• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon's marathon Xbox One live stream

MDSLKTR

lol I'm convinced these guys will forever be able to make a comfortable living trolling GAF and Sony fans. Whatever they are doing, we keep tuning in and giving them free publicity and clicks so they definitely have zero incentive stop (assuming they had any).

I have to admit, reading these threads is super entertaining.

I never once in my life gave their garbage site a click, reading threads is enough for me.

DangerStepp

This always seems to be an issue with polygon, they consider them selfs hilarious and think people actually enjoy watching them; but all we want to see is how the system/games look.

Seemed to be an issue with the ps4 broadcast as well.

does anyone have an inkling of charisma at polygon?

I'm not sure, but they seem to be overly engaged in convincing us that they do.
Everybody wanna be Giant Bomb.

Everybody can't be Giant Bomb.

Exokell

Banned
fucking ryse looks so boring, I wanna smash my head while watching it. But it looks really great though, crytek fucking used all of its staff for this game I bet,

breakfuss

Why do you have such a large horse in this race? You seem way too emotionally invested in Polygon's public image.

I'm not partial to them. I just hate the GAF bullying. I'd just as quickly stand up for any other outlet (and have). We should welcome a diverse press. I think Polygon's angle centers less around an unadulterated "love for MS" and more so reflects what THEY desire in games. What the hell is wrong with that?

I did some jr. Detective gaf work and..lets just say he's a fan and try to ignore him.

You have no idea what you're talking about, so stfu, eh? ..."jr detective work" my ass.

I agree with Owens. I also own a 360 and a PS3. I'd rather have rechargeables ($50, what??) waiting for an instant swap out and charge them back up on down time in bulk. Pop out, pop in. Never have to tether to anything during play or resync a different controller as Player 1. Takes 5 seconds. Plus if both your controllers are being used in MP on a PS3, once they die you can't switch to any other controller. With the AA's just pop more in.
The controller usually last 20-30 hours on a charge, so it would have to be one long ass MP session in order to flatten either battery. Never happens.
I completely agree with the bolded. It doesn't bother me either and it's not a deal breaker, but for people to pretend that rechargeable batters aren't just as good as a dedicated battery in a controller is crazy. Both options are valid. Both options have advantages and disadvantages. Why is it so crazy for someone to prefer one over the other?

Oh, and you need to buy better rechargeable batteries. Eneloop. Trust me. You get a charger and 4 batteries for $18. How the hell did you spend $50 on batteries and a charger?
Australia mate. It costs $18 just to drive to the shops here. Anyway the part you bolded was my main point, both ways work and cost relatively the same. I prefer 2 controllers because of the increased lifespan you get when swapping them out. I actually do it with my 360 pads too, even though I use rechargeable AA's. At the end of the day both options work great but some people here like to spin it one way. Which is crap.

I haven't even touched either of these consoles and I'm still confident I could navigate the UI's of both better than pretty much every person I've seen on a live stream so far. And I'm kind of an idiot.

Tml Matus

Banned
Ryes and Forza both full of Microtransactions. Horrible.

I'm at work so cant watch continually, ... is this for real?

I figured that they would have day one dlc and stuff but 'microtransactions' as in buy this car for $2 and buy this sword for $5?

LTWheels

Christ he is mashing way too hard for what is going on the screen. It sounds like he presses the button 4 times for one attack.

Toki767

Christ he is mashing way too hard for what is going on the screen. It sounds like he presses the button 4 times for one attack.
Yep.
i7paLCGwtLmej.gif

I hadn't heard much about the microtransaction stuff before today. How many games have em? Seems like a lot of them in one way or another. Forza, Crimson Dragon, Ryse, buying characters in Killer Instinct?

Faddy

Banned
They went into a menu and something was 4 dollars and then there was something else for multiplayer I think where you get a booster pack for in game gold (which you can also buy). They didn't really stop on it but it looks like there were plenty of items with your multiplayer character having about 8 parts to customise or upgrade.

If there are that many microtransactions I'm fucking out. That's got to be a Microsoft thing if all the titles they're publishing do it

My god... this game looks amazing but wow... I don't know if I've ever seen a game that looks this good be so boring. I think Flower has better gameplay.

Tml Matus

Banned
They went into a menu and something was 4 dollars and then there was something else for multiplayer I think where you get a booster pack for in game gold (which you can also buy). They didn't really stop on it but it looks like there were plenty of items with your multiplayer character having about 8 parts to customise or upgrade.

Wow! ... if this is true, its huge. Micro transactions in $60 games is ridiculous.

Top Bottom