• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinky

giphy.gif

FOOT DIVE

gif_avengers_ultron_tldurj.gif

FINGA LAYZAAAAA

Will he physically throw up in his mouth as a taunt or something?

Also if this means that Drax is in it, that means there's a chance that Big Dave can voice him, in which case I'd happily jump on the hype train to the insane hospital with the rest of you mutie lovers.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
bish and Geek need to spill the beans before I crash from all this hype and the pastries I had earlier today

C'mon bish, we're both Canadian, you can trust me. I'll hold on to your secrets. Keep them warm. Hold you them close and take care of them.

TDLink

Repost for new page:

If the MCU focus characters only is true then this game is gonna have a small roster.

Don't agree at all.

1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America
  3. Thor
  4. Hulk
  5. Hawkeye
  6. Spider-Man
  7. Doctor Strange
  8. Scarlet Witch
  9. Vision
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Black Panther
  12. Captain Marvel
  13. Star Lord
  14. Rocket Raccoon
  15. Groot
  16. Mantis
  17. Winter Soldier
  18. Wasp
  19. Loki
  20. Ultron
  21. Dormammu
  22. Thanos
  23. Ronan

Full Marvel roster, and that's just with people who have actually appeared (or will for sure appear) in the MCU. Once you add in other characters from these properties that haven't shown up in the films, like Venom or whatever, it's easy to see how a roster can easily be built.

Gonna wait and see but I assume that they're not stripping out all X-men characters entirely, just including characters that are more relevant to the comics these days (which the Xmen haven't really been for a while).

Wolverine (either X-23 or Old Logan) and Magento are pretty relevant still... so gonna wait and see for some official coverage before buying the Polygon story.

Either way, love to see some different characters on the roster. Everyone on this team needs to be in the game:

Except Carol
Carol will be in the game and Monica will get the boot, and it pains me to say that.

kevotam

Neo Member
Since there is a possibility this game would be a Playstation exclusive, it would be cool if Capcom could use Playstation characters and call it Playstation vs Marvel :D

Madness

Confirmed PS lifetime exclusive or just timed? Lot of Marvel and street fighter fans in NA with Xbox One's... just saying. Will buy on PS4 Pro if need be, but would prefer Xbox One as most friends family on that system/prefer XBL.

TWILT

Banned
AHHH THIS IS REAL aSDASDASDASD

If the no X-Men thing is true, I'll mostly miss Magneto, but I'll gladly take a mutant-less MvC4 than no MvC4 at all.

Inmolatus

Magneto replaced by Vison or Iron Man

Sentinel replaced by Destroyer (Thor)

Wolverine replaced by Black Panter

Storm replaced by Scarlet Witch

Phoenix/Jean grey replaced by ????

Doctor Doom replaced by ?????

Deadpool replaced by ????

Although I dont think this will happen:

Phoenix -> Wanda?Kid Nova? Sentry?
Doom-> Ultron
Deadpool-> Gwenpool

cordy

Banned
Classic Megaman = Smash Bros
Megaman X = Marvel vs Capcom 4

Even if they didn't plan on it that way, at least multiple Megaman brands get the respect they deserve rather than throwing classic on everything like always. They've already given us the Classic we want in Smash Bros. If they don't give us X then people will still be hoping for X each time this happens.

Caja 117

I mean Wolverine has being there since day one even way before the crossover was even a thing, Im talking about Children of the Atom, not having Wolverine is like not Having Ryu in an SF game.

Spinky

Outside of Ken and Ryu, let's get a brand new cast of Capcom characters. Let's shake it up on both sides.

Time to post this again.

1uOydi.gif

Literally the first thing we ever saw Jack "Family Man" Baker do was punch someone in the face.

He is made for Marvel vs Capcom.

Welcome to the franchise, son.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where are the other publications following up on this?
Others are reporting the Polygon story, but nobody is adding any new information.

Also, Polygon has seemingly changed the article title to "Sources: Marvel vs. Capcom 4 coming in 2017."

So the capcom side of the roster is going to be 100% Monster Hunter related right?
If you believe a single random chat message, a dragon from Monster Hunter made it in. Probably Rathalos?

But even that sounds weird because last time around the MH devs didn't want anything to do with MvC.

Platy

Don't even joke about that. Marvel READS these boards

C'mon you know that Marvel loves to put characters that they will make movies later in games ! That is why characters like Rocket, Strange and Dormammu ended up in Marvel 3 !

So the Marvel roster will totaly be Devil Dinossaur, Squirrel Girl, Howard the Duck, Adam Warlock, Slapstick, Man Thing, Hellcow, She Hulk, Kamala, Mephisto, Nova and Namor

Don't agree at all.

1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America
  3. Thor
  4. Hulk
  5. Hawkeye
  6. Spider-Man
  7. Doctor Strange
  8. Scarlet Witch
  9. Vision
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Black Panther
  12. Captain Marvel
  13. Star Lord
  14. Rocket Raccoon
  15. Groot
  16. Mantis
  17. Winter Soldier
  18. Wasp
  19. Loki
  20. Ultron
  21. Dormammu
  22. Thanos
  23. Ronan

Full Marvel roster, and that's just with people who have actually appeared (or will for sure appear) in the MCU. Once you add in other characters from these properties that haven't shown up in the films, like Venom or whatever, it's easy to see how a roster can easily be built.

you forgot the TV roster as well- so tack luke cage, jessica jones, daredevil, punisher, quake, ghost rider, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch of other people since I don't watch agents of shield.

Skab

Others are reporting the Polygon story, but nobody is adding any new information.

Also, Polygon has seemingly changed the article title to "Sources: Marvel vs. Capcom 4 coming in 2017."

If you believe a single random chat message, a dragon from Monster Hunter made it in. Probably Rathalos?

But even that sounds weird because last time around the MH devs didn't want anything to do with MvC.

Pvplive updated their story on the rumors to include that their sources were also saying the same thing. But I don't really know that that is worth much.

dankir

Don't agree at all.

1. Iron Man
  2. Captain America
  3. Thor
  4. Hulk
  5. Hawkeye
  6. Spider-Man
  7. Doctor Strange
  8. Scarlet Witch
  9. Vision
  10. Ant-Man
  11. Black Panther
  12. Captain Marvel
  13. Star Lord
  14. Rocket Raccoon
  15. Groot
  16. Mantis
  17. Winter Soldier
  18. Wasp
  19. Loki
  20. Ultron
  21. Dormammu
  22. Thanos
  23. Ronan

Bruh Netflix Marvel characters too
Daredevil
Luke Cake
Jessica
Agent Coulson somehow?
Iron Fist
Punisher

Now that I think about it, maybe even Batroc from Winter solider lol.

I wonder if this means X-factor is gone too.

Kind of hoping we get individual buffs for characters, Instinct mode from KI or V skills from SF5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom