• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionX

Lorde - Green Light - 59k

Mess.

200.gif

DOWN

Banned
It would be nice if Ditched Harmony releases one more album and then a hits album using re-recorded songs to erase Camila

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
So does that mean Lorde already flopped or what?

Not only Ed being successful this year

200.gif

For contrast Lana who didnt bother promoting her song which also got leaked before release did 46k.

So kinda sounds like a flop unless it picks up later. Lorde is doing SNL and I think she has other shows so that might help.

FrodoYolo

Banned
Honestly Green Light isn't that great of a song anyways. It comes close each time the chorus hits, but then the song just loses momentum.
Which chorus? There are like three of them lol. There's only like six lines on non-repeated material:

Verse1:

I do my makeup in somebody else's car
We order different drinks at the same bars
I know about what you did and I wanna scream the truth
She thinks you love the beach, you're such a damn liar

Verse 2:
Sometimes I wake up in a different bedroom
I whisper things, the city sings 'em back to you

Aguila

#ICONIC
bring a hundred girls to the room

vt7LUov.gif

rhandino

Banned
I have a feeling that Halsey will remain an "indie hew" for the time being.

She got a lot of exposure with the Chainsmokers song but idk...

rhandino

Banned
The fact that slay songs like Chained to the Rhythm and Green Lights are underperfoming make me feel bad for the direction pop music is going to take in the short term.

Maybe it is time I start looking for faves that do country, folk and Sia.

ielUqtA.gif

Decarabia

Thanks to the 28 of you that voted, the first ever PopGAF Bop of the Week was chosen. Princess Zelda is here with the results.

rfa8drl.png

------------
This time, the extra question asked whether you had enjoyed Green Light, Lorde's latest single. Just like the community's discussion suggested, the results were pretty divisive:

Are you happy with the results? In any case, stay tuned, as the second week starts #soon.

FrodoYolo

Banned
halsey is over, just like every other artist in America that isn't Ed Shitstain and Shitlord Swift.
It's only her second album...and you stan Lana...like what?
The fact that slay songs like Chained to the Rhythm and Green Lights are underperfoming make me feel bad for the direction pop music is going to take in the short term.

Maybe it is time I start looking for faves that do country, folk and Sia.

ielUqtA.gif
They aren't EDM enough...I feel like getting a top ten hit is just random at this point.

Vazduh

I know, right?

BtDIsS4.gif

If The Cocksmokers are the future of pop, I don't want to live in that future.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Charli XCX is slaying me. I needed this after the steaming shit emanating from the radio recently.

I thought Charli was going to double down on the stuff After The Afterparty did and Bounce but no. She punched my taint and made me not burn my stan card.

Vazduh

Lil Kim?!

mJIJnZK.gif

I mean, it's cool and all, but that's almost 15 years old!

However, thanks to the playlist, I got into HANA's EP which is incredible, so thank you.

Also, looking forward to more Cruel Youth <3

Vazduh

This is random, but I wanted to share this Croatian ~gem~ of a ~performance~ from the absolute mess that's Your Face Sounds Familiar. Probably the most popular variety show in Croatia at the moment.

thumbnail.ashx

Ana Gruica - Ain't it Funny (J. Lo. impersonation)

Enjoy those silky smooth vocals and that energetic choreo. Ana (a model, actress, fitness guru - Jack of All Trades, Master of None) is still feeling herself despite the savage reviews.

Maybe people wouldn't be so savage had she not been an absolute
iconic
monster on social networks. There was an outburst not so long ago where she told a pregnant lady she was a whore who hands her pussy out like it was cheap lettuce. All over some sweepstakes for a trip to Rome, for which Ana(l) felt entitled to.

'Cause I'm dreaming of you tonight
'Til tomorrow, I'll be holding you tight
And there's nowhere in the world I'd rather be
Than here in my room dreaming about you and me

wq8rzE0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom