• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Reactionary gifs are very much part of gay culture

And now that all the original PopGaf mems have fallen Follow us on Twitter xoxo

[Verse 2: Stevie Nicks]
Blue is the collar of the shirt of the man I love
He's hard at work, hard to the touch
But warm is the body of the girl from the land he loves
My heart is soft, my past is rough

[Pre-Chorus 2: Lana Del Rey, both]
But when I love him, get a feeling
Something close to like a sugar RUUUUUSSSHHHHH
It runs through me, but is it wasted love?
(Let's not waste it, love)

[Chorus: Lana Del Rey, Stevie Nicks, both]
But we're just beautiful people
With beautiful problems, yeah
Beautiful problems, God knows we've got them
But we gotta try (lie-la-lie)
Every day and night (lie-la-lie)

a fucking S O N G
giphy.gif

Meowster

[Verse 2: Stevie Nicks]
Blue is the collar of the shirt of the man I love
He's hard at work, hard to the touch
But warm is the body of the girl from the land he loves
My heart is soft, my past is rough

[Pre-Chorus 2: Lana Del Rey, both]
But when I love him, get a feeling
Something close to like a sugar RUUUUUSSSHHHHH
It runs through me, but is it wasted love?
(Let's not waste it, love)

[Chorus: Lana Del Rey, Stevie Nicks, both]
But we're just beautiful people
With beautiful problems, yeah
Beautiful problems, God knows we've got them
But we gotta try (lie-la-lie)
Every day and night (lie-la-lie)

a fucking S O N G
giphy.gif
It took me awhile to really get into it (I always liked it and Stevie is a legend but it just kind of felt "there" and didn't measure up to the greatness I had in mind) but I've been feeling it since my last couple of relistens and has been slowly moving up. The Sean Ono Lennon collaboration is nice too.

Don't really feel the collabs in the top half and they are probably the weakest part of an otherwise strong album.

I can't believe you of all people weren't banned lol

Lmao even I can't believe it, don't jinx it!

D5vuTYO.gif

Monsters are the cockroaches of the stan world.

We always survive.

D5vuTYO.gif

Fitting way of putting it tbh

D5vuTYO.gif

Nah sorry, as a (young) queer person who's familiar with Popgaf and twitter GIFs I think the idea of these GIFs being queer culture is ridiculous. It's an internet fad that's gonna fade away in few years.

Sure, a lot of GIFs are not only awesome but they perfectly fit and complement some of my online conversations with friends (Whatsapp/Twitter), but overusing them or posting ones that don't even make sense in the context is just annoying and NOT funny. The funniest memes become annoying if they're overused/used in the wrong context. Screaming "Homophobia!" here is just what a twitter edgelord would do. Give me a break.

Keep this up and I'm sure the mods will shut this whole community down for good. This is like the third warning & banning massacre this year.

????

What is this trash ass licking post?

FWIW, as someone who never goes in here, and who doesn't really like pop, I really enjoy the sass in the pop-gaf posting style, and enjoy seeing it when it leaks into other threads.

I thought the hate for pop-gaf was a meme joke, but it guess it was more real

Agram

Beysus, Poor GRIMES, botty, Brhoom, whiskeysailor, rhandino, MANUELF, Little Mons†er
Holy shit, was it ever this bad?
And all of this because of that fucking member who doesn't even post here but wanted to provoke a reaction and get a hit thread by using 2 gifs. S/HE should be banned ffs

It's fucking hot, hot, winter in the city
Something 'bout this weather made these kids go crazy
It's hot, even for February
Something 'bout this sun has made these kids get scary
Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit
Like oh my God
Dripping off from the walls into the ducts and shit
Oh, ho ho ho, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it
Lead me, baby, come on, come one, come on, come on

KgRxPAD.gif

Heroin punches so hard

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Beysus, Poor GRIMES, botty, Brhoom, whiskeysailor, rhandino, MANUELF, Little Mons†er
Holy shit, was it ever this bad?
And all of this because of that fucking member who doesn't even post here but wanted to provoke a reaction and get a hit thread by using 2 gifs. S/HE should be banned ffs

It's fucking hot, hot, winter in the city
Something 'bout this weather made these kids go crazy
It's hot, even for February
Something 'bout this sun has made these kids get scary
Oh, writing in blood on my walls and shit
Like oh my God
Dripping off from the walls into the ducts and shit
Oh, ho ho ho, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it
Lead me, baby, come on, come one, come on, come on

KgRxPAD.gif

Heroin punches so hard
When she starts saying "it's fucking hot" it took me back a little and surprised me lol. It was just louder than the rest of the song. And when you have lowered your volume in the car and then all of a second you hear "it's fucking hot," it can be unintentionally hilarious. Especially when it's actually hot outside.

doby

FWIW, as someone who never goes in here, and who doesn't really like pop, I really enjoy the sass in the pop-gaf posting style, and enjoy seeing it when it leaks into other threads.

I thought the hate for pop-gaf was a meme joke, but it guess it was more real

I've always assumed POPGAF to be self aware tongue-in-cheek camp humour. It's not hard to identify, the GIF's are quite frankly ridiculous. How people get offended by that is beyond me, unless of course they have issues with certain connotations...

Common, shared social media behaviour of gays = gay culture.
I disagree but still, the point is just because someone hates the twitter gifs shouldn't make you suspect that their homophobic. That's just crazy.
Yawn, you don't really say much here. What's even more funny is that you ended your initial post with "shesreachingyourhonor.gif" so why are you even arguing? I want you to link examples of times a popgaf member has posted the same gif over and over again in a single post, and don't say you don't need to since you're so familiar and in-tune with popgaf sis.

That was intentional, anyway I don't wanna dwell on this any further I think what I said was clear

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I fucking love everything about charli xcx - boys
she really has been my number 1 this year

new rules also needs to breakout already

royalan

Hey.

Some of us PopGAF veterans who don't post as often but still exist on GAF do like to lurk in here.

Don't ruin it for all of us, gurls.

ZGpJ1qu.gif

I've always assumed POPGAF to be self aware tongue-in-cheek camp humour. It's not hard to identify, the GIF's are quite frankly ridiculous. How people get offended by that is beyond me, unless of course they have issues with certain connotations...

To fully understand PopGAF/HyperQueer posting culture, one only needs to watch this scene from the iconic 80s soap, Dynasty.

It will make complete sense once you've seen this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7hTFqBmHH0

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Why have I never watched Dynasty?
Though I am personally offended that when I just googled it a bunch of dirty looking men with gross beards came up
tumblr_ltn7fzNdSR1qaboh9o1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom