• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 'disqualified' from Iran elections

6oFxW2.jpg

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...qualified-iran-elections-170420190716061.html

I can't wait to hear Trumps response of if he thinks a strong EU is good for the US.

Edit: So he supports the EU now....and wants to see the Pope...
Let's forget how gleeful he sounded about the EU crumbling.

Did he get caught with a intern or something.

Theory time!

It's a male intern and Russia has the goods from when they hacked the RNC. Now the Ruskies are systemically leaking all the information they have on the GOP to further destablize things in the US because THE RUSSIANS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS REPUBLICANS.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I'll prepare a "Look my daughter in the eye" joke in case something along these lines is happening.

No one posts some love article about their wife unless they are boning on the side.

Theory time!

It's a male intern and Russia has the goods from when they hacked the RNC. Now the Ruskies are systemically leaking all the information they have on the GOP to systemically further destablize things because THE RUSSIANS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS REPUBLICANS.

I can see it being a male intern that would be a huge curveball.

Theory time!

It's a male intern and Russia has the goods from when they hacked the RNC. Now the Ruskies are systemically leaking all the information they have on the GOP to further destablize things in the US because THE RUSSIANS ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS REPUBLICANS.
Is this Mensch or Garland's account?

pls be Garland

I'm more concerned about 2018 right now. There have been a lot of "sky is falling" articles here in MA about her approval rating and she may wind up running against a navy seal.

I might be just you-know-whatting, though.

I don't think you are.

I think it's very likely she can lose in 2018.

People don't like women "who won't shut the hell up."

Elizabeth Warren is getting Hillary'ed Clinton'ed here, and if she loses, I look forward to a lot of people suddenly having a "change of opinion" on her here.

Curiouser and curiouser

Utah Republicans expect Chaffetz to resign
Republican officials in Utah expect Rep. Jason Chaffetz to step down from Congress, possibly as early as Friday, and were in the early stages of preparing for a special election to fill his 3rd district seat.

"There are a lot of conversations going on," a Republican insider in Utah said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity.

FWIW, the Examiner is a local paper out of DC. They have a definite rightward lean, but they're not "fake news".

*raises hand*

That Sessions Hawaii quote is exactly one here in Mississippi, where Republicans argue against having "some judge in Hinds County" making rulings. Hinds County is mostly black so it's a dogwhistle that everyone is familiar with.

Slacker

Can you imaging the shitstorn if Lynch or Holder said something about some judge in Nowhere, Alabama defying the president's authority?

Blader

Maybe Chaffetz is feeling tempted to cheat and decided that the only way to stay true to his wife was to run the hell away from DC immediately.

Because, like, if he already had an affair, is resigning his seat supposed to preemptively make everyone not notice if that comes out?

jtb

Banned
Even if Warren is vulnerable, and I don't think she is, there's so many higher-priority targets for the GOP than deep blue MA. Hard for me to believe she's in any real danger next cycle.

Warren is a monster fundraiser and a household name. Will be hard to recruit candidates against her, I think, especially with Baker running for re-election. Why pour $100m into MA, when you can spend it in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, etc.

Maybe Chaffetz is feeling tempted to cheat and decided that the only way to stay true to his wife was to run the hell away from DC immediately.

Because, like, if he already had an affair, is resigning his seat supposed to preemptively make everyone not notice if that comes out?

Counterpoint: Chaffetz is an idiot.

Teggy

Even if Warren is vulnerable, and I don't think she is, there's so many higher-priority targets for the GOP than deep blue MA. Hard for me to believe she's in any real danger next cycle.

Warren is a monster fundraiser and a household name. Will be hard to recruit candidates against her, I think, especially with Baker running for re-election. Why pour $100m into MA, when you can spend it in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin,

Part of the problem is that Baker is popular and will probably be campaigning with her opponent.

Barzul

Could be trying to beat the media cycle. Something is definitely up though, it's tumbling down way to quickly for that not to be the case.

Curiouser and curiouser

FWIW, the Examiner is a local paper out of DC. They have a definite rightward lean, but they're not "fake news".

I keep having a mental image of Chaffetz being forced to relocate to some run down motel sometime this week. He plays "All By Myself" on his "cheating on my wife" burner phone while he holds a framed picture of Hillary Clinton. Then he sits in the corner, crying, thinking about what could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom