• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Official May 6th Primary Thread (All I need is a Hirracle, all I need is you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
scorcho said:
oh great. more voter ID (black/poor disenfranchisement) laws. go democracy!
Indeed. And why America still doesn't make election days observed holidays, I don't know. Trying to keep the poor working class from going to the polls, I guess.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
MightyHedgehog said:
Indeed. And why America still doesn't make election days observed holidays, I don't know. Trying to keep the poor working class from going to the polls, I guess.

That's a really good point I had not considered

theBishop

Banned
DrForester said:
I'm all for ID's, drivers licenses, or passports being required for voting, but birth certificates is just silly.

I would submit that a higher percentage of voters have a birth certificate than a state-issued ID.

Still, voter fraud is a manufactured issue by Republicans to lower voter turnout. I oppose any such attempt.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'll admit to ignorance on the deeper issues of this subject. Why is there opposition to requiring ID's when people vote?

What kind of voters are being disenfranchised who can't take a day to go to the DMV and get an ID or Drivers License? Even that issue with the Nuns in Indiana sounded like they had warning and could have gotten the issue resolved before primary day.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
theBishop said:
Still, voter fraud is a manufactured issue by Republicans to lower voter turnout. I oppose any such attempt.
that's the key point. there's been a lot of conjecture and bluster about it from Republicans in the press on how 'rampant' this is with little actual evidence.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
scorcho said:
that's the key point. there's been a lot of conjecture and bluster about it from Republicans in the press on how 'rampant' this is with little actual evidence.

I would say that even if it isn't rampant, if it exists, it should be fixed. "Small" or "Big" problem is totally irrelevant.

scorcho

DrForester said:
I would say that even if it isn't rampant, if it exists, it should be fixed. "Small" or "Big" problem is totally irrelevant.
it exists as a statistical footnote, and laws like this aren't geared to stopping voter fraud - only in dissuading as many lower socio-economic individuals from voting as possible.

Diablos said:
wtf

Gotta wonder how many states will try to do this...

2lcbmad.png

...yeah

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
DrForester said:

yes, but alot of legal citizens cant vote bc they have no ID, nor the time to get one. its like chopping off your hand to remove a hangnail.

joetachi said:
capt.e894c4f604684cd58a13f868146c6bcb.obama_2008_orjh143.jpg

Im loving this pic the photographer deserves a raise.
No shit dude.

I nearly cried at that pic.

Outstanding shot.

edit: looking at all of the shots, that photographer just has one hell of an eye.

They pick up the emotion of a scene very well.

ive been playing around with the www.270towin.com thing, and i dont see any way obama can lose this november. i have him winning without ohio or florida, and even if you take away new mexico which i gave him then its a 269-269 tie, which would result in an obama win. plus he can actually win ohio or a state like virginia or NC which would just be icing on the cake.

AniHawk

Francois the Great said:
ive been playing around with the www.270towin.com thing, and i dont see any way obama can lose this november. i have him winning without ohio or florida, and even if you take away new mexico which i gave him then its a 269-269 tie, which would result in an obama win. plus he can actually win ohio or a state like virginia or NC which would just be icing on the cake.

So Obama needs to take at least NV or NM plus CO to at least tie (and this is if he loses NH). There sure are a lot of states up for grabs this time, and in Obama's favor.

AniHawk said:
So Obama needs to take at least NV or NM plus CO to at least tie (and this is if he loses NH). There sure are a lot of states up for grabs this time, and in Obama's favor.

exactly. the way it looks now, at LEAST a tie is certain, which means an obama win.

and this is before ANY debate or mccain scrutinizing, and while the democratic party is in-fighting.

if obama doesn't get killed between now and january he will be our first black president.

OH THIS IS RICH! Latest Clinton Ad Uses Newspaper Clipping on TROOPERGATE!

They couldn't actually find a newspaper clipping that was titled what they wanted ("Obama Attacks Clinton gas tax plan"), so they made one up... but they attached the headline to a Troopergate article! LOL!

Here is a screen capture from the downloaded hi-res copy from Clinton's website:
troopergatesf1.png

Here is the summary:
Troopergate is the popular name of an alleged scandal involving allegations by two Arkansas state troopers that they arranged sexual liaisons for then-governor Bill Clinton. The allegations by state troopers Larry Patterson and Roger Perry were first reported by David Brock in the American Spectator in 1993. The story mentioned a woman named Paula, a reference to Paula Jones.

Here is a link to the ad from Clinton's website: http://www.hillaryclinton.com/video/182.aspx

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Francois the Great said:

There are several factors that are going to play into the general election results:

If the Democrats can't paint McCain as Bush 2.0 and if Obama can't rearrange the political landscape:
-- then a narrow Democrat win

If McCain does get tied to his party's bad public opinion, and if Obama's 50 state strategy works:
-- then an Obama landslide

Deus Ex Machina said:

They couldn't actually find a newspaper clipping that was titled what they wanted ("Obama Attacks Clinton gas tax plan"), so they made one up... but they attached the headline to a Troopergate article! LOL!

Here is a screen capture from the downloaded hi-res copy from Clinton's website:
[IMG.]http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/6030/troopergatesf1.png[/IMG]

Here is the summary:

Here is a link to the ad from Clinton's website: http://www.hillaryclinton.com/video/182.aspx
That's weird as hell...what were they thinking?

grandjedi6

Deus Ex Machina said:

troopergatesf1.png

Here is the summary:

:lol

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
See, you guys don't get it! Everyone already knows Hillary is dishonest! That's going to be a positive for her. How do you guys not realize that?!

Amir0x

Banned
yeah you totally know what you're getting with Hillary

but with Obama, who knows? i'm not saying he's a muslim terrorist sympathizer or anything, at least not that i'm aware of, but there is a cloud of uncertainty over his possible presidency.

Amir0x said:

but with Obama, who knows? i'm not saying he's a muslim terrorist sympathizer or anything, at least not that i'm aware of, but there is a cloud of uncertainty over his possible presidency.
and also he doesn't want to save you money!

and he doesn't believe in the flag and neither does his wife.

edit: and he has no legislative experience.

scorcho

Amir0x said:

cooltrick?

KRS7

AniHawk said:
I wonder how long it's gonna take before someone takes a jab (figuratively speaking) at his daughters. Some people stop at nothing.

No kidding, there is no shame is some people.
Obama is being ruthlessly smeared online.
Check out http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/obama.asp

Besides some emails which are just plain racist, you have the various Muslim lies, African separatist ties, and various other smears (OMG he is the Antichrist). Not a single postive article.

Compare that to McCain's page

Only two articles, and one is about how sweet of a woman Cindy McCain is.

pxleyes

Banned
Just saw a bit where Obama said he thinks to move away from the combustion engine we need a movement to the scale and scope of the Apollo program. I've been saying that for 2 years now and to hear him actually come out and state that is the kind of movement we needs is so refreshing...because he's right. It will take something to that scale and funding to move us away from oil and if this man is willing to do that, then he not only has my vote but anything I can do from now till Nov to get him in office.

grandjedi6

Amir0x said:
just how patriotic is Barack Hussein Obama?
Is he Islamic or is he not? I know he's tried to talk about it but he hasn't looked me in the eye and told me

It's sad that I just quoted an elected official

Amir0x said:

as far as you know *shrug*

Zaptruder

Banned
pxleyes said:
Just saw a bit where Obama said he thinks to move away from the combustion engine we need a movement to the scale and scope of the Apollo program. I've been saying that for 2 years now and to hear him actually come out and state that is the kind of movement we needs is so refreshing...because he's right. It will take something to that scale and funding to move us away from oil and if this man is willing to do that, then he not only has my vote but anything I can do from now till Nov to get him in office.

Goddammit Obama. You can't make me love you anymore then I already do. Don't make me stalk you bitch!

grandjedi6 said:
Is he Islamic or is he not? I know he's tried to talk about it but he hasn't looked me in the eye and told me

It's sad that I just quoted an elected official
wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

who said it?

MightyHedgehog said:

Agreed. About time this comes to pass.

That and I agree that Rachel needs her own damn show already...I've even read some people float the idea that she should be Obama's White House Press Secretary :D

Seriously speaking, if offered the job, I could see why she or anyone who had and would like to continue their career as a news analyst would refuse. After all, isn't taking the job as THE WH spin doctor or PR mouthpiece seen as the credibility kiss of death?

Triumph

Banned
Lv99 Slacker said:
Agreed. About time this comes to pass.

That and I agree that Rachel needs her own damn show already...I've even read some people float the idea that she should be Obama's White House Press Secretary :D

Seriously speaking, if offered the job, I could see why she or anyone who had and would like to continue their career as a news analyst would refuse. After all, isn't taking the job as THE WH spin doctor or PR mouthpiece seen as the credibility kiss of death?
The cool thing about it is that a lot of states now have early voting, where you can vote sometimes up to WEEKS in advance. Also, in NC you can choose paper or electronic ballots for one stop early voting, but on election day you're basically stuck with whatever is at your precinct. I know I prefer something with a fucking trail myself.

grandjedi6

laesperanzapaz said:
wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

who said it?
West Virginia's Wayne County Clerk, Bob Pasley

Triumph said:
I miss that guy, was always good for some laughs.

Both Cooltrick and APF haven't been seen since before Obama's win. I assume APF is just on some egocentric GAF boycott right now, but I'm kinda worried about Cooltrick. Watching Hillary go down in flames must've had some mental consequences on the guy

PoliceCop said:
You really don't seem to get it.

No I'm pretty sure I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom