Ecotic

Maybe it's not known whether she filed for divorce, but it's already been well-established that Obama and Michelle went through a rough patch right around the time he was defeated running for Congress in 2000.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Wow. MSNBC just took a moment to explain that Obama is winning the North, East, and West regions in their (and other) national polls, while Romney is blowing him away in the South. Remarkable to see this on TV.

It's like I said last night, MSNBC has quietly become the best US news network. They still carry some idiots, but they do the closest thing to actual investigative journalism that you're going to find on US TV (unless you get AJE).

It's like I said last night, MSNBC has quietly become the best US news network. They still carry some idiots, but they do the closest thing to actual investigative journalism that you're going to find on US TV (unless you get AJE).

Wish they would get rid of Sharpton.

The 6th feels so far away still, I wish it was today. Right now I debating if I want to early vote or not. On one hand I could get it out of the way, but on the other its my first election and I kinda want to experience voting on the 6th.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Go talk to someone, seriously.

It's kinda funny how back home in Europe I was a left-centrist, while in the US I'd probably be considered a communist with my opinions... Definitely far left of the Dems.

Please don't make a massive mistake Nov 6th, my friends.

It's hard to say.

Democrats taking the house is the longest of long shots. but they can take enough seats that boehner is forced to compromise to get things passed. (Remember, he has NO control over the tea partiers.)

The senate is almost assuredly going to stay dem unless by some miracle (say, trump has an obama/palin sex tape) obama gets blown out.

what needs to happen though, is for romney to lose- otherwise ridiculous, across the board obstruction gets validated as a political tactic, and we repeat the last 4 years in congress for the next decade and a half. Having it fail and everyone get back to acting like adults is necessary.

Arde5643

It's sad how the only real journalist left in CNN is Soledad.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Maybe it's not known whether she filed for divorce, but it's already been well-established that Obama and Michelle went through a rough patch right around the time he was defeated running for Congress in 2000.

So Obama would get to make the right wing look like nutbags and double down on the strength of family bonds and the insitution of marriage?

Go for it Trumpy.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Every gay republican kid I've ever meet has sounded, frankly, naive. The typical attitude: act super responsible and "above merely voting for one issue". They say they're all about fiscal responsibility and economic conservatism. And act like the GOP hasn't sold its soul to whackjob religious extremists and a base from poor states with poor education and high levels of racism. They've all bought into the narrative that they're doing the adult thing - changing the party from within.

But as stated, that can't happen as long as the GOP is addicted to social conservatism and panders to the retrograde elements of American society. If the GOP was merely neutral, they might be on to to something.

Tim-E

The kind of coverage that PBS does on shows like Frontline makes MSNBC look like Channel 1 News.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom