• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Coakley being worthless the only reason Baker won (other than MA's weird hard on for Republican governors) or was there something else at play around that time?

Teggy

Is Coakley being worthless the only reason Baker won (other than MA's weird hard on for Republican governors) or was there something else at play around that time?

Baker is a RINO so you weren't dealing with a stark contrast and I don't think people were in love with Patrick towards the end of his term.

pigeon

Banned
C9wAM7cXUAA7ga7.jpg

From Will Jordan's twitter.

Holmes

Ted Cruz says he thinks Warren will be the Dem nom in 2020.
It's possible but there are too many uncertainties right now. I unfortunately believe Warren would face an unfair smear campaign, both from Republicans and by/aided by the media, and it would work better than it should due to her being female.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's possible but there are too many uncertainties right now. I unfortunately believe Warren would face an unfair smear campaign, both from Republicans and by/aided by the media, and it would work better than it should due to her being female.

I doubt she even runs. She should be VP for whoever wins if she's up for it, but that's about it.

C9wAM7cXUAA7ga7.jpg

From Will Jordan's twitter.
Slightly misleading too without the 2010 numbers, makes it look like there was an inverse correlation that year. Guessing Price didn't even have a challenger that time?

It's impossible to know this far in advance, but if this trend holds for Nov 2018, oh boy.

Swing voters in Massachusetts like to give the Governor's Mansion to the GOP when the DNC nominates complete hacks since most people want a check on the Massachusetts Legislature, they just don't want to vote for Republican State Reps or Senators.

Man, I hope we can beat Erik Paulsen next year. Dunno how people in my district keep getting hoodwinked by him. Apparently all you have to do is say "Well I disagree with Trump/GOP leadership on some things" without specifying what any of those things are and people will believe you.

Then again his entire congressional career has been him running as a check on Obama, maybe he'll go down now that the shoe's on the other foot. Clinton won here by 9 points.

Man, I hope we can beat Erik Paulsen last year. Dunno how people in my district keep getting hoodwinked by him. Apparently all you have to do is say "Well I disagree with Trump/GOP leadership on some things" without specifying what any of those things are and people will believe you.

Then again his entire congressional career has been him running as a check on Obama, maybe he'll go down now that the shoe's on the other foot. Clinton won here by 9 points.
It's amazing that I can look at his Wikipedia page and see that for being in a D+3 district he has absolutely zero moderate views.

I guess Rick Nolan balances it out though.

Slizeezyc

Man, I hope we can beat Erik Paulsen last year. Dunno how people in my district keep getting hoodwinked by him. Apparently all you have to do is say "Well I disagree with Trump/GOP leadership on some things" without specifying what any of those things are and people will believe you.

You want to beat someone in the past?

woah.gif

Holmes

I think people just want to move goal posts as much as possible. I see people saying we should compare KS-04 to the 2014 gubernatorial race and GA-06 to the 2016 Presidential election. Girl these are House of Representatives elections and should be compared to their previous elections, not some other random races where you can point and say "no real improvement!"

I do wonder if Ossoff actually has a worse shot in the run-off, or that's the GOP political class trying to make themselves feel better about a Democrat in GA-06 coming extremely close to winning in the first round.

Holmes

I do wonder if Ossoff actually has a worse shot in the run-off, or that's the GOP political class trying to make themselves feel better about a Democrat in GA-06 coming extremely close to winning in the first round.
Still don't think Ossoff has a worse shot in the runoff. His voters are already coalesced around him and are more energized. Handel does need to work to get all R votes to turn up and vote in her favor. She has the more difficult path to 50%+1.

Still don't think Ossoff has a worse shot in the runoff. His voters are already coalesced around him and are more energized. Handel does need to work to get all R votes to turn up and vote in her favor. She has the more difficult path to 50%+1.
That's what I'm wondering. Feels more like the GOP saying This Cannot Happen Here. I mean, maybe she wins? But going from 20% to 50% has its own complications.

Holmes

Honestly tired of reading "Ossoff did not improve at all" because THAT WAS FOR A COMPETELY DIFFERENT OFFICE. Presidential election != House election. The last race here was R+24. This is the worst take of all tonight.

Trump's the best thing to happen to Warren.

She wasn't exactly a lock in MA to win re-election before him.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/blog/2017/01/23/elizabeth-warren-poll/

Poll tends to track the views of my more centrist friends in MA.

What a moron.

I'm starting to feel much better about Trump being elected. It's given the Democrats a shot in the arm, shattered the Republican caucuses and since the president himself is a total moron it reflects poorly on the Republicans as a whole, and on top of that he's actively promoting infighting.

You shouldn't.

Catastrophic global warming is a certainty at this point.

Feel like the dynamics in a primary are a little different than in the run-off so throwing in those GA-6 numbers (for now) seems a little disingenuous. Although win or lose, I don't see Ossoff doing much different than he did last night.

Maybe we should be comparing these results to the last congressional election. The presidential election was in a different context.

Feel like the dynamics in a primary are a little different than in the run-off so throwing in those GA-6 numbers (for now) seems a little disingenuous. Although win or lose, I don't see Ossoff doing much different than he did last night.

Maybe we should be comparing these results to the last congressional election. The presidential election was in a different context.

I think you will see worse D performance from the mean the closer the race.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

Despite major outside money, FAKE media support and eleven Republican candidates, BIG "R" win with runoff in Georgia. Glad to be of help!
12:09 AM · Apr 19, 2017

Bitch, please.

Wilsongt

Was listening to NPR and someone who used to do scheduling for Obama just said that the presidential travel budget is not unlimited...

Someone didn't tell Pumpkin Spice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom