• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Official May 6th Primary Thread (All I need is a Hirracle, all I need is you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
grandjedi6 said:
Pfft, those aren't fresh at all. They are at least 6 hours old :p
meh!!!!

6fuhvdf650.png

Pretty interesting Jared Bernstein blog on McCain's plans for domestic economic policy.

excerpt from blog said:
For seven long years, we've tried entrusting our government to those who discredit it, defund it, and fundamentally disbelieve in its role, except when they seek a lucrative contract or a bailout. We gone down the road-and it is a crumbling road, with potholes and failing bridges -- where the solution to every problem is a tax cut, where critical agencies are staffed with cronies at best and opposition lobbyists at worst, where secrecy trumps transparency and cynicism rules, where budget resources are never available for expanding children's health care, but always there for war.

WickedAngel said:
I thought you were exaggerating with this post but a little research into Gloria Steinem revealed otherwise...what a terrifyingly ignorant way to view the world.

oh you've seen nothing yet.

from: http://jezebel.com/342251/are-young-women-denying-the-sexual-caste-system-in-the-presidential-race [NSFW site!!]

"Sexism is still confused with nature as racism once was; because anything that affects males is seen as more serious than anything that affects "only" the female half of the human race; because children are still raised mostly by women (to put it mildly) so men especially tend to feel they are regressing to childhood when dealing with a powerful woman; because racism stereotyped black men as more "masculine" for so long that some white men find their presence to be masculinity-affirming (as long as there aren't too many of them)."

that last sentence is truly something. essentially she says that some white men are supporting a black man because a] they believe the stereotype of black hypermasculinity, and b] supporting someone like Obama consequently affirms their masculinity.

i support feminism, but not stupidity. ;p

Lost Fragment said:
Virginia is very much a red state. I don't see how it's surprising.

Virginia is one of the states that Obama plans on winning in the GE. There's a lot of democratic leadership there, I certainly wouldn't call it a solidly, irrevocably red state...

Yeah. I mean, I know we're like 6 months away from the GE and it's not going to stay that way, I'm just saying...

edit: lol I need to go to sleep and stop posting nonsense

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Souldriver said:
You nearly cried?!?

Ok, I think it's time you cut back your daily Obama time.

Remember that you are talking to Thunder Monkey. The poster who frequently refers to himself as if he was actually a lab monkey posting on the internet

AniHawk

Deus Ex Machina said:
Fresh GE Polls! Get your fresh GE polls right here: Michigan, Virginia, North Carolina, and Oreg

Michigan

Obama: 44
McCain: 45

Election 2008 Michigan

Virginia

Obama: 44
McCain: 47

(Rasmussen hasn't released these yet, but these are the numbers that have been leaked.)

North Carolina

Obama: 45
McCain: 48

(Rasmussen hasn't released these yet, but these are the numbers that have been leaked.)

Oregon

Obama: 52
McCain: 38

Election 2008 Oregon

Why is Oregon listed? I didn't think that would ever really be in danger of going red.

CA, on the other hand.

AniHawk said:
Why is Oregon listed? I didn't think that would ever really be in danger of going red.

CA, on the other hand.

There's a really good reason for that, if you think about it REALLY hard...

Oregon is next week, they we're polling them anyways, duh

GhaleonEB

TheKingsCrown said:
Perfect. End thread.
What have you done?! We traveled back in time to end the thread here. :(

Also, Obama picked up four supers while we were down.

5-12-08 - Added Rep. Tom Allen (ME) for Obama
- Added DNC Dolly Strazar (HI) for Obama
- Added Sen. Daniel Akaka (HI) for Obama
- Added Idaho Democratic Party Chair DNC R. Keith Roark (ID) for Obama

DemConWatch has him up by 8.5 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom