• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to add, Tom Philips said yes to no Fox characters in general, not just the X-Men. This is what I asked.

Fox has the movie rights to Kl'rt/Super-Skrull in particular, so he's fucked by virtue of Marvel avoiding Fox-owned characters.
Right, but Fox is probably not going to try to write Super Skrull into a movie just because he might be in Marvel 4, and especially with the utter failure that was the FF reboot, we probably won't see them for a while.

MADGAME

I hope it's out by the end of the year

I think they have been announcing a lot of their digital re-releases and remasters a few months before release. My guess would be around February.

I hope they pull it like that DR3 DLC and surprises us with "available now".

"Available now!"
Please.

Available now would give me a weapons-grade hyper combo etection, by end of year is still damn quick, and even by end of Feb would be fine.

Anxiously awaiting official info.

Right, but Fox is probably not going to try to write Super Skrull into a movie just because he might be in Marvel 4, and especially with the utter failure that was the FF reboot, we probably won't see them for a while.
Ehh, I'd more expect to see Doom or Wolverine than Skrull. No Fox means no Fox, it doesn't have to make rational sense.

Ehh, I'd more expect to see Doom or Wolverine than Skrull. No Fox means no Fox, it doesn't have to make rational sense.
Probably, yeah.
Doom has a chance by virtue of his new FF reboot appearance being utter shit and doesn't look anything like comic Doom, but Wolvy is dead and gone especially with Logan coming up.
Doom still has a very low chance.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
One thing to add, Tom Philips said yes to no Fox characters in general, not just the X-Men. This is what I asked.
TBH this is a super general answer that I wouldn't put too much stock into, kind of assumes the other person knows Fox = more than X-Men as well, which you can't be sure of unless you ask about FF/Doom specifically. Same reason why all of these articles are super vaguely written about whether they can confirm no X-Men or just suggest no X-Men.

Figured as much. Like I said, I refuse to believe Marvel is that dumb to not include Deadpool or Wolverine until something is officially shown. They need to get over the Fox situation.
I'm on the same boat, cautiously hoping for some X-Men. If nothing happens, DLC could add them.

SpaceWolf

Banned
I tried to compile all the information we have thus far because as time goes on people are just trying to spread nonsense, and the OP isn't being updated. I left out completely unreliable/unaccountable stuff (4Chan, Discord), but all of this stuff shouldn't be taken as fact and people should use their own judgment.

Information:

Early testing for MvC4 will begin next year
Source:
YogaFlame24 via Twitter

MvC4 will be announced at Playstation Experience/Capcom Cup, a 2017 Title
Source:
Names withheld to protect them, but established members of the FGC/Ryce say it will be announced specifically after Capcom Cup Grand Finals.
Source: Polygon's independent sources point to an announcement more generally this weekend.
Source: Eurogamer's own sources corroborate an announcement more generally at the Playstation Experience.
Source: SneakersSO says we'll see it at the PSX keynote first. Mentions this repeatedly, as well as that what will happen at Capcom Cup will instead be an exhibition.
Source: Lupinko.
Source: shinobi602

Team Ninja is involved
Source:
Names withheld to protect them, but established members of the FGC/Ryce.

No more X-Men, focus on MCU Characters
Source:
Polygon suggests, with the author clarifying on twitter this conclusion was reached by what he was told to expect.
Source: Eurogamer corroborating Polygon's claims.
Source: Nibel via Twitter.
Source: A Malaysian animator via d3v of SRK, although d3v later said not to put too much stock into this as the source could not be confirmed

MvC4 will feature Ant-Man & Groot
Source:
Polygon, with the author specifying that these characters were specifically named.
Source: Eurogamer corroborating Polygon's report

MvC4 will feature Dr. Strange
Source:
Eurogamer.

"Good news for fans of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 specifically coming soon"
Source:
Polygon
Speculation: A UMvC3 port to be announced at either the TGAs or PSX based on a sudden UMvC3 stream by Iron Galaxy, and Marvel-Related tweets by Iron Galaxy CEO, a developer that has a history in doing Capcom re-releases.

MCU Film Actors involved, there is no "4" in the game title
Source:
Nibel via Twitter.

MvC4 is a Sony Exclusive
Source:
SneakersSO heard about a year and a half ago that Sony made a deal with Capcom to develop a Vs. game, later specified as Marvel from sources close to Capcom.

Combofiend is the new battle director
Source:
sephi22

Will be more casual-focused compared to SFV which is more competitive-focused, have big marketing push
Source:
sephi22

The Gameplay will take a 2v2 + 1 Assist Format
Source:
A Malaysian animator via d3v of SRK,, although d3v later said not to put too much stock into this as the source could not be confirmed.

Teases/Ambiguous/Probably Nothing:

Lupinko tweeting about X-Men
Source:
A post-Polygon article beserker barrage of X-Men related tweets, some of which have #datmarvel.

"Bounce"
Source:
A series of GAF posts by bishoptl: 1 2 3

My man!

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this.

Jawmuncher

Man, I'd be down with having UMvC3 on a current gen system so I only have to worry about taking one console to locals. PC port would be so sweet, as we-

lmao what self respecting Mahvel player plays on the PS3?!

Everyone knows ps3 makes da best games

I tried to compile all the information we have thus far because as time goes on people are just trying to spread nonsense, and the OP isn't being updated. I left out completely unreliable/unaccountable stuff (4Chan, Discord), but all of this stuff shouldn't be taken as fact and people should use their own judgment.

Information:

Source:
YogaFlame24 via Twitter

Source:
Names withheld to protect them, but established members of the FGC/Ryce say it will be announced specifically after Capcom Cup Grand Finals.
Source: Polygon's independent sources point to an announcement more generally this weekend.
Source: Eurogamer's own sources corroborate an announcement more generally at the Playstation Experience.
Source: SneakersSO says we'll see it at the PSX keynote first. Mentions this repeatedly, as well as that what will happen at Capcom Cup will instead be an exhibition.

Team Ninja is involved
Source:

Source:
Polygon suggests, with the author clarifying on twitter this conclusion was reached by what he was told to expect.
Source: A Malaysian animator via d3v of SRK, although d3v later said not to put too much stock into this as the source could not be confirmed

Source:
Polygon, with the author specifying that these characters were specifically named.

Source:
Eurogamer.

Source:
Polygon
Speculation: A UMvC3 port to be announced at either the TGAs or PSX based on a sudden UMvC3 stream by Iron Galaxy, and Marvel-Related tweets by Iron Galaxy CEO, a developer that has a history in doing Capcom re-releases.

Source:
Nibel via Twitter.

MvC4 is a Sony Exclusive
Source:
SneakersSO heard about a year and a half ago that Sony made a deal with Capcom to develop a Vs. game, later specified as Marvel from sources close to Capcom.

Source:
sephi22

Will be more casual-focused compared to SFV which is more competitive-focused, have big marketing push
Source:
sephi22

Source:
A Malaysian animator via d3v of SRK,, although d3v later said not to put too much stock into this as the source could not be confirmed.

Source:
A post-Polygon article beserker barrage of X-Men related tweets, some of which have #datmarvel.

"Bounce"
Source:

this is an incredible summary and needs to be in the OP or something. will go down in GAF history for sure.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If we get a port of UMVC3 it means that Capcom and Marvel have worked out a deal. I *highly* doubt the deal would be limited to a re-release of UMVC3. It would *have* to be MVC4 as well.

Information:

Source:
YogaFlame24 via Twitter

Source:

Team Ninja is involved
Source:

Source:

Source:

Source:
Eurogamer.

Source:
Polygon

Source:
Nibel via Twitter.

MvC4 is a Sony Exclusive
Source:

Source:
sephi22

Source:
sephi22

Source:

Source:

"Bounce"
Source:

Excellent post.

I'd buy it but I'd be bummed if they made mvc3 BC. I found a copy of mvc3 for 360 at a Walmart in some small ass town like 2 weeks ago but passed on picking it up. Probably gone now though

Menitta

I'd buy it but I'd be bummed if they made mvc3 BC. I found a copy of mvc3 for 360 at a Walmart in some small ass town like 2 weeks ago but passed on picking it up. Probably gone now though

Well, if it was added to BC, it would likely be available digitally as well.

I'd still be bummed because I don't own an Xbox One arcade stick so UMVC3 on BC is worthless to me.

license that skullgirls infinite recognition software to play A_Rival and Triforce - Zoop Zoop when ur in the lightning loop

Perfect.

NexusCell

So do any sources specify that its specifically a 2D fighter? Because if Team Ninja is potentially involved then I'm worried it could also be 3D.

vg260

Well, if it was added to BC, it would likely be available digitally as well.

I'd still be bummed because I don't own an Xbox One arcade stick so UMVC3 on BC is worthless to me.

These are not valid reasons to not want it brought over via BC. There's no downside to it, really.

FinKL

We need answers to "Bounce"
It could be sources corroborating each other's info and "bouncing" between each other, or it's definitely Amingo and it's bouncing cactuses!

Platy

The reason the xmen and ff wouldnt be in is that it would give the movie versions popularity
Super Skrull isn't in the Fox cinematic universe and so him coming back wouldn't give Fox free publicity

1) there isn't a fox cinematic universe
2) super skrull isn't in YET

Dude is like top 3 FF villain next to Doom and Galactus ... it is a matter of time till someone make a movie with him

Platy

Forgot the capcom cup poster that is totaly a reference to marvel vs capcom =P

Was this posted?

545acf727e.png

Squire

Banned
1) there isn't a fox cinematic universe
2) super skrull isn't in YET

Dude is like top 3 FF villain next to Doom and Galactus ... it is a matter of time till someone make a movie with him

There is. To the point they were going to do a FF/X-men crossover until Trank's movie turned out to be a disaster. That's why Simon Kimberly and Matthew Vaughn were producers on that film. FF is the only thing that's missing though. All the X-men films are in a single canon, married by DOFP, with The Last Stand basically cancelled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom