• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Unless the Republican Senators are total quitters, Repeal & Replace is not dead! Demand another vote before voting on any other bill!
4:36 PM · Jul 29, 2017

These people won't stop until there are literally corpses on the capitol grounds, and even then they will keep going, most likely.

'As I Have Always Said': Trump's Ever-Changing Positions on Health Care

As I said from the beginning. It’s an amusing statement because Trump’s views about health care have been anything but consistent. Rather, there have been three constants: agnosticism about what a plan should look like; a fanatical desire to notch a win regardless of the quality of that win; and a refusal to give up.

In the meantime, Trump has vacillated frequently, mostly pinging between three incompatible positions: first, that Obamacare should be repealed and replaced; second, that Republicans should repeal Obamacare and worry about a replacement later; and third, as here, that Republicans should simply let Obamacare die. Let’s consider a somewhat simplified timeline of Trump’s views.

[Condensed below from the article - LF]

September 27, 2015: Repeal and replace
November 11, 2016: No preference
November 13, 2016: Simultaneous repeal and replace
January 9, 2017: Simultaneous repeal and replace
January 15, 2017: ‘Insurance for everybody’
March 7, 2017: Trump backs House plan
March 24, 2017: Wait for Obamacare to collapse
April 2, 2017: Repeal and replace
April 30, 2017: Lower premiums and deductibles
May 4, 2017: Trump praises the House’s second repeal-and-replace plan
June 13, 2017: Trump calls the House plan “mean”
June 26, 2017: Wait for Obamacare to collapse
June 30, 2017: Repeal now, replace later
July 17, 2017: Repeal now, replace later
July 18, 2017: Wait for Obamacare to collapse
July 22, 2017: Simultaneous repeal and replace
July 28, 2017: Wait for Obamacare to collapse

And now, a day later, "Repeal & Replace is not dead!"

Ernest

Banned
How the fuck does Kid Rock get 42% in a poll.

Like.

Who looks at that and goes "yeah"? Our education system has failed us.
Here's a grown-ass woman who is a wife, a mother and has a job, and she's gung-ho as fuck on Rock.
As far as our "education system", we went to the same high school... so it's not that (I hope!); some people are just dumb.
More than that, it's tribal identity.

cTzh1kK.jpg

Nydius

Here's a grown-ass woman who is a wife, a mother and has a job, and she's gung-ho as fuck on Rock.
As far as our "education system", we went to the same high school... so it's not that (I hope!); some people are just dumb.

Well, I mean, he's a Cowboy and an American Badass.
Why would you NOT want that in Senate?
/s

Wilsongt

cTzh1kK.jpg

She grew up on badawitaba apparently.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Told you things will get crazier from here. KKK will be in congress one way or another by 2020.

I wonder how long McCain can remain. At his age and in his condition, I imagine he'll deteriorate rather quickly.

Not to sound calculating, but I wouldn't be offended if he held the seat as long as possible. The longer he stays, the less time a replacement has to ingratiate him- or herself with voters before election day, making one of the AZ seats effectively open.

Oh, and I thought I'd repost some discussion points I raised last night while everyone slept. Feel free to respond to them or ignore them, whichever tickles your fancies:
And besides, whoever is replacing McCain will need to answer McCain's vote to shut down GOP effort. It's either McCain is a sellout or McCain is correct.

Barzul

Moral Licensing is the reason for Obama to Trump voter switch. I think so anyway. Obama vote was their get out of jail racism card.

Is he trying to get you all to hit the debt ceiling

Please don't let him

If you don't want the US to hit the debt ceiling, then you should get in contact with Congress to change existing law or abolish the ceiling. If Congress doesn't allow the US to pay bills for things they've already approved, then that's on them rather than other gov't officials.

KingV

If you don't want the US to hit the debt ceiling, then you should get in contact with Congress to change existing law or abolish the ceiling. If Congress doesn't allow the US to pay bills for things they've already approved, then that's on them rather than other gov't officials.

There was some debate during the Obama administration over whether or not the debt ceiling was actually legally binding, but it's never been tested in court.

I'm not sure if Trump would even want to test it, or is smart enough to even try, or understands the implications of it.

It's possible the debt ceiling could be a 100% Trump/Congress complete and utter fuck-up. My guess is that the democrats will come in and save them, but probably demand that the Obamacare CSR guarantees are part of it... and probably some other shit. Actually, if I was a democrat I would gladly support a 6 month extension, safe in the knowledge you could easily bend the Republican caucus over again the next time it comes up.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It should really be removed, but i'd also be ok with it being raised automatically unless prevented by congress.

KingV

It should really be removed, but i'd also be ok with it being raised automatically unless prevented by congress.

It definitely should be removed. The idea that congress authorizes spending, and then also has to reauthorize the approval to borrow the money to spend that they have already authorized is basically ridiculous.

I am very disappointed in China. Our foolish past leaders have allowed them to make hundreds of billions of dollars a year in trade, yet...

...they do NOTHING for us with North Korea, just talk. We will no longer allow this to continue. China could easily solve this problem!

Wilsongt

@realDonaldTrump
·
1m
...they do NOTHING for us with North Korea, just talk. We will no longer allow this to continue. China could easily solve this problem!

Donald J. Trump
·
8m
I am very disappointed in China. Our foolish past leaders have allowed them to make hundreds of billions of dollars a year in trade, yet...

Donald J. Trump
·
21m
I love reading about all of the "geniuses" who were so instrumental in my election success. Problem is, most don't exist. #Fake News! MAGA

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member

So... what's shit-brick done to change things? If we're going with his dumbass logic, China's made at least $50 billion in trade in the almost 6 months he's been at the helm and he's done nothing.

Owzers

So we're back to china could easily fix it? Didn't we just get the "i sat down for 10 minutes and it's more complicated than I thought" routine a couple months ago?

Nydius

I'll never understand this "China could fix it!" claim. The best China could do is economically strangle North Korea by stopping all coal imports. At best that's a speed bump. Even if China were to completely cut off North Korea, it's more likely that would embolden Kim Jong Un further. And it's not like Russia isn't a stone's throw away and able to meddle with the situation themselves.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'll never understand this "China could fix it!" claim. The best China could do is economically strangle North Korea by stopping all coal imports. At best that's a speed bump. Even if China were to completely cut off North Korea, it's more likely that would embolden Kim Jong Un further. And it's not like Russia isn't a stone's throw away and able to meddle with the situation themselves.

Russia is the real question, their ability to step into replace any China issued sanctions would make the whole thing moot.

Trump said:
I love reading about all of the "geniuses" who were so instrumental in my election success. Problem is, most don't exist. #Fake News! MAGA

Wait, is he trying to downplay others effort in his campaign?

Crocodile

As long as they don't nuke anybody, isn't it in China's interest to keep NK around and stop the Korean Peninsula from merging into one country?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am going to get my tinfoil, and say this is Putin playing the long con. He wants to egg China on to annexing North Korea, to normalize the annexation of Crimea.

Most likely its Trump just running his mouth and having no clue how to handle North Korea's growing armament.

I am going to get my tinfoil, and say this is Putin playing the long con. He wants to egg China on to annexing North Korea, to normalize the annexation of Crimea.

Most likely its Trump just running his mouth and having no clue how to handle North Korea's growing armament.

I don't think anything involving NK is going to be normalized like that. It's sort of the exception's exception.

China has no desire to annex NK and deal with that insane population and the horrific lack of infrastructure, education, and so much more

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

If China allowed nothing over the border, NK would fold in less than a month, period. Do you really think NK can sustain itself? It would force NK to work things out with SK to fuel its economy.

Nobody wants those millions of starving, uneducated North Koreans. China doesn't want them and S. Korea can't afford them.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nobody wants those millions of starving, uneducated North Koreans. China doesn't want them and S. Korea can't afford them.

And no one wants to deal with bringing North Korea's infrastructure to a workable level. I've heard it would cost an absolutely insane amount of money. We're talking in terms of the world's GDP.

Kusagari

North Korea has 25 million people. The vast majority of them unskilled, uneducated and poor.

Neither China nor South Korea, no matter what they say, wants to deal with that. No country on Earth would even be prepared or capable of dealing with that.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
North Korea has 25 million people. The vast majority of them unskilled, uneducated and poor.

Neither China nor South Korea, no matter what they say, wants to deal with that. No country on Earth would even be prepared or capable of dealing with that.

It'd be a refugee crisis the likes of which the world has never seen and the longer this is allowed to continue without improvement the worse it's going to get. Short of the next Kim deciding to try and modernize the country and it's people it's a mess with no answer.

Teggy

DonaldTrump
3 Chief of Staffs in less than 3 years of being President: Part of the reason why @BarackObama can't manage to pass his agenda.
3:07 PM · Jan 10, 2012

Maggie Haberman made the point why it's so easy to find these is that Trump never has a thought of his own, he just watches Fox News and tweets whatever they say.

Barzul

Wait the new Scaramucci story is nuts. His wife was giving birth and he was with Trump and only texted her "Congratulations, I'll pray for our child". Holy Cow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom