• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
Ugh, I swear people flock to anything the tinniest bit Indie sounding these days...

That said, I didn't mind the new Solange track. The production is a little too sparse and the song a whole is meandering and doesn't really go anywhere, but I love her delivery.

I also love that vocal layering and harmonies seem to be back in vogue . There's a lot of it on Brandy's new album and even Xtina does a bit of it on Lotus.

B-

I agree with you about it not going anywhere. And I think the chorus dragged on a bit to long as well.

Artemisia

Banned
Screen%20Shot%202012-11-24%20at%206.32.06%20PM.png

iA09yHgNm1eIi.gif

wtf some tracks are missing

Majmun

Just listened to Scream & Shout for the first time

I am slayed. Big Fat Bass is superior tho. It will be hard to match that kind of flawlessness

Brit and Will should do more songs together
inJbrLBxjbquh.gif

Trigger

That beyonce photo has to be shopped to hell and back.

Also: Why would someone leak a bunch of songs in low quality? HEW would want that?

royalan

According to this page Xtina is booked to perform on Ellen December 7. For those keeping track, that's the same week "Just a Fool" is scheduled to be sent to radio. The timing is more perfect than anything we got with Your Body. ;___;

Calling it now: JAF will be a hit
to some degree
. Get ready to seethe.

Rise, Lotus! Rise! This is the beginning!

Christina_Aguilera_MEGA_Boobs_On_The_Ellen_DeGeneres_Show0001.gif

Majmun

Not this bleach shade again.

All black female singers somehow got paler. (see Nicki and Rihanna) That's called make-up and different lighting.

And you fave's skincolor isn't contstant either, bot
iDCIAMM0KWZUN.gif

royalan

Geez, she looks just straight-up white in these pictures.

I wouldn't care so much about Beyonce's insistence on living in crispy blonde hair weaves and skin lightening products if she didn't also claim to want to be a role model for young black girls in a world where it's fucking hard enough for them to see their own natural features as beautiful.

She should be ashamed of herself. That entire fucking family is scum.

At least Rihanna keeps it real about her ratchetness.

botty

Banned
Not this bleach shade again.

All black female singers somehow got paler. (see Nicki and Rihanna) That's called make-up and different lighting.

And you fave's skincolor isn't contstant either, bot
iDCIAMM0KWZUN.gif

Xtina admits to tanning. None of her stans deny it either.

Majmun

I wonder how much Bey actually does on her skin. She doesn't normally look that light in candid photos.

Look at Bey's parents

Especially her mother

jWTboW6e9Svjh.jpg

jw2qZ4vptH6Zx.jpg

Bey as a child:

jbrtxkKwXEcALf_e.jpg

It's clear that she inherited her mother's genes. Sure, she can look darker in some pics, but that's because she probably tans fast. She's pretty pale naturally

Nicki on the other hand...

royalan

Look at Bey's parents

Especially her mother

jWTboW6e9Svjh.jpg

jw2qZ4vptH6Zx.jpg

Bey as a child:

jbrtxkKwXEcALf_e.jpg

It's clear that she inherited her mother's genes. Sure, she can look darker in some pics, but that's because she probably tans fast. She's pretty pale naturally

Nicki on the other hand...

I wouldn't call that last picture pale. That's lighting. You can tell by her forehead what the natural tint of her skin is.

This shit tho?

tumblr_mdls82cB2N1rqgjz2o1_500.jpg

Fucking disgrace.

iOqP0.jpg

fhP8v.jpg

You can even tell that she's using makeup to add an unnatural "pink" undertone to her skin.

And this is nothing new. Remember the controvercy over this?

5WpUM.jpg

Artemisia

Banned
I can just as easily bring up recent FOOTAGE of Beyonce having a darker skin tone.

Sometimes she looks lighter, sometimes she looks darker.

Who the fuck cares?

Majmun

Has Beyonce ever been really dark though? Beyonce's skincolor at its darkest can be easily achieved by white people who tan.

I could easily get this skincolor:
jDUz0W4ZZ4QyG.jpg

Kelly Rowland is naturally more black.

Majmun

This conversation about Beyonce's blackness on the basis of how light-skinned she naturally is is sad.

There are so many mixed pale black people.

Tina Knowles has French heritage. And her skin was never dark. Bey inherited her genes.

The haters can keep on hating her skincolor, tho

Doesn't Mariah call herself black too btw. She looks more pale than Bey

royalan

There are so many mixed pale black people.

Tina Knowles has French heritage. And her skin was never dark. Bey inherited her genes.

The haters can keep on hating her skincolor, tho

Doesn't Mariah call herself black too btw. She looks more pale than Bey

Apparently I don't hate Beyonce's skin color more than she does, considering she does everything in her power to disguise it. In situations that benefit her financially, of course.

PowderedToast

wearing lighter foundation and whitening skin tones through shopping isn't a crazy implausible thing. it's p obvious bey does this, but as mentioned if you want a real disgusting example just look at nicki. basing herself off a idealized white western girl stereotype (barbie) is pretty irresponsible as a mainstream black rapper/pop star.

Ties

Banned
I agree.

tumblr posts certainly are good promo and rake in the big bucks

iMpOjrfQ8ai3y.gif
i mean shes only modeling her own line of clothing and posting the finished shoots on her tumblr where there are thousands upon thousands of people interested in her brand.
iMpOjrfQ8ai3y.gif

botty

Banned
You can look at Beyonce's albums as a timeline of her skin becoming lighter.

Dangerously_In_Love_Album%282003%29.png

Keeping face with the urbanites that helped her become successful, beyonce sticks with her natural dark complexion for her first solo album.

Beyoncé_-_B%27Day_%282006%29.jpg

Having proved that she can be a successful solo act, Beyonce begins to play more with make up, and lighting to look lighter for her next era.

IAmSashaFierce.jpg

Realizing that lighting and make up will never make you an actual white woman, beyonce continues to use the black and white filter in her music videos and photographs.

4_album_-_Beyonce.jpg

No longer content with make up tricks, and video magic... beyonce begins to bleach.

Trigger

wearing lighter foundation and whitening skin tones through shopping isn't a crazy implausible thing. it's p obvious bey does this, but as mentioned if you want a real disgusting example just look at nicki. basing herself off a idealized white western girl stereotype (barbie) is pretty irresponsible as a mainstream black rapper/pop star.

Mmmhmm. Nicki gives me Lil Kim teas.

Majmun

jMvWMqW00glEi.jpg

Now that is over the top.

Bey and Rihanna are naturally pretty pale. So they can look "white" sometimes.

Nicki's transformation has been really extreme and it looks so forced.

botty

Banned
Are we really comparing Nicki Minaj to Beyonce, when Beyonce's transformation has taken place over a decade... where as Nicki's image has been eclectic since her debut album?

There are some legitimate criticisms to be made about alterations of a pop star's skin tone in the media and how that affects the psychological well-being of a minority fan base, but using "hurr she bleaches" as shade just seems hollow and problematic.
ibciSNYMfZ5nnF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom