• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Het_Nkik

Gee, i wonder why the main character, a ryu expy, which the game plot's revolves around is the face of the series.

Yeah, but Kyosuke was the first Rival Schools rep they used for a crossover! So I thought they'd keep things fresh by having different reps in different games. But I got Batsu in both TvC and Project X Zone. No more Batsu. Someone new!

Plus Akira was planned for Capcom Fighting All-Stars so... it's finally her time to shine! Please.

jeemer

i have marvel on the brain because of this thread. i'm a pc player and my only console is a wii u. always said i'd get a ps4 and a stick if mvc4 was announced as an exclusive.i really do not care what characters end up in it as long as they don't change the style/gameplay too much, and i would personally prefer if it stays 3v3.

mvc4 aside if iron galaxy are doing a umvc3 pc port, and not just console, it would make me so happy. it could tide me over with my existing stick and hardware.

i keep thinking about umvc3 coming to pc with a patch. that alone would last me ages! being patched seems rather hopeful but, bloody hell... a month ago mvc4 seemed like it would never happen. now there's talk of it being a certainty for an announcement this weekend, but first iron galaxy are streaming umvc3?? i thought this was meant to be the darkest timeline.

Sesha

Iron Galaxy, who previously did 3rd Strike Online, MvC Origins, Darkstalkers Resurrection and D&D: Chronicles of Mystara for Capcom, are planning on streaming UMvC3 before Capcom Pro Tour and PSX, and now two days before, Adam Boyes, the CEO of Iron Galaxy randomly tweets about heading to VGAswhile posting pictures of a couple of Marvel shirts.

There's no way UMvC3 remaster or MvC4 isn't happening. My crazy guess is UMvC3 remaster at VGAs, followed by MvC4 at Capcom Pro Tour.

Iron Galaxy, who previously did 3rd Strike Online, MvC Origins, Darkstalkers Resurrection and D&D: Chronicles of Mystara for Capcom, are planning on streaming UMvC3 before Capcom Pro Tour and PSX, and now two days before, Adam Boyes, the CEO of Iron Galaxy randomly tweets about heading to VGAswhile posting pictures of a couple of Marvel shirts.

There's no way UMvC3 remaster or MvC4 isn't happening.

I just wonder if it's PS4 exclusive or PC will happen as well

Menitta

There's no way UMvC3 remaster or MvC4 isn't happening. My crazy guess is UMvC3 remaster at VGAs, followed by MvC4 at Capcom Pro Tour.

I agree with this. There's just way too much smoke for all of this to be nothing. A UMVC3 port being announced at VGAs and not PSX would probably mean its multiplat.

Bulletzen72

Excuse my ignorance but didn't Iron Galaxy do that shit show of a port of Batman: Arkham Knight for the PC?
I could be wrong but If so then I'm somewhat less enthused.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
If these really turn out to be PS4 (and/or PC) exclusives, the console will have USF4, SFV, UMvC3 and the new Marvel game exclusively.
That's pretty crazy. I don't think fighting game releases ever favored one platform that much.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Excuse my ignorance but didn't Iron Galaxy do that shit show of a port of Batman: Arkham Knight for the PC?

It's been known for quite some time the horrible PC ports of WB games were the fault of WB and not specifically the devs. Many stories of horrific crunch periods and only a few months to fully port PS4 titles with extremely low budgets.

PSqueak

Banned
Yeah, but Kyosuke was the first Rival Schools rep they used for a crossover! So I thought they'd keep things fresh by having different reps in different games. But I got Batsu in both TvC and Project X Zone. No more Batsu. Someone new!

Plus Akira was planned for Capcom Fighting All-Stars so... it's finally her time to shine! Please.

I mean, i agree with you on the whole "let's have somebody else" thing, but i mean, let's not pretend Batsu is not the face of the franchise for obvious reasons XD

Personally Kyosuke was my fave always.

Inb4 sony makes both marvel 4 and the umvc3 port ps4+pc exclusive
Either of those being on XBO would be a bigger surprise than no X-Men or MCU voice actors. We know the reveal is happening at PSX keynote and it's likely based on the timing that it's part of the same deal SFV was.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't it turn out that it wasn't their fault, really?

Anyway, they have done many fighting game ports before. It's probably better to look at those. None of them were on PC, though.

Either of those being on XBO would be a bigger surprise than no X-Men or MCU voice actors. We know the reveal is happening at PSX keynote and it's likely based on the timing that it's part of the same deal SFV was.
But isnt there a chance the port is coming at the TGAs tonight, which isnt directly associated with Sony?

Bulletzen72

It's been known for quite some time the horrible PC ports of WB games were the fault of WB and not specifically the devs. Many stories of horrific crunch periods and only a few months to fully port PS4 titles with extremely low budgets.

They assisted Rocksteady. However WB more or less was "Yo push that shit out, it's been long enough"
http://kotaku.com/sources-warner-bros-knew-that-arkham-knight-pc-was-a-1714915219

Didn't it turn out that it wasn't their fault, really?

Anyway, they have done many fighting game ports before. It's probably better to look at those. None of them were on PC, though.

Ah! Ok! I'll still wait until impressions are out, but remain excited.

tribal24

Banned

Not really a surpise , a majority of my friends think it will be coming to Xbo. The surprise would be if Sony is to developing the game then that would guarantee exclsuive.

DrDogg

If we get a port of UMVC3 it means that Capcom and Marvel have worked out a deal. I *highly* doubt the deal would be limited to a re-release of UMVC3. It would *have* to be MVC4 as well.

Not really a surpise , a majority of my friends think it will be coming to Xbo. The surprise would be if Sony is to developing the game then that would guarantee exclsuive.
I guess I mean based on what we've heard in the past few hours, an informed person would find an XBO release more surprising.

But isnt there a chance the port is coming at the TGAs tonight, which isnt directly associated with Sony?
You're absolutely right! But that USF4 port didn't come to the XBO either if I remember correctly. In my mind Sony is involved in both of these at least a little.

tribal24

Banned
I guess I mean based on what we've heard in the past few hours, an informed person would find an XBO release more surprising.

True what would make the deal even more of a surprise is if Sony went after this game when they got the Spider-Man exclusive. Which would make me think wtf is Microsoft and Nintendo doing on this front. It could possibly be Sony the only one asking and playing ball. Reminds me of how Amazon got USPS to ship on Sundays because no one actually had iniative to make a deal.

vg260

You're absolutely right! But that USF4 port didn't come to the XBO either if I remember correctly. In my mind Sony is involved in both of these at least a little.

Yeah, I fully expect this is a Sony thing. It probably means we won't even get backward compatibility for UMvC3 or the collections on XBO, which would have been cool.

I hope Iron Galaxy is porting both UMvC3 and the Origins collections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom