• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sazzy

AYJdR18.png

vzkd5cP.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
For weeks I had downplayed in my mind the hearing today. That tweet makes me think I was wrong.

Wilsongt

Trump trying to play down the story? Must mean Comey is going to come out and say there is nothing to investigate and all is fine.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The tweetstorm is continuing. Still harping on how democrats "made it all up."

Blader

Call it tin foil hat if you want, but I completely believe that Russia having blackmail material on key members of the RNC explains why guys like Cruz suddenly flipped and became zealots.

I mean, we KNOW Russia hacked both the DNC and the RNC. But while Preibus says the RNC wasn't successfully hacked, it's way too much for me to believe that Russia was able to hack the Democrats so thoroughly, but get nothing out of Republicans. I never believed that for a second. It just never made sense that anti-science, anti-tech Republicans would have world class cyber security protocols and training in place.

No, Russia got something on them too.

The RNC was not aggressively targeted though. IIRC, the hackers only went after the email account of one low-level staffer who had left the RNC by that point.

It's not the GOP had some incredibly sophisticated cyber defenses, it's that Russia didn't give a shit.

Wilsongt

But her Russian uranium emails!!!

Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump

What about all of the contact with the Clinton campaign and the Russians? Also, is it true that the DNC would not let the FBI in to look?
9:14 AM · Mar 20, 2017

Diablos

Best case: Trump worked with Russia

Plot twist: no ties but he likes peeing in mouths (in Russia)

What I'm bracing for: Nothingburger, Comey is a hack.

Blader

Is Trump implying that the DNC conspired with Russian hackers to hack their own emails, embarrass their own officials, and undermine their own presidential campaign?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I think we'll get that Trump people keep coming up on regular surveillance on Russian officials and spys, but no concrete proof of collusion.

Best case scenario is that a few more of his cronies will be deeply implicated and have to step away. He seems like he'd have such a blustering businessman style that he would not be up for the subtlety and subterfuge of collusion, but leave it to his people. Sort of a "let's grab a drink, we'll let the lawyers figure out the details".

Wilsongt

[Gorsuch] asked the class to raise their hands if they knew of a female who had used a company to get maternity benefits and then left right after having a baby. Judge Gorsuch specifically targeted females and maternity leave. This question was not about parents or men shifting priorities after having children. It was solely focused on women using their companies.

I do not remember if any students raised their hands, but it was no more than a small handful of students. At that point, Judge Gorsuch became more animated saying “C’mon guys.” He then announced that all our hands should be raised because “many” women use their companies for maternity benefits and then leave the company after the baby is born.

https://thinkprogress.org/scotus-no...n-from-former-student-12db30861802#.x7n3321qx

I guess we know who Thomas is going to parrot now.

Owzers

I just found out that obama leaked Flynn's name. Illegal! Sad and sick man.

If only reporters put wiretapped in quotes it wouldn't have been important.

Chumley

Banned
Comey is a fuckball for not saying anything if this was happening since July

But this was happening since July, and he just confirmed it

This is huge news and not something any of us expected even being optimistic, he also blew up the wiretapping claims.

JP_

Banned
Both Comey and Rogers have brought up a distinction between the FISA provision about masking names of US persons with foreign intelligence gathering vs domestic intelligence gathering, which seems to be exempt from this provision. The committee members haven’t seem to have caught on to this, but my impression from it is that the Flynn stuff was leaked from the FBI (domestic) intelligence gathering, rather than NSA (foreign) intelligence gathering, so the masking of names doesn’t apply. But that’s just my impression, so it might be wrong.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Didn't the FBI drag their feet on saying that the Russians were hacking the DNC?

If they've been investigating the Trump Campaign since July then their reticence to name Russia seems shady as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom