• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majmun

Survivor was such a horrible song.

what the fuck

ilpGstpXtII4w.gif

But you know I'm not goin' drag you on the internet
'Cause my mama taught me better than that

I'M A SURVIVOR
iWEAHM8HOhwrM.gif

10000th post

edit

almost

No lies

But this is how I saw the album

jGIF3QsjkLpyf.png

and the next one

j3lQM5kTdn3wd.png

and the one after that

jbvFYEzbX1LoUI.png

fjadkfhadfjadf

What kind of flaw free post. And free of lies <3

All this Rihanna and Ke$ha music makes me miss Katy Perry though, oddly enough. It would be cool if she released something around this time to complete the circle.

I know how you all feel about Miss Perry though...

tumblr_ma6zycHTSd1qgb5p1o1_500.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Unapologetic is a pretty solid album. There are some throwaway songs, but, in the end, I'm still left with 10 out of 14 songs that I will use. I was originally going to just purchase 3 songs; I'm glad I didn't, tho.

In other words, Robyn has slayed me.

ipDMIw93piUNu.gif

Next Albums that Aguila is looking forward to:
-Warrior
-Catarsis
-Broke With Expensive Taste
-ARTPOP

Mumei

:D

I was dog sitting and the stupid dog ran off (invisible fences are stupid, don't use them) and she was gone all day and last night but she just came home a few hours ago.

Crisis averted!

:D

stupid dog

Unapologetic is a pretty solid album. There are some throwaway songs, but, in the end, I'm still left with 10 out of 14 songs that I will use. I was originally going to just purchase 3 songs; I'm glad I didn't, tho.

In other words, Robyn has slayed me.

ipDMIw93piUNu.gif

Nice to see not everyone finds r&b/hip hop crass and unlistenable.

iYk8D3VKScbbj.gif

Next Albums that Aguila is looking forward to:
-Warrior Hew?
-Catarsis What?
-Broke With Expensive Taste
-ARTPOP Why?

iJ3tBeoikgaUA.gif

royalan

Roy will be very happy with "Just A Fool's" update today.

iWU7ysOaIwAHF.gif

Rolling effect and not even sent to radio, tbh. The fact that it charted and even started getting decent updates before its official add date is proof enough of potential
Although ITZ might clock me on this ;___;

It's okay; he still stans Britney.

!!!!!! I fell asleep!

I love R$B and still think Unapologetic is garbage outside of 3 tracks bb *.*

Mumei

Rolling effect and not even sent to radio, tbh. The fact that it charted and even started getting decent updates before its official add date is proof enough of potential

You are adorable.

!!!!!! I fell asleep! #Army

Fixed that for you. And what was that doing in your playlist, praytell?

Were you playing classic opera songs that day?

Good thing she came back tho
ib0DUVNTxCAQWr.gif

Thanks. ^_^

And no, I was reading The Stories of Vladimir Nabokov.

iYk8D3VKScbbj.gif

iJ3tBeoikgaUA.gif

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o2_250.gif

I don't find all R&B and hip-hop crass and unlistenable. I'm a fan of Beyonce, aren't I? R&B and hip-hop are umbrella genres, and within them are a varied number of styles. Rihanna's brand of hip-hop could EASILY be good; if her producers made more charismatic production choices, if she added more life into her vocal delivery, if her writers actually challenged themselves instead of resorting to pumping out variations of "ooo, give it to me like I need it" (whatever the fuck that line means), or if she didn't go out of her way to be CRASS for the sake of being CRASS. You can be edgy and brash and rebellious but you have to do it right. Rihanna comes off as unlikable as the collaborators she insists on working with.

Terrible, terrible songs. Terrible. Give me GOOD hip-hop. Give me CHARISMA. THAT'S what makes a good hip-hop record. You have to command the beat and make the listener feel energized. What you DON'T do is lay down on a beat with your ass sticking out, groaning all over the place like a baby goat mid-mastication.

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

royalan

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o2_250.gif

I don't find all R&B and hip-hop crass and unlistenable. I'm a fan of Beyonce, aren't I? R&B and hip-hop are umbrella genres, and within them are a varied number of styles. Rihanna's brand of hip-hop could EASILY be good; if her producers made more charismatic production choices, if she added more life into her vocal delivery, if her writers actually challenged themselves instead of resorting to pumping out variations of "ooo, give it to me like I need it" (whatever the fuck that line means), or if she didn't go out of her way to be CRASS for the sake of being CRASS. You can be edgy and brash and rebellious but you have to do it right. Rihanna comes off as unlikable as the collaborators she insists on working with.

Terrible, terrible songs. Terrible. Give me GOOD hip-hop. Give me CHARISMA. THAT'S what makes a good hip-hop record. You have to command the beat and make the listener feel energized. What you DON'T do is lay down on a beat with your ass sticking out, groaning all over the place like a baby goat mid-mastication.

tumblr_mcd4wwSO0K1qgb5p1o4_250.gif

iUX57zSwrrrgS.gif

Fixed that for you. And what was that doing in your playlist, praytell?

Uh....I was holding it for a friend.

DMeisterJ

Banned

You are correct that it is the 8th day so it is the rolling effect, but the update on day 1 was so abysmal, that if it can't match that, there is much to be worried about. I think the first day was 0.079 which is dreadful, and it should have been able to exceed that by at least a tiny margin versus getting a negative update.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. You're tacit write off of most of Rihanna's r&b/hip hop offerings, struck a nerve. But that's my issue.

royalan

You are correct that it is the 8th day so it is the rolling effect, but the update on day 1 was so abysmal, that if it can't match that, there is much to be worried about. I think the first day was 0.079 which is dreadful, and it should have been able to exceed that by at least a tiny margin versus getting a negative update.

But it hasn't even been sent to radio yet (not until Dec 4, which is it too far away imo, but that's another rant).

It got that update from being added by, like, two stations playing it.

so Unapologetic, so crass, so edgy

tumblr_mdyfrx6wbU1rbowhgo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mdzv49oq701rwfzwdo1_500.jpg

iheartrihannaslayingbm0ptg.gif

Can Chris Brown possibly look more disgusting? He's entering LIL WAYNE territory of "You're obviously a sex symbol because of your success because you look like a smelly troll and it's due to your own lack of grooming."

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. You're tacit write off of most of Rihanna's r&b/hip hop offerings, struck a nerve. But that's my issue.

I wrote a three page review where I went in obscene detail about why I don't like most of those songs, and why I like some of them. Hardly a "tacit write off."

But of course you, a fan, see it very differently. It's why you find Gaga to be pretentious and awful but I find her to be great. Except in Gaga's case I take your shade in stride. <3

tumblr_md552lE9Vl1qa4wtvo1_500.gif

Bladenic

But it hasn't even been sent to radio yet (not until Dec 4, which is it too far away imo, but that's another rant).

It got that update from being added by, like, two stations playing it.

Can Chris Brown possibly look more disgusting? He's entering LIL WAYNE territory of "You're obviously a sex symbol because of your success because you look like a smelly troll and it's due to your own lack of grooming."

WAIT Weezy is/was a sex symbol? What in God's name...?

Idontwanttoliveonthisplanet.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Guess you gotta find something to do with the WiiU, because soon good games won't be an option.

truth :(

I keep on telling y'all the shade was in the group name not being "Destiny's Children". Destiny had one child and her name was Beyoncè Giselle Knowles-Carter. The rest were window dressing.

Y'all still shade the other two too much tho. They were on the last two albums.

Um no.

what the fuck

ilpGstpXtII4w.gif

But you know I'm not goin' drag you on the internet
'Cause my mama taught me better than that

I'M A SURVIVOR
iWEAHM8HOhwrM.gif

10000th post

edit

almost

I don't dislike beyonce but survivor is just her screeching

I can't shade Survivor too much because of that flawless stage in Elite Beat Agents with the peanut-eating zombies coming for you while the song is playing in the background.

Cynosure

So are you saying that Britney's success is due to Xtina

iblAv8IfMG8xjC.gif

fact.

she had to work much harder and had more to prove because of Christina. her initial success was mostly due to leaching off nsync and releasing material at a much faster pace

1999: Baby One More Time, Christina Aguilera
2000: Oops I Did It Again
2001: Britney
2002: Stripped
2003: In The Zone

Shitney was a disposable manufactured product, her management knowing this had to make sure to keep her under the spotlight.

savvy business tbh

i9sBlsqP17MsY.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom