• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemisia

Banned
Yeah they posted that on ATRL once. There is no way it is accurate.

Even if the #'s on singles were correct (they are not), the fact that the US had almost twice the album sales would far outweigh it. Maybe they only count physical single sales? ...are those bigger in Japan? Or perhaps they give DVD sales more weight?

Well they are counting market share in terms of the retail value of all units sold, so it could still work out in Japan's favor if music is priced higher (which it is).

Well they are counting market share in terms of the retail value of all units sold, so it could still work out in Japan's favor if music is priced higher (which it is).

Not THAT much more expensive. It would have to be close to 2x as much to make up the gap with albums.

Not to mention that I would be shocked if the US didn't also sell nearly twice as many singles as Japan does. I just looked up the #1's from that year and if you add all those songs together they come close to the total for Japan.

Essentially. Its all a load of BS.

Edit: Maybe they include merchandising? Outside of Bieber and 1D (who were not around in 2010) music merchandising isn't nearly what it used to be in the US.

royalan

Actually...you know who Kimbra reminds me of?

Nicole Scherzinger.

Not creatively, of course. Nicole REMAINS a lesser. But they have VERY similar tones, vocally. Listening to bridge of Something In The Way You Are, if I didn't know it was Kimbra I would SWEAR I was listening to Nicole.

Bladenic

Nicole Scherzinger.

Not creatively, of course. Nicole REMAINS a lesser. But they have VERY similar tones, vocally. Listening to bridge of Something In The Way You Are, if I didn't know it was Kimbra I would SWEAR I was listening to Nicole.

LOL bye. Kimbra was serving straight up Perra tea on Gotye's song.

Koodo

Banned

Nicole Scherzinger.
Oh. You're right, especially when she's tanned:

ZVGGtZx.jpg

Uncanny.

Is that Miguel and KARRUECHE TRAN?

I know it's not Karrueche Tran, but I'd like to live in a world where that picture existed, and a subsequent brawl ensued with Frank Ocean, Chris Brown, and Miguel all duking it out for pencil dick supremacy.

botty

Banned
There is a very loyal lamb on twitter posting nudes in order to get people to buy "Almost Home"

5zvrU.png
5zvrU.png
5zvrU.png
5zvrU.png
5zvrU.png
5zvrU.png
5zvrU.png
5zvrU.png

He's also trying to get #almosthome to trend.
j28QC.gif

Majmun

Happy bday, Rihanna

That cosmetic line looks like something you can find in one of Walmart's $2 bargain bins, tho. Can't believe Jay approved the cheap look

Koodo

Banned
I'm sure Jay forced his unproductive wife to test out the cosmetics before release. They can't risk an important source of income.

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

DMeisterJ

Banned
I'm glad Rih didn't have to lighten her skin in order to get an endorsement. idk why the Beyhive isn't happier about this. They need the money, cause it sure isn't like Bey has any impact in the recent past. Rihanna is a huge brand, and it looks like Bey's impact is fading.

ibnRDChYljBmqe.gif

Nemesis_

I'm sure Bey is currently more productive than Gaga

iZEfAPghTtHVM.gif

Interesting - Gaga has been touring the world performing all the hits from her last three albums.

iZEfAPghTtHVM.gif

She's also been building up her own charity / foundation to help troubled youths.

iZEfAPghTtHVM.gif

It's not like either of the girls have gone through anything harrowing or particularly draining like a pregnancy lately nor has she been touring so what's Bey's excuse for her lack of productivity?

iZEfAPghTtHVM.gif

At least Gaga had to tear her fucking hip and kept on performing to knock her out of the game temporarily.

iLOMCSFUqr68U.gif

Majmun

But Rihanna IS a part of the Carter's impact

I wonder what Rih would become if Jay didn't enslave her
2j3f8s4kzen6.gif

And Bey has been productive. She did the sb, hbo documentary, oprah interview, pepsi promo and several cover magazines in a span of a few weeks.

Hardest working mother confirmed

DMeisterJ

Banned
iztuBcKhXqZRl.gif

C'mon is actually my fave Ke$ha track but I really wanted to use that gif kiiiiii

nnnnnn Ke#ha is done. I was waiting for PIU to clock her on the Hot 100 before bringing it up. #icant at an Urban/Rhythmic song clocking a pop song. Ke*ha can't even be a singles artist correctly.

Mau ®

Look at Barbados stanning their National Treasure

1. Diamonds
2. Stay
9. Hate That I Love You
10. Take a Bow
11. Russian Roulette
12. Disturbia
13. Unfaithful
15. Diamonds
16. Te Amo
17. Rehab
18. Shut Up and Drive
19. Umbrella
20. Birthday Cake
21. Talk That Talk
22. We Found Love
23. Where Have You Been
24. You da One
25. Man Down
26. Only Girl
27. Cheers
28. What's My Name
29. S&M
32. Rude Boy
33. Hard
34. Don't Stop the Music
36. Dem Haters
37. We Ride
60. Stay
164. Nobody's Business
165. Jump
176. Right Now
218. Diamonds
223. S&M
234. We Found Love
235. Where Have You Been
245. Where Have You Been
281. Take Care

I bet she's all they listen to all day. They truly stan their own *.*

1. TAYLOR SWIFT – I Knew You Were Trouble: 195.210 (+0.720)
2. BRUNO MARS – Locked Out Of Heaven: 166.457 (-1.690)
3. SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA – Don’t You Worry Child: 161.025 (+0.853)
4. MACKLEMORE & RYAN LEWIS – Thrift Shop f/Wanz: 159.576 (+1.638)
5. WILL.I.AM & BRITNEY SPEARS – Scream And Shout: 141.290 (+0.901)
6. LUMINEERS – Ho Hey: 135.939 (-1.188)
7. MAROON 5 – Daylight: 122.125 (+1.695)
8. PINK – Try: 115.875 (-2.255)
9. JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE – Suit & Tie f/JAY Z: 104.331 (+1.631)
10. CALVIN HARRIS – Sweet Nothing f/Florence Welch: 100.757 (+1.299)

11. JUSTIN BIEBER – Beauty And A Beat f/N. Minaj: 96.431 (-1.404)
12. KELLY CLARKSON – Catch My Breath: 95.143 (+0.942)
13. ALICIA KEYS – Girl On Fire: 85.981 (-0.574)
14. IMAGINE DRAGONS – It’s Time: 79.368 (+0.603)
15. MAROON 5 – One More Night: 78.429 (-0.007)
16. BRUNO MARS – When I Was Your Man: 78.137 (+3.006)
17. A$AP ROCKY – F**kin Problems f/Drake: 73.537 (+0.385)
18. RIHANNA – Pour It Up: 72.197 (+1.180)
19. MUMFORD & SONS – I Will Wait: 70.266 (+0.643) ▲
20. PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Home: 69.414 (-0.248) ▼

KE$HA – C’mon: 68.697 (+0.093)
TIM MCGRAW – One Of Those Nights: 66.494 (+0.613)
THE BAND PERRY – Better Dig Two: 65.915 (-0.608)
OF MONSTERS AND MEN – Little Talks: 62.528 (-0.652)
CARRIE UNDERWOOD – Two Black Cadillacs: 52.349 (+0.823)
BLAKE SHELTON – Sure Be Cool If You Did: 47.482 (+0.733)
PITBULL – Feel This Moment f/C. Aguilera: 44.178 (+1.992)
OLLY MURS – Troublemaker f/Flo Rida: 36.958 (+0.384)
FUN. – Carry On: 36.158 (+0.769)
LADY ANTEBELLUM – Downtown: 35.932 (+0.811)
RIHANNA – Stay f/Mikky Ekko: 35.130 (+1.396)
DRAKE – Started From The Bottom: 30.426 (+1.899)
MUSE – Madness: 30.063 (-0.289)
ONE DIRECTION – Kiss You: 21.819 (+0.512)

KREWELLA – Alive: 18.328 (+1.316)
FALL OUT BOY – My Songs Know What You Did…: 14.079 (+1.070)
EMELI SANDE – Next To Me: 13.886
LUMINEERS – Stubborn Love: 8.814 (+0.007)
KELLY ROWLAND – Kisses Down Low: 7.768
CHER LLOYD – With Ur Love f/Juicy J: 5.089 (+0.135)
PINK – Just Give Me A Reason: 4.935 (+0.588)
PHILLIP PHILLIPS – Gone, Gone, Gone: 3.648 (+0.113)
TAYLOR SWIFT – 22: 1.291
MARIAH CAREY – Almost Home: 0.068 (+0.060)
CALVIN HARRIS – I Need Your Love: 0.038

DMeisterJ

Banned
Remember last year today was when Birthday Cake (Remix) was released. I remember the meltdowns, the trolling, the thought that her career was over. Kiii at the last year being supremely successful and her still clocking the other girls.

what a (non) difference a year makes.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
#PrayForGaga

The Fame Monster has burned out on its own and all that remains are the ashes of a once Queen of Pop, but from these ashes a phoenix shall rise and with it the first real album of this generation. Rise, Gaga rise. This is the beginning. For her ARTPOP can mean anything.

#ARTPOP2013

Remember last year today was when Birthday Cake (Remix) was released. I remember the meltdowns, the trolling, the thought that her career was over. Kiii at the last year being supremely successful and her still clocking the other girls.

what a (non) difference a year makes.

I didn't think her career would be over, I just thought she was a rachet clammy mess.

And was a lie told?

Marius_ said:
#PrayForGaga

The Fame Monster has burned out on its own and all that remains are the ashes of a once Queen of Pop, but from these ashes a phoenix shall rise and with it the first real album of this generation. Rise, Gaga rise. This is the beginning. For her ARTPOP can mean anything.

#ARTPOP2013

I love that so many Monsters are running with this Phoenix theme like it's at all accurate. Born This Way really did a number on you guys. I'm of the minority that's certain that I'll like ARTPOP less than BTW, but I'm okay with it. Albums like that only come around once in an artist's portfolio. <3

Bladenic

I love that so many Monsters are running with this Phoenix theme like it's at all accurate. Born This Way really did a number on you guys. I'm of the minority that's certain that I'll like ARTPOP less than The Fame Monster, but I'm okay with it. Albums like that only come around once in an artist's portfolio. <3

Fucking fixed.

Nemesis_

Say what you want about Born This Way, but the way so many stans are jumping both on and off the ship is alarming. I didn't know it was a KE$HA stanbase.

Azealia-Shifty.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I love that so many Monsters are running with this Phoenix theme like it's at all accurate. Born This Way really did a number on you guys. I'm of the minority that's certain that I'll like ARTPOP less than BTW, but I'm okay with it. Albums like that only come around once in an artist's portfolio. <3

This lack of faith towards someone that has topped herself with each album is why we dont use
stick to stanning for Mrs. CantChartAnymoreOrSelloutStadiums Tour

iCJ6H8C0qtyL0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom