• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Xbox One policy "gross, despicable, greedy, pathetic, cowardly"

fvng

Yes, a 7.5 (meaning "A great but flawed game;easily recommendable" according to their review guidelines) is a poor score.

I'm weary of wild deviations from the norm, like that. GAF has made me paranoid

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
LOL these people need to seriously get out of their parents basements and get a life, it's a video game console for Christs sake........you'd think Microsoft was selling their daughter into the sex slave industry.

this post is truly pathetic

What's that? Did someone say Citizen Kane somewhere in this thread?

citizen-kane-clapping-gif.gif

Nah but seriously that was a good read.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
LOL these people need to seriously get out of their parents basements and get a life, it's a video game console for Christs sake........you'd think Microsoft was selling their daughter into the sex slave industry.

If you're not passionate about video games. Why are you even posting on this forum?

Just checked Google News; this has now hit The Wall Street Journal.

The Wall Street Journal said:
“This new generation of games,” as Microsoft describes it, is worth putting into context: It’s the final stage in the transition of video games from goods, sold as a physical object that you own, to services, delivered online in tandem with a disc you buy in a store.

You own an object, but you merely access a service.

Nice article, it pretty much nails it, you don't really own your games as you used to in the previous generations.

Alebrije

Wow. I will take it with a "grain of salt" , this could be just an strategy to gain reliability and then throw positive articles about Xbone after E3.

Polygon's seats to the MS presser just got re-allocated.

For real though, nice to see them(or Chris, at least) pushing back against Microsoft's policies.

Gaming journalism hasn't changed, nor are they standing up for gamers. This changes nothing as far as my attitude towards them.

There are big businesses out there that stand to lose money due to MS's next-gen policy, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that those companies are subsidizing this anti-MS campaign. Essentially, these gaming journos are switching from one pimp to another.

Well you know what the enemy of my enemy so go big business and take MS down.

Kikujiro

You need to get out of your parents basement and get a life, you're spending all your days defending a corporation on a gaming forum for Christ sake, it's like they own your life.

Gaming journalism hasn't changed, nor are they standing up for gamers. This changes nothing as far as my attitude towards them.

There are big businesses out there that stand to lose money due to MS's next-gen policy, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that those companies are subsidizing this anti-MS campaign. Essentially, these gaming journos are switching from one pimp to another.

Who are you thinking of? Sure publishers would probably lose money in the long run when blocking used games, but unfortunately many of them don't realize that, so I don't think you are talking about them.

Are you referring to chains like Gamestop? Because I'm pretty sure they love this direction that Microsoft has chosen as it pretty much gives them an oligopoly on used games, with small independent stores and private transactions over ebay and the like being shut out.

Savitar

Wow, that actually WAS good, I'm shocked to see such a thing at that site of all places.

Sadly the writer is probably being berated by Gies if not being beaten by him right now with a bag of oranges.

Freki

Oh well? Not any companies problem. Pretty sure the underprivileged have bigger issues to concentrate on than the Xbox One.

That 599$ level denial right here...
Why don't you suggest that the underprivileged should just get two jobs while you are at it?

Top Bottom