• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: Yes, a new Marvel vs. Capcom game is in development. (X-Men gone, MCU focus)

Which Marvel character are you most looking forward to in MvC4?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

Multiple characters from a 700 million grossing movie is pointless when marvel has many other properties it wants to promote without representation. Thor: Ragnarok, Infinity War 1/2, New Warriors, Captain Marvel, Cloak and Dagger, The inhumans TV show, Defenders, Punisher, and possibly runaways are all coming.

We know Groot is in, and Star Lord is a bigger draw than Rocket is.

Which is why this game is going to have bucketloads of DLC. They're not pushing Rocket aside for Cloak & Dagger, the Inhumans, the Runaways or Punisher. Nor do the inclusion of Groot and Star-Lord necessitate excluding Rocket.

A boring, ineffective villian that got beaten by dancing and a group hug? Probably DLC.

Tag quote

Vex_

Banned
What if the entire capcom side is:

Blanka (first time in a vs game?)
ryu
Gouki
Yipes (secret char)
Jin
Hayato
Chun li
Shadow
Mmzero
Gene
Vex (boss char)
Falcon (powerstone)
Morrigan
Ingrid
Tiffany lords
Batsu
Viewtiful

I think this would be the best roster they could make.

Thanks.

tribal24

Banned
There's literally no reason to think this. They probably won't add any more X Men and Wolverine is the head Marvel character.

I'm rethinking about no xmen a best we might just get wolverine. But I dont think he will be advertised. Like how he use to be won't even be on the cover or ads.

The only way I'm ok with is if they do a new children of the atom game, which is never happening

The x men roster is infinitely better than the cinematic, no matter how many stones disney wants to throw at it

No doom, No cyclops, No storm, No magneto, no wolverine, no deadpool, no Spider-Man or venom, no juggernaut? your pretty much making guardians of the galaxy with iron man vs. capcom as far as my interest.

Now I do like the option of the possibility of the Netflix characters making the roster, but you are leaving the majority of the characters I love from your label out because of a deal you made with fox years before the Disney deal, I actually like Disney and what they have done for both marvel and Star Wars (my favorite franchise) but this is some petty shit that only makes you like worse, which honestly I didn't think was possible after the non push the xmen comic line has received where you essentially took your most or 2nd most beloved line of comics and ruined it by putting d tier talent and no promo around it

JeTmAn81

Runaways have a decent shot because Marvel Studios absolutely loves them and I can see one of them getting one of the quirky character slots.

Given the fact that some kind of live action Runaways has been eyed for a while and they like to put up-and-coming characters in (Strange, Rocket Raccoon and Nova in UMVC3), someone from Runaways seems possible. I'm pulling for Bruiser, I think.

Drayco21

Not enough people throwing out Ronan the Accuser for Marvel's side

Ronan would be rad; I don't see them going too hard on non-movie Guardians team members for the cosmic stuff this time though- especially since they wasted him in the movies and have other cosmic characters to promote in the movies going forward.

Captain America
Iron Man
Thor
Spider-Man
Hulk
Black Panther
Ms. Marvel
Howard the Duck
Scarlet Witch
Venom
Ultron
Thanos
Rocket
Groot
Dormammu
Medusa

That's my guess at a 16-character Marvel side.

Everybody's talking about the Marvel side but I'm really wondering what the Capcom side will look like.

Capcom has basically made nothing original since MvC3? I mean what new Capcom characters could they possibly add with at this point? lol

The best one I can think is Jake but I really doubt he would replace his father.

Not new but I say a MH rep is likely this time.

Toki767

Interestingly, Marvel isn't against using Wolverine and Deadpool in their Avengers/Spider-Man cartoons.

They don't use any other X-Men though.

Grief.exe

Thems the breaks with licensing agreements.

Also they gonna replace Dante and Vergil with Donte and Vorgil.

Will be extremely telling which direction they are taking the series. My guess is they ditch those versions as they aren't likely to contract out for that again.

Beelzebubs

The only way I'm ok with is if they do a new children of the atom game, which is never happening

The x men roster is infinitely better than the cinematic, no matter how many stones disney wants to throw at it

No doom, No cyclops, No storm, No magneto, no wolverine, no deadpool, no Spider-Man or venom, no juggernaut? your pretty much making guardians of the galaxy with iron man vs. capcom as far as my interest.

Now I do like the option of the possibility of the Netflix characters making the roster, but you are leaving the majority of the characters I love from your label out because of a deal you made with fox years before the Disney deal, I actually like Disney and what they have done for both marvel and Star Wars (my favorite franchise) but this is some petty shit that only makes you like worse, which honestly I didn't think was possible after the non push the xmen comic line has received where you essentially took your most or 2nd most beloved line of comics and ruined it by putting d tier talent and no promo around it

If it makes you feel slightly better they'll have Spider-Man/Venom as they are now part of the MCU.

Skab

There's literally no reason to think this. They probably won't add any more X Men and Wolverine is the head Marvel character.

It's a known fact. There's been a ban, post CoC, on all Fox owned characters in Marvel games.

Been said a million times now.

new head for the marvel side will probably be iron man since he brings in the most $$ from what i read online. If not him it'll be the Cap'n, its def one of those two.

Baleoce

Tbh, if MCU is the focus, then most of the Marvel protagonists are a given. I'm far more interested to see who they go for in terms of antagonists.

Seyavesh

not enough USA hulk

B0pLSvS.jpg

FinKL

Marvel wasn't so strict about pushing there movies at the time. MCU was barely a thing.

It's AMAZING how much has changed in 5 years. There's so many Marvel threads now.

In 2011 we had
Iron Man
Cap
Thor
Hulk.
Avengers hadn't even come out yet when MvC3 hit

I'm rethinking about no xmen a best we might just get wolverine. But I dont think he will be advertised. Like how he use to be won't even be on the cover or ads.

It occurs to me that in the world of big esports money, buffs and nerfs could happen for marketing purposes.

🤔

Prototype

Capcom side will be interesting.

I'm really hoping for the return of Captain Commando.

Insane level would be X, Sigma, and Vile

Rathalos as a larger character (sentinel/Hulk) would be great as a MH rep

I would really like to see Regina just because Dino Crisis is such a cool IP. She can have moves similar to Jill from MvC2 and call out various dinosaurs like Raptors to attack the opponent while she stays back and shoots them

A Power Stone Rep could be cool

Hope Strider makes it back in, such a great design.

CryptiK

You could essentially swap some characters to work like the others, like Sentinal can just be Hulkbuster, and Magento could just be Quake. Lack of Deadpool will make me sad tho.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Tbh, if MCU is the focus, then most of the Marvel protagonists are a given. I'm far more interested to see who they go for in terms of antagonists.

They are mostly crap on that end but you are almost certain to see Loki, Ultron, and Thanos. I wonder what they do with Dormammu if he comes back. His MvC 3 comicesque design is class while his movie design is bleh.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So no Magneto, no Wolverine, no Sentinel. Probably.

My rosterrrrr

Apathy

Realistically, this will be a giant advertising piece for the MCU, so i don't think people should expect obscure marvel characters

Skab

All these people mentioning mega man characters, and not one of them mentioning Protoman...

Guess I gotta fight the good fight alone, then.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I really don't know who's big among Capcom now, all they really have going is Monster Hunter (and the MH dude doesn't want them in crossover games I recall reading) and Street Fighter V, right?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I really don't know who's big among Capcom now, all they really have going is Monster Hunter (and the MH dude doesn't want them in crossover games I recall reading) and Street Fighter V, right?

Frank West will be back since he is the lead in the new DR.

OsirisBlack

Banned

Sorry but the Main Marvel Hero would be Cap or Iron man and the Main Villain is probably going to be Thanos. Wolverine is definitely tied too closely to fox especially with the Logan film coming out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom