• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
NEW PAGE NEW NEWS

ibrb7Dge1nGRk6.jpg

RED IS OUT THERE ILLEGALLY SLAYING YOUR FAVES LATEST EFFORTS UNDER THE RADAR

#RED2012WORLDDOMINATION

#BABELWHO

THIS WEEK's TOP 10

1. Maroon 5, "One More Night" (=)
2. PSY, "Gangnam Style" (=)
3. Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble" (HOT SHOT DEBUT)
4. fun., "Some Nights" (=)
5. Taylor Swift, "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" (=)
6. Justin Bieber f/ Big Sean, "As Long As You Love Me" (+1)
7. Alex Clare, "Too Close" (+3)
8. Ke$ha, "Die Young" (+6)
9. P!nk, "Blow Me (One Last Kiss)" (=)
10. Owl City & Carly Rae Jepsen, "Good Time" (+1)

oop

tumblr_m1h2esCycv1qfoj4do1_400.gif

My review of RED, after one listen, if anyone cares.

iVt1F.png

Honestly, Red seems to be a significant downgrade from Speak Now. The ballads- which she did so well last time- are kind of limp and hookless on this album, which is ironic given the supposed meaning of the album title. The uptempos are really where it's at (besides the weird Fischer Price/Apple ad sounding Stay Stay Stay). It makes sense that the promo singles she released are the most radio-friendly songs on the album. Even with all the collaborators she worked with, the album feels a lot more cohesive than Speak Now, funnily enough. It's possible that the album will grow on me even more but I remember loving Speak Now on first listen, so who knows?

tl;dr: Swift is capable of more + you win this round, Carly Rae Jepsen.

ediT: that review came off as more negative than the star ratings, didn't it? oop

royalan

Yeah, I'm sorry Taylor Swift fans, but RED is probably the SHITTIEST album I have listened to all year. Like, this is really bad...

Full review incoming.

Mau ®

Arte, sis... 22 IS POP PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

_________

As if anyone expected anything positive from Roy regarding Swift tho

tumblr_m1h2esCycv1qfoj4do1_400.gif

royalan

Hey! I know "Roy haha tears of an Xtincta stan!"

But when I sit down to listen to an album I actually DO try to be objective. I've been won over before. ;_________;

But this album is shit. It just can't be denied.

Artemisia

Banned
Hey! I know "Roy haha tears of an Xtincta stan!"

But when I sit down to listen to an album I actually DO try to be objective. I've been won over before. ;_________;

But this album is shit. It just can't be denied.

now bitch...

ibdDBcCg4abfUO.gif

I know you were bopping to 22.

Crumpet and Roy, thanks for keeping me away.

I might listen to 22 courtesy of ITZ and Arte but otherwise I'll probably wait for the real successor to Speak Now.

#SavingMyself4Lotus

bud

am i the only one who's going to buy coldplay's new live blu-ray?

can i mention coldplay in this thread?

is it okay to like coldplay

Bladenic

Um, so why has nobody PMed Taylor's album yet?

Also YESSSSS at Die Young jumping to the top 10 while Diamonds is nowhere to be found. Coming for that #1 spot (probably not but whateva).

Mau ®

Is Taylor Swift trying to become the new Bowling For Soup/Panic at the Disco?

I can see why it's catchy, but I'd be embarrassed to listen to this in front of people, lol.

lol believe me this song is gonna EXPLODE all up on pop radio and Hot AC. Moms will love it. Daughters will love it. Even 20 somethings like me will love it *.*

DMeisterJ

Banned
Um, so why has nobody PMed Taylor's album yet?

Also YESSSSS at Die Young jumping to the top 10 while Diamonds is nowhere to be found. Coming for that #1 spot (probably not but whateva).

Diamonds is #11 and doing better on Radio than DY which is weighted more on the Hot 100 than anything else. Top 10 next week. But I'm not bothered. DY shits as does #DIAMONDS.

Mau ®

Diamonds is #11 and doing better on Radio than DY which is weighted more on the Hot 100 than anything else. Top 10 next week. But I'm not bothered. DY shits as does #DIAMONDS.

Yes both songs are doing really good. And both go for different audiences and different messages. Even tho both gurls ARE competition I feel the songs kinda aren't and both can co-exist without much problem. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom