• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT4| asdfjkl;asdfjkl;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
I've never seen DMJ troll tho, stating facts about Beyonce shouldnt be discouraged

i994kvRqBH9sw.gif

I don't see how saying "clony will flop" is any more trollish than this Beyonic joke, but whatever. If it makes you feel better about your posts.

OT5 will be iconic. Maybe I will be free from this avatar.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Is Janet Jackson up to anything nowadays? I hope she isn't finally done with music. While she hasn't had any truly successful hits in a while, I have always enjoyed her. Last I heard, she was off getting engaged to a billionaire.

Aguila

#ICONIC
PopGAF |OT5| Lana Del Rey Slays Your Faves

PopGAF |OT5| Cyborgney, Beyonic, and Gagita Bonita Are Coming

PopGAF |OT5| Cyborgney, Beyonic, and Disabled Gaga Are Flopping

PopGAF |OT5| We Are Bionic, So Damn Bionic

PopGAF |OT5| A Faggot Is A Bundle Of Sticks

image.php

Koodo

Banned
POPGAF |OT5| PEPSI® sponsorship rejected

POPGAF |OT5| Almost Home by Mariah Carey available now on iTunes

POPGAF |OT5| Justin Timberlake makes shit music

POPGAF |OT5| Cursetina is watching

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Clive Davis has responded to Kelly

As anyone who has read The Soundtrack of My Life knows, I think Kelly Clarkson is a tremendous vocal talent and performer. In the book, I provide an in-depth look at our years together during which we shared major multi-platinum success, as well as a few creative differences. I am truly very sorry that she has decided to take issue with what I know to be an accurate depiction of our time together. Before the book was published, I had every fact checked with five independent individuals who were present on a daily basis throughout it all. The chapter as it is written was thoroughly verified by each and every one of them. I stand by the chapter as written in my book. At the same time I wish, and will always wish, Kelly's talent and her career to soar to ever new heights.

x

i4gAig0J2ruSo.gif

Touchdown

Banned
Almost home quickly reaches #1 at Itunes in Asia.

Neon Limelight: "Mariah Carey is back and serving up major vocals on her new single, 'Almost Home.'
The Grammy-winning diva and American Idol judge belts to the high heavens on the mid-tempo pop track, the first single from the soundtrack to Disney's Oz: The Great and Powerful."

Hollywood Gossip: "Remember when Mariah Carey was just a singer? One of the all-time greats, at that? Well, she reminds us of this with her latest release, entitled ''Almost Home.' The song, which is tied to the new film Oz the Great and Powerful, feels like a return to the Mariah of old, with electro-pop precision backing up her soaring vocals. The mid-tempo track may not go down as one of her biggest hits, but it's indicative of the unique vocal talent she possesses, and what her fans now expect."

Popcrush: "The song is a return to form for the multi-octave diva. "Almost Home" sounds like a Carey track from the days of yore - her 90's heyday - in the best way. With a Stargate-produced beat, the song sounds like it''d fit right in on Carey's pop classics Music Box and Daydream. The upbeat song relies on Carey’s unrivaled gifts of melody, harmony and power instead of attempting to attain street cred with guest rappers, and it's where she shines brightest. The track starts out with a more R&B vibe in the verses, then morphs into a poppier tune for the choruses. The song has a motivational message akin to Carey's unstoppable ballad 'Hero,' but combines it with an upbeat, uptempo track."

Buy it and be blessed.
tumblr_mi0o7gdva11qdqckto1_500.gif

Almost Home:

I can only stand the last bit, and even that is so autotuned/sequenced to tears that it feels fake.

I want to love this, but I don't see it happening. I guess expecting real Mariah was stupid of me.

I like Almost Home but its not slaying me at all.

Its just "good".

(Though compared to the other comebacks we have had recently I can understand the excitement.)

Touchdown

Banned
Almost Home:

I can only stand the last bit, and even that is so autotuned/sequenced to tears that it feels fake.

I want to love this, but I don't see it happening. I guess expecting real Mariah was stupid of me.

hmmm. I ask that you listen to it again all the way through.
tumblr_mho9jip6cY1rkaekho1_250.gif

hmmm. I ask that you listen to it again all the way through.
tumblr_mho9jip6cY1rkaekho1_250.gif

Um yeah that's the part I was talking about. It sounds pieced together not a real melisma. Blame her producers, blame her. Not sure, but the end result doesn't sound natural.

Expectations were too high I guess.

Mau ®

So I ventured into gaming to see what the ps4 was all about

And I found out Shin Megami Tensei 4 is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!! :O

I guess I'll have to buy a 3DS! *.*

Artemisia

Banned
Can someone clear something up for me?

I was looking for the receipt that Japan has overtaken the US in terms of music industry market share, and according to the IFPI report, in 2010, there were only 1.5 million singles sold in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_music_industry_market_share_data#IFPI_2010_data

That can't be right. I bet bad romance on it's own sold more than 1.5 million units in 2010.

And before anyone says LOL WIKI you can go check the receipt at the bottom and look at the report yourself.

Yeah they posted that on ATRL once. There is no way it is accurate.

Even if the #'s on singles were correct (they are not), the fact that the US had almost twice the album sales would far outweigh it. Maybe they only count physical single sales? ...are those bigger in Japan? Or perhaps they give DVD sales more weight?

Either way I wouldn't take it seriously. Even if it was true the fact that Japan is dominated by local Japanese artists would mean that it has little impact on the industry at large anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom