• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon's marathon Xbox One live stream

I've got this stream snapped on my TV by the way, Stream on the right, other browser tabs on the left. Baskin' in the glorious future.

M wirlesss mouse and keyboard sucks shitthough. This is hat happens if I tye at normal speed.

Owensboro

This is madness, AA batteries are absolutely not more convenient.

To each his own amigo. I have 8-12 Eneloop batteries, and when my 360 controller tells me it's dying I pause, pop the two out, put two new ones in, and put the two discharged on to charge. I always have 4 batteries charging. Always.

When my PS3 controller says it's dying, I unplug my second (currently charging) controller, open the menu to tell my current controller to disconnect and turn off, unplug and start the 2nd controller, make sure it's assigned as controller 1 after turning on, and plug the first controller back in.

Neither scenario is more complicated, but I know that in the first scenario I always have batteries charging. If someone came over, we've played multiplayer, and they forgot to plug the thing back in then I'm SOL or putting a folding chair next to the TV (Yes, I had this exact same thing happen while playing Dead Space 2). After that little incident I bought a 10ft Mini USB cable that I'm never going to use for anything else (thanks Mini USB!) Thank god the PS4 switched to Micro USB. I've got a million of those cables lying around, and can (hopefully) plug the controller into the wall outlet near my couch VIA my cell phone charger.

Both options are valid, both are easy.

My solution to charging the DS4. Inexpensive at $25 and efficient.

41ALj0Ns8oL.jpg

Where can I buy this?

Edit: Amazon!

Ristlager

So the girl playing on the stream bearly managing to kill one zombie, is the one who was reviewing it?? If that is true I really can't take anything they say seriuosly.

Toki767

It's nice that someone finally admitted that even though the Xbox One had more games, it's more of a quality vs quantity thing in relation to PS4 vs Xbox One launch lineups.

Stop giving this people clicks, and make the world a better place. Just reading trough the comments about this makes me sick.

This site represents one of the worst bullshit the media of this industry has to offer.

Step the game up.

EDIT: Just in case of missinterpretation of my post I'm not thread whining.

phuturist

Banned
Here we go. Ryse livestream. I have never seen unedited footage from the retail version yet.

I wonder if they will check like Giant Bomb, wether those cutscenes are prerendered loading screens or in engine.

njean777

Stop giving this people clicks, and make the world a better place. Just reading trough the comments about this makes me sick.

This site represents one of the worst bullshit the media of this industry has to offer.

Step the game up.

EDIT: Just in case of missinterpretation of my post I'm not thread whining.

Haven't given them one click for about 2months going now. Will not either, just cannot support them at all after the shit they have pulled.

Some of them (Chris Plante) try to take a page from Giantbomb by being funny on stream/videos. Except, they try WAY too hard and it shows.

It's one thing to not be funny and still be interesting and likeable, but these guys are fucking beyond boring and you don't even believe for a second that they know anything about gaming other than what they're forced to read and stay in touch with for their jobs.

When my PS3 controller says it's dying, I unplug my second (currently charging) controller, open the menu to tell my current controller to disconnect and turn off, unplug and start the 2nd controller, make sure it's assigned as controller 1 after turning on, and plug the first controller in.

Wtf. Just plug the controller in.

ElNino

This is madness, AA batteries are absolutely not more convenient. This is also presuming that you only have 1 USB cable in this day and age, and the act of tethering is far less time consuming than swapping and managing batteries.
Maybe in a scenario where your PS3/4 and Xbox 360/One controllers are the only things you need to charge, but in my house I have dozens of devices that use AA or AAA batteries so having a stable of Eneloops is far more convenient than plugging in each device to charge them.

weevles

lol I'm convinced these guys will forever be able to make a comfortable living trolling GAF and Sony fans. Whatever they are doing, we keep tuning in and giving them free publicity and clicks so they definitely have zero incentive stop (assuming they had any).

I have to admit, reading these threads is super entertaining.

coldfoot

Banned
Oh, and you need to buy better rechargeable batteries. Eneloop. Trust me. You get a charger and 4 batteries for $18. How the hell did you spend $50 on batteries and a charger?
Why doesn't a $60 controller come with rechargable batteries included? This is my main beef. They could have thrown in 2 rechargable batteries and the user wouldn't have to buy anything extra, but their profits were too important. I refuse to support greedy motherfuckers like this.

derExperte

Is this for real?

He forgot to mention that the answer to 'what game are you most looking forward to on the PS4' was 'Titanfall comes out for X1 in spring'. Anyway, I hope that they fellate the X1 all night long so this stream + GAF's reactions will be as entertaining this time.

Top Bottom